Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

Thanks Loz. Is it as simple as fitting a hidden latching switch on the +ve feed from SC14? I don’t have 4 motion.

But, as discussed above, removing the power from the OBDII socket doesnt disable it, it just means the thief needs a powered device which he'd probably be using anyway. Surely you be better switching canhigh/canlow or moving those pins and making up an adapter that corrects the swap?

But, as discussed above, removing the power from the OBDII socket doesnt disable it, it just means the thief needs a powered device which he'd probably be using anyway. Surely you be better switching canhigh/canlow or moving those pins and making up an adapter that corrects the swap?

Im certainly no expert in these matters but I see your point. When I used to work with analogue data cables years ago we called them ‘twisters’.

I am finally getting round to getting ghost fitted.
Does anyone know if leaving lights in auto out of auto, windscreen wipers in or out of auto and fan on or off will affect operation of ghost on starting.

Should be fine. The only thing I have found That interferes with the code entering is my stop start memory module. As that is on the same canbus as the ghost and if I don’t get my code in quick enough it of course simulates a button press to disable start stop and that can be seen as one of the code buttons you’re trying to input.

Should be fine. The only thing I have found That interferes with the code entering is my stop start memory module. As that is on the same canbus as the ghost and if I don’t get my code in quick enough it of course simulates a button press to disable start stop and that can be seen as one of the code buttons you’re trying to input.
How log does the stop start module take to do the button press? Could that not be included as the first button in your code, then you could wait for it then enter the rest? Just a thought.

I am finally getting round to getting ghost fitted.
Does anyone know if leaving lights in auto out of auto, windscreen wipers in or out of auto and fan on or off will affect operation of ghost on starting.
Never had any issues using mine on two different motors with auto lights, wipers etc. You'll be fine.

Hi Grainfoot, should not be a problem - regularly leave the auto lights on auto fan on etc. and all is good - go ahead get it fitted and sleep a little easier!

How log does the stop start module take to do the button press? Could that not be included as the first button in your code, then you could wait for it then enter the rest? Just a thought.
1 to 2 seconds and normally just after the needle sweep has completed. Yes, you could incorporate that button in your code, in which case you wouldn't need the SS memory module as you would always press it.
I am going to remove my SS module if it ever stops raining.

I plan on getting the ghost system fitted in the new year....

Out of interest how does the Emergency pin code over-ride work..? How is the unique reset code entered..?

Also any recommended installers in the north west / manchester area...

"Emergency PIN code override

If the PIN code is forgotten, the car is sold or a button is broken then there is a secure, unique reset code for each device."

Hi JasonW - each installation comes with a unique credit card with a scratch off panel to reveal a unique PIN code - in a an emergency the vehicle can be started using this code and using the brake and accelerator pedals as your buttons (instructions are on the card), you can also call the installer or autowatch who should be able to restart your vehicle by the magic of bluetooth. my install assured me he offers a 24/7 reset/restart service through his network of nationwide fitters - see my earlier post (in this thread) for his contact details - he is also insurance accredited

Can anyone tell me if i put it into service / valet mode when taking the vehicle in for work, will it reset to the button presses if the battery is dis-connected / re-connected...?

Thanks

Well... I'm all booked in for the 27th now so i can always find out from the installer... Thanks Wilson for the link to SRS Vehicle security...!

At least with it fitted it will slow down the parasites with criminal intentions of trying to steal what doesn't belong to them.

It’s done! Had one fitted and brilliant, feel a lot more secure now. Fitted in Sheffield at Bellman’s Auto Electronic Services highly recommend this place will be back there for any other work needed.

Reactions: Loz
The code on scratch card I assume is hidden so the installers don't know it. Was thinking of taking photo of code on mine and wife
Phone so both have code.

Back