Ghost II immobiliser on T6.1

Reviving this thread...

Had my Ghost Immobiliser on my T6.1 since my conversion (2022) Very happy with it and (touch wood) it's been good as gold.

One thing I wanted to ask the collective Ghost owners, specifically on your T6.1, does your Ghost kick in when the vehicle's Auto Stop/Start actives?

Generally I find that if I'm waiting at a Red light for more than 30 seconds and the Stop/Start has killed the engine, when it's time to pull away (and the engine starts again) the Ghost kills everything. Leading to a frantic reentry of the Pass Code at the green light and some very pi*sed off drivers behind me!

Ways I've been getting around it is putting Ghost into Service mode when in heavy traffic or keeping revs slightly higher - enough so the Auto Stop/Start doesn't kick in. But generally it would be much better if this just wasn't an issue.

Thoughts welcome and greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Reviving this thread...

Had my Ghost Immobiliser on my T6.1 since my conversion (2022) Very happy with it and (touch wood) it's been good as gold.

One thing I wanted to ask the collective Ghost owners, specifically on your T6.1, does your Ghost kick in when the vehicle's Auto Stop/Start actives?

Generally I find that if I'm waiting at a Red light for more than 30 seconds and the Stop/Start has killed the engine, when it's time to pull away (and the engine starts again) the Ghost kills everything. Leading to a frantic reentry of the Pass Code at the green light and some very pi*sed off drivers behind me!

Ways I've been getting around it is putting Ghost into Service mode when in heavy traffic or keeping revs slightly higher - enough so the Auto Stop/Start doesn't kick in. But generally it would be much better if this just wasn't an issue.

This has never happened to me in 3 years, and I must have had a stop/start idle for more more than 30s.

Next time I'm in the van I'll try it.

Reviving this thread...

yes,

I've had this on occasions. ( prob under 10/20 times since 2018 )

with my 2018 T6 T32 and ghost fitted in 2018.

as you say after a long stop/start duration. . . . it can re-activate causing a no start. (prob 30 sec or longer)

normally its a frantic, off/on stop/start lock/unlock code/no code madness to get started.

after i worked out it was the Ghost,

i changed my driving style:

i either just blip the break peddle at the lights if im stilling for a while - which restarts the engine for that occasion. so doesnt hit the +30sec

or

just press the stop/start button to disable it for that journey.

++++++++++

so your not going mad.

theres not a fault

its the ghost just reacitvating. . .

i never bothered contacting Ghost or the installer to see if there is setting in the FW? - or if later FWs had a longer delay timer?

i just lived to work around it.

Reviving this thread...

I don't have a Ghost, but that sounds like madness to me. Surely this indicates an error in installation? Perhaps @Dav-Tec can comment?

I don't have a Ghost, but that sounds like madness to me. Surely this indicates an error in installation? Perhaps @Dav-Tec can comment?
from memory its a 4 wire install, and the unit FW is loaded from the main website before fitting - that sets the vehicle type and CAN protocol etc .

not much to do wrong.

got say mine did catch me out a few times till i worked it out.

+30sec may be a bit to quick.

say even, maybe 45-60sec? - just sitting there at the lights, IGN ON, in P or N. when stop/start has kicked in.

then lift peddle for the restart and bang !! - No crank. and with Imob acive on the dash maybe?

cant remeber. . . TBH i normally just switch off the stop/start these days with the button at the start of most journeys.

++++

though 100% love the T6.1 system where it detects cars in front moving and auto restarts. . . thats brilliant and i love it,

@Dav-Tec - can you retro fit that for me???? - the T6.1 stop/start to a MY18 T6?

++++

Last edited:
I had mine taken off, didn't have any running problems to speak off but not long after having the van my wife got stuck down the local shops on a Friday night, had to go down and pick her up and leave the van there as even me putting the code in it just wouldn't start, fair play though as I called DAV TEC who installed it for the previous owner and he told me what to do and it sorted it so I could get the van started, I just always had the niggle at the back of my mind of being stuck somewhere so he removed it for me when I got some other stuff done. Vans still on my drive (cursed it now lol)

mines been on for 6years now.

and the peace of mind that someone cant just take my keys and immediately drive off out weighs any worries about having it.

its a work van and my keys are always hanging about somewhere.

makes me happy,

one of the best auto security techs in years.

i have had the keys nicked, and tools robbed.

I've had the van smashed into and robbed.

but they never managed to drive it away.. . . so far !

++

++

though 100% love the T6.1 system where it detects cars in front moving and auto restarts. . . thats brilliant and i love it,
TBH, in practice, I find that feature quite annoying. You'll be sat in queueing traffic with the engine off and then, just because the bloke in front moves a couple of feet forward, your engine restarts. A lot of the time, in that scenario, I wouldn't even bother moving forward, but now I'm wasting fuel and all the components required to start the engine are that bit nearer end of life. :rolleyes:

The above is why I disable auto stop/start at the start of every journey. :)

Make sure that you let the Double Indicator Flash twice before you turn over the engine. I had it where I used to ignite the engine before waiting for the 2nd flash and it was very buggy

Shouldn't kick in on stop/start sounds like it needs different firmware to make it stable

After a bit of trial and error - waiting for the double flashing indicator lights (immobiliser disarm signal) to finish before turning over the engine has seemed to resolve the issue.

I think the problem I was encountering was that I was starting the engine once the disarm light sequence begun flashing but not waiting till the end. Doh!! That'll teach me to wait 1 extra second :p

Back