No suprises no fuel make great wheels, they are owned by Rotiform or the other way round

Hey Whale,
That looks fantastic. They look massive from the side but from the front it's very subtle. No sticking out and no spacer needed. And the width of the tire does not look overdone.

I found a UK distributor for Fuel Wheels... Have to say it's a very affordable wheel for something made in California.

Gonna have a look at the Twin monotube's also now, haha!

Hey Whale,
That looks fantastic. They look massive from the side but from the front it's very subtle. No sticking out and no spacer needed. And the width of the tire does not look overdone.

I found a UK distributor for Fuel Wheels... Have to say it's a very affordable wheel for something made in California.

Gonna have a look at the Twin monotube's also now, haha!
There are several suppliers in the UK, THQ among others.

Strange thing is the Transporter sized version of the Fuel Zephyr is quite a lot more £££ than the same wheel in other pcd and offsets :/ . VW tax again?

Came across this one on the Twin Monotube website.... Have to say their 17 inch offroad wheel is pretty much perfect with the 37ET. No spacers needed.

Car in the photos is on stock ride height. Looks so good. I'm wondering what hese tires are..?

twinmonotube.jpg

95+% sure they would be 235/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+ , there aren't that many size options for a T6 in this tyre range.

Edit:
Then again I've just looked at mine and I'm 95% sure then are 225/65/17

I think in summary I'm 99% sure they are one of the above,
& I'm 100% sure this isn't much help ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! That was helpful, haha!

It's indeed the Scorpion thread pattern. TuV wise Twin Monotube approves either 235/65/17 and/or 225/65/17 so it's either one of those.These tires don't look so bulky and heavy and the threads also look like fuel milage isn't going down so much, i.e. looks like a very user friendly tire.

I had big 19 inch rims with low tires with a B14 lowering kit on y old T5, and then switched to the original steel 17 inch rims. The difference was huge!! Those big wheels were actually a pain to drive with. Heavy, bulky feeling over bump etc, heavier steering... I'm really curious what a Scorpion for example will feel like.

20210201_125606.jpg
245/65 r17 straight off my mate's Amarok. Fitment is pretty darn tight but no rubbing that I can see and on stock suspension.

Back