Ghost II immobiliser on T6.1

Not odd, it’s a dsg 4 motion
Mines a manual. There seems to be good autowatch instructions for the DSG fitting, but less so for the manual, this is at least part of the reason for the fitter throwing the towel in.

I have now found someone who's fitted Ghosts to then manual T6.1, so I've booked in with them.

Is there? The handbook is in the van, in the installers unit, so I can't look at the moment.

I've had a quick google, and the possible solutions/causes I can see are;
a) try the other key
b) the starter battery is flat (possible as they have had the doors open all day, and maybe had the DRLs on?)

Do you know any more than this?
You should have got an emergency code as part of your handover - it will be with the handbook

I've recently had a Ghost II Immobiliser fitted which I believe may have started to cause a few issues:

• Heated front window screen has stopped working
  • Battery warning light came on twice and advised it wasn't charging. The warning message has only appeared twice within the week it's been installed which is odd.
  • Auto locking of my doors doesn't work when driving.
I called the company who installed and they are coming back next week to change the immobiliser as Autowatch have found a fault and need to swap it out on the T6.1 immoiliser.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues with putting a Ghost on a T6.1?

Cheers
No not had any issues at all, only getting used to it, kept ghosting my self. But now it's a great piece of kit and piece of mind, I also got the tracker too Great it's also starting to get recognised by the insurance companies too

Another Ghost II working fine in my 4m DSG also.

I was advised to not use the BT phone app by the fitter (which is also how their key-fobs work I believe) mainly as it has such a long range, such as from inside the house.

I’ve used service mode a few times recently (tyre fitment & conversion work), all of which worked fine.

Another Ghost II working fine in my 4m DSG also.

I was advised to not use the BT phone app by the fitter (which is also how their key-fobs work I believe) mainly as it has such a long range, such as from inside the house.

I’ve used service mode a few times recently (tyre fitment & conversion work), all of which worked fine.
Hi, I use the app with my Samsung, you right about the range, think I was quoted 10 m. But just turn the Bluetooth off and end the app working in the background.

Hello all,

Firstly, cheers for all of the advice I've gleaned from the forum and it's members over the past couple of months since buying my T6.1. It really is an invaluable source of info when doing a DIY conversion.

I have been considering upgrading the standard security in my van and was initially looking at the Ghost 2.

I did read some earlier posts when the T6.1 was new out that suggested the Ghost was causing problems with the Van's electronics.

I was wondering whether anyone else has taken the leap since then and what your experiences were?

It looks like a fantastic system I'm just slightly worried that it could cause issues elsewhere.

Cheers,
David

Hi mate. I'm a Ghost installer. All initial issues with the T6.1 have now been resolved. If your interested I can put you in contact with an installer in your area mate.

Hi mate. I'm a Ghost installer. All initial issues with the T6.1 have now been resolved. If your interested I can put you in contact with an installer in your area mate.
Hi mate, that sounds positive. I'm planning on doing 6 months travelling around Europe and the last thing I want is a van that I can't start!

I'm based in Teesside but travel to York area on a regular basis if this helps?

Cheers,
David

Hi Mate my unit is based just off the motorway at J29a of the M1. We're based in Nottinghamshire. I'd be willing to install or can find an installer near you.

Good that these issues have been resolved now.

Just worth bearing in mind that if you want an insurance approved system (or want to move to a different insurer in future who requires an approved system), i believe its still the case that most insurers don't recognise Ghost.

Ghost currently are not thatcham approved as thatcham don't operate a scope for CANbus immobilisation however it is something Autowatch is working on.

It's hit and miss so insurers do and some don't.

For me and a lot of customers I find it's more piece of mind. That said I fitted a tracker to my van and a thatcham Cat 1 alarm and it made absolutely zero difference to premium

I've had it working in my 6.1 since December.

No issues, except when I ask a friend to move the van and forget I have Ghost :)

Hi Mate my unit is based just off the motorway at J29a of the M1. We're based in Nottinghamshire. I'd be willing to install or can find an installer near you.
Thanks mate. Ideally I'd prefer it to be installed closer to home if possible. If you could put me in touch with an approved installer near teesside/North east it would be much appreciated! Cheers

Good that these issues have been resolved now.

Just worth bearing in mind that if you want an insurance approved system (or want to move to a different insurer in future who requires an approved system), i believe its still the case that most insurers don't recognise Ghost.
Hi Ozi, thanks for the heads up. Im more looking to install one for peace of mind and if they become Thatcham approved in the future then happy days!

I offered to my insurer that I would install a Thatcham tracker for a reduced insurance cost. Turns out it wouldn't make any difference to my premium whatsoever which didn't seem to make sense to me but there you go (even by a small amount.. surely?!)

Thanks mate. Ideally I'd prefer it to be installed closer to home if possible. If you could put me in touch with an approved installer near teesside/North east it would be much appreciated! Cheers
Hi mate your nearest installer is Ben at SBH Car Care 07469885465

Hi I was considering installing a ghost 2 immobiliser on my converted camper t6.1 seen some post from 2021 about problem are they still on going

Had my Ghost fitted a couple of months ago and so far no issues at all. Soon got used to pressing the buttons before moving...

Back