Ghost II immobiliser on T6.1

Taylorm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've recently had a Ghost II Immobiliser fitted which I believe may have started to cause a few issues:

• Heated front window screen has stopped working
  • Battery warning light came on twice and advised it wasn't charging. The warning message has only appeared twice within the week it's been installed which is odd.
  • Auto locking of my doors doesn't work when driving.
I called the company who installed and they are coming back next week to change the immobiliser as Autowatch have found a fault and need to swap it out on the T6.1 immoiliser.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues with putting a Ghost on a T6.1?

Cheers

I don't have one but was considering getting one, Thanks for the heads-up on potential issues, will be nice to hear a good conclusion!

Could it be a faulty installation? I’m interested to hear if this is resolved because I am planning on having a Ghost fitted to my 6.1 next year when I get it.

Engineer changed the software on my ghost tonight which sorted the issue around the door locking issue. He advised that autowatch were aware of the t6.1 but hadn’t told all of the companies who install them.

The heated screen was unrelated but he sorted that for me which was a bonus. As is the battery issue which I’ve got it booked into to VW to sort.

Worth checking with the company you get to install if they are aware of the known issues.

Not quite the same but, 3 months in and my Ghost 2 is working perfectly on/with my Crafter.

My T6.1 has been in today for Ghost II, and despite using an Autowatch recommended fitter, all has not gone smoothly;

Ghost install failed - 'can't find the wires'

Van won't start - Immobiliser active

8:30pm

FFS!

• Wow
Reactions: Jlo
I was in contact with two local installers about getting one installed... I'm getting concerned with some of these faults being mentioned! :oops:

My T6.1 has been in today for Ghost II, and despite using an Autowatch recommended fitter, all has not gone smoothly;

Ghost install failed - 'can't find the wires'

Van won't start - Immobiliser active

8:30pm

FFS!
there's a solution to this in the handbook you should have been given

there's a solution to this in the handbook you should have been given
Is there? The handbook is in the van, in the installers unit, so I can't look at the moment.

I've had a quick google, and the possible solutions/causes I can see are;
a) try the other key
b) the starter battery is flat (possible as they have had the doors open all day, and maybe had the DRLs on?)

Do you know any more than this?

My t6.1 has been faultless to date. Had it in converters yesterday and successfully put it in service mode.

Back