Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

Just out of idle interest, do you have to repeat the start buttons/switches procedure if you stall the van at the lights?

Finally got round to installing yesterday, busmans holiday n all. I have a Gen Six, but I have installed a Golf flat bottom s/wheel with flappy paddles. The T6's are weird creatures when it comes to the ghost, some work with all the MFSW buttons, some only the right bank, some just the left. Good news is my flappy paddles were seen too :)

Cheeky punt but if anyone needs one in the York area, feel free to give me a shout

Messaged you Spookybear.

Yip. Shuttle SE doesn't come with MFSW. So my local Autowatch installer contacted their technical boffin. Explained I had retro fitted cruise on the stalk (as per Euro 5). Coded to vehicle just like factory fit. Cant use these buttons apparently. Told I can use the accelerator pedal and traction control button. Guess what. VW kept said button in their parts bin and neglected to grace my van with such an item. So back to drawing board.

Interesting .
We've done retrofit stalk cruise on euro 5 and 6 with ghosts.
Give me a call to discuss.
Regards .
Edd
Volksfit

Got mine fitted by Automotive Control under the M5 Avonmouth bridge.
Very efficient and professional.
Great to know that even with key, thieving scum can’t drive it away.

There are a couple of mobile guys that will come to you too. Immobilisers direct came out to me Saturday morning last weekend, from Northampton, to MK. Took 2hrs, job done.

I’m considering having the ghost fitted to my t6. Question I’ve got is the iPhone app used via Bluetooth. It says on the website to keep the app running in the background but then also mentions if the phone is in range(5-10m) the system is deactivated. My bedroom is at the front of the house and would be within this range. If I turn the app off every night does it take long to re connect ?

I was told (last weekend) in my install that the Bluetooth range has been reduced to a little more than the length of the door, arms length, effectively, given that the device is somewhere in the middle of the dash/enginebay.
But I've decided not to deploy it.

Question I’ve got is the iPhone app used via Bluetooth. It says on the website to keep the app running in the background

I have the app on my phone to give the option of an alternative means of removing the immobilisation. However I rarely use it, normally leaving the app closed.

Particularly I have found that the opposite applies to the Autowatch advice you quote. If I do use the app to remove the immobilisation and then leave it active, I usually have interference with the vehicle systems. I find it much better to turn off and close the app following its disabling of the immobilisation.

I may have overlooked this, but, how many attempts do you have with the code? and what about the guarantee/maintenance in the long term should a fault arise (just looking for unbiased answers)

Back