Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

SRS vehicle security are mobile fitters that cover the uk. They'll come to you to install it. Very helpful and friendly and install, demo and set up in under 90 minutes. They also provide 24 hour call out if there's ever a problem, full refund in the event of theft and say the ghost-2 is now insurance accredited with some companies and becoming more recognised by mainstream insurers.

Had ours fitted on the 24th Dec. Just having a week away in Scotland for new year. It's raining wet we jump in van and doh! Forgot to put pin in.
How many times, both of us do it. But it is reassuring knowing that for anyone trying to take van it is the same but they don't know the code.

Read the post from page 1 to 17 and sold. Could anyone recommend a North East Ghost fitter?
Looks like it's a standard £399 but what's a good installation standard...

Read the post from page 1 to 17 and sold. Could anyone recommend a North East Ghost fitter?
Looks like it's a standard £399 but what's a good installation standard...
That price includes installation.

Has anybody got an insurance premium reduction due to fitting a Ghost?
If so which insurer and roughly how much saved?

Yes, I got a £50 reduction from Adrian Flux.

It's worth mentioning that Autowatch offer a software update which makes older units Thatcham Approved now.

I had mine fitted a couple of weeks ago. From 1st March all Ghost installations will be Thatcham Approved.

SRS did mine. Give them a bell. They have fitters nationwide so can come to your door. https://www.srsvehiclesecurity.co.uk/

I think the upgrade is £100 which you'd get back in around 2 years due to insurance premium reduction.

The Highline Kombi comes with a standard Thatcham category 1 approved immobiliser, so does adding the Ghost on top of this result in a premium drop?

I think all T6s come with a Thatcham approved immobiliser, but I'll stand corrected. I got the 50 quid reduction despite already having 'an immobiliser', whether it's Thatcham Approved I'm not sure. I think you get the discount simply because you're adding another layer of 'approved' security.

I just put the question to Brentacre, they do not offer a premium saving for adding additional security measures but are willing to add it to the vehicle details.

Cat one is for alarm/immobiliser, just an immobiliser is cat 2.
All vehicles these days are fitted with the latter when they are manufactured.

Yes, I got a £50 reduction from Adrian Flux.

It's worth mentioning that Autowatch offer a software update which makes older units Thatcham Approved now.

Questioned my installer about this yesterday this was their email reply.

Ok so the GHOST System is not Thatcham Approved and more than likely will not be for the foreseeable. GHOST is now TASSA Approved (Which means Some insurance companies are starting to recognize it but not all).

There has been a small amount of info about existing customers and as this is all very new I’m led to believe that it is only the GHOST 2 that can be “Upgraded” to be a TASSA Approved Install and that they had to be within a certain time frame of a few months from having been installed. Like I said, this is all very new….

You’d think the Ghost and the £400 price tag like I paid would have all the necessary type approvals. Seeing as it’s probably the best immobiliser on the market

On another note the sequence for starting my van also is:

ignition on
Code in
Ignition off
Ignition on
Start van

I have to do this sequence else the “Immobiliser active” message won’t clear

Afterall it is just another layer of protection from your run of the mill car thief.

If someone wants it bad enough they'll tow it away and then remove ghost at their leisure albeit time consuming and a lot of effort probably finding it.

Biggest insurance discounts for S5/S7 accredited trackers, along with the usual garaged / postcode lottery etc..

By the way Ghost 1 was cracked, one reason why Ghost 2 appeared... Which is much more secure and worth the money for some extra peace of mind

Back