Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

I've just had my ghost installed.

A quick question for other users - My installer said the sequence is -

Turn on ignition.
Enter code
Turn off ignition
Turn on ignition and start as normal with foot on clutch.

Is it necessary to turn the ignition off after entering the code?

Errr, no.
I think he may have been demonstrating the service mode there where you can allow others to start the vehicle without the code to move it around when being serviced.
Otherwise, the regular sequence is key, code, drive away.

And, I don't think any will start without foot on clutch, that's universal.

what he said . . . . .

Ignition ON > Code > Go

(you can see the 2 orange ABS blips on the MFD once the code has been entered)

Actually on some vans you do need to ign-code-ign. Don't ask me why, you just do and AW can't explain it either.

Actually on some vans you do need to ign-code-ign. Don't ask me why, you just do and AW can't explain it either.
Sometimes I need to do this to clear the {Imobiliser Active} message on the MFD but it will still start as long as the code has been entered at least once.

I also need to do this if my timing is out and the start/stop memory module gets in before me.

Sure, I expect it is spliced into the can bus wires.
I love the idea, plus either an odb lock or secret switch that disconnects the power line on the odb port.

I like the idea of the isolation switch on the port power. Can anybody provide the wiring diagram for this port?

I was just thinking about fitting a Ghost again. I found one quite close but what's the best way to find out if they are legitimate/authorised fitters? Last time I looked there were no authorised dealers on the Ghost site.

I like the idea of the isolation switch on the port power. Can anybody provide the wiring diagram for this port?
I'd humbly suggest that would be ineffective, any tech-aware thief would expect the power might be isolated or current-alarmed and have a self-powered ODB unit with just the ground common to the vehicle ;)
Actually as canbus is balanced you dont even need ground, just the two signal wires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Circuit_Diagrams_Diagnostic_port.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: DXX
I was just thinking about fitting a Ghost again. I found one quite close but what's the best way to find out if they are legitimate/authorised fitters? Last time I looked there were no authorised dealers on the Ghost site.
Phone Autowatch. 01732 886777

Hi I phoned Autowatch initially and they arranged for a fitter to contact me - SRS vehicle security - they are based in North Lincs but cover the nation - they were excellent and installed quickly and efficiently, they are also one of the first to be insurance accredited which is a new addition to the service now the system is recognised by the main insurers (we got a discount when we mentioned it!) contact is Sean Spencer 07710 453974

I'm in mainland Europe and autowatch gave me the details of an installer about 2 hours away, unfortunately this installer only suggested ampire and another brand.. Same set up, needs button presses etc.

Back