Ghost II immobiliser on T6.1

Hi I was considering installing a ghost 2 immobiliser on my converted camper t6.1 seen some post from 2021 about problem are they still on going
@Dav-Tec is your man for this mate…. I’m pretty sure he went on holiday today, but I know he’ll come back to you as soon as he can :thumbsup:

Spoke to autowatch today
The issue they have encountered once you have entered your pass code you have to wait for two bleeps the combination of passcode and bleeps disarm the ghost immobiliser
Allowing the start stop to work as normal

If you enter your pass code and don't wait for the two bleeps this is where problems can occur
Having my ghost fitted tomorrow automotive addiction telford so I'll update later

Spoke to autowatch today
The issue they have encountered once you have entered your pass code you have to wait for two bleeps the combination of passcode and bleeps disarm the ghost immobiliser
Allowing the start stop to work as normal

If you enter your pass code and don't wait for the two bleeps this is where problems can occur
Having my ghost fitted tomorrow automotive addiction telford so I'll update later
This is the same on my T6…. enter the passcode and wait for the ABS light to flash twice…. never had an issue.

Someone shout me? What did I miss?@T6ARF I'm on holiday but you know me can't stay away from here lol.

Ghost is a system where you do need to wait for the confirmation signal before you start. The installer should tell you this during commission and I think it's in the manual.

Not waiting for the double confirmation signal to finish can lead to some issues in certain vehicles

I can highly recommend the Ghost, just fitted to my 20 plate Kombi. Quick question , anyone know which button operates the valet mode? I was told the accelerator, but it doesn’t seem to work. TIA

I can highly recommend the Ghost, just fitted to my 20 plate Kombi. Quick question , anyone know which button operates the valet mode? I was told the accelerator, but it doesn’t seem to work. TIA
On ours normal pass combination to flash twice. don’t start and 5 short presses on accelerator pedal. Should flash 5 times to confirm. Should then start as normal no codes.

Thank you Grainfoot, I tried the accelerator x 5 but to no avail. I’ll try again tomorrow. Do hold it down for a few seconds?

On ours normal pass combination to flash twice. don’t start and 5 short presses on accelerator pedal. Should flash 5 times to confirm. Should then start as normal no codes.
Thank you Grainfoot, I tried the accelerator x 5 but to no avail. I’ll try again tomorrow. Do hold it down for a few seconds?

Each set up is different according to how it was programmed at installation.
Mine uses the window switches not the accelerator.
Suggest that you speak with the installer or do you have the paperwork, it’s should be in there.

The installer should have wrote which button is the service button in the handbook (although easy to forget).

Correct procedure is

# turn onignition but don't start or press anything.
#insert code and wait for the 2 flashes
#once 2 flashes are complete press the service button 5 times and you should receive 5 flashes.

Valet mode is now active to test turn off the ignition for 10 to 30 seconds got to start the vehicle and it should start no issues.

Valet mode will time out once the vehicle has been driving for 15 mins or more and reached a speed of 31mph. Once this is achieved the next vehicle start will require your code.

To remove out of valet mode early simply enter the user code as you normally would and this will cancel valet mode.

Hope this helps

Hi, mines a 21 plate and they told me it's the driver door window switch 5 times shut after inputting your code, and the dashboard light up to confirm the setting, I alway say to who ever drives it, not to do 30 mph that's the cut off, I told my vw center, and they did what I told them not to do, luckily for them it wouldn't start again back in the compound. I wasn't happy. Think it also says in the manual

Hi, mines a 21 plate and they told me it's the driver door window switch 5 times shut after inputting your code, and the dashboard light up to confirm the setting, I alway say to who ever drives it, not to do 30 mph that's the cut off, I told my vw center, and they did what I told them not to do, luckily for them it wouldn't start again back in the compound. I wasn't happy. Think it also says in the manual
Timer can be changed by the installer, sounds like it's been changed buddy

Back