Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

I'm having Ghost put on my van next week, I don't have much faith in trackers these days and I'd rather the van didn't get driven away in the first place.

Part of the appeal of Ghost is that thieves won't know the van has this system fitted.

They claim it is Undetectable using diagnostics and Cannot be bypassed using standard theft methods. I assume this means it’s not visible via the OBD port??
Yes I expect so, not an addressable unit just sniffs the can bus and issues its own own commands etc. so the important thing is for it not to be found and snipped out..

Yes I expect so, not an addressable unit just sniffs the can bus and issues its own own commands etc. so the important thing is for it not to be found and snipped out..
Agreed - I have a rough idea where mine is but not exactly. With it being so small and just taped around the loom I think it would be easily disguised with a bit of tape, etc., meaning any would be thief having to dismantle a lot of dashboard and still most probably not spot it.

Until someone tells me it’s not as good as I think/hope it is I will be adding to any new vehicles I buy.

The ghost has already been breached by theives
they stole the keys to a audi s3
& got around the ghost Gone In 2 minutes

Video could be fake and this will still cock up most thiefs I reckon
That video is nothing like how mine works. I put the keys in and try to start without the code and the engine fires up but immediately cuts out - subsequent tries without removing the keys and waiting for reset don't even fire the engine - just been out and tried it a dozen times same result - video is either fake or a totally different/faulty install.

I’m having mine fitted in 2 weeks.
I also use a simple wheel lock as a deterrent more than anything else.
Realise that it wouldn’t last long if any scum really wanted my precious!!

I guess every little helps?

That video is nothing like how mine works. I put the keys in and try to start without the code and the engine fires up but immediately cuts out - subsequent tries without removing the keys and waiting for reset don't even fire the engine - just been out and tried it a dozen times same result - video is either fake or a totally different/faulty install.

Does yours say imobiliser when trying to start like on the Cali? Mine doesent

Does yours say imobiliser when trying to start like on the Cali? Mine doesent
Yep - does a dial sweep and then says "immobiliser active". I tend to wait for the dial sweep to finish before putting the code in.

I’m having mine fitted in 2 weeks.
I also use a simple wheel lock as a deterrent more than anything else.
Realise that it wouldn’t last long if any scum really wanted my precious!!

I guess every little helps?
Yep - Layers of security, starting with factory fit alarm/immobiliser, is the way to go.

Been speaking to Bass Mechanix about it who are my local installer and they said:

Initial thoughts are it’s a ploy against autowatch as was previous with a focus RS. Having said that we are doing a s3 tomorrow so I’ll try it myself;)

Does this depend upon the trim of your T6 regarding the central MFD display between the dials?

Back