@BigYoeKing

I have Falken Wildpeak AT3Wa in that size and have been fantastic in all weathers so far. Light snow, rain, dry etc all good. Driven on the motorway several hundreds miles too all good . They are not noisy at all really not that I have noticed significantly. Really pleased with them .

guys, I'm thinking about converting to a swamper from 20" wheels. I would like 235/65 r17 falken wildpeak, how are the tires on the water? slippery or good? Thank you
I have 225/65 r17 102T AT Comforser CF1100, but am pretty sure I need a minimum of 103 load rating for a California Ocean? Looking at your Falkens, they look like 235/55 r17

IMG_7519.jpegIMG_7495.jpeg
Super happy scoring a set of 17” Amarok rims ($100), which I painted ($60) and got a set of Pirelli Scorpion AT+ 235/65/17 ($1150). I was previously running 255/45/18 Kumho Estas, which were just fine for roads, but useless off. The ride is much smoother with the fatter tyres, and I can get to places I previously couldn’t. I think the slightly larger diameter fills the wheel wells better, and generally looks more useful.

Couldn’t have done it without this forum tho. Thanks to all the previous posts!

Reactions: MrD
Hi all. after trawling through several posts on tyres/rims, I am not seeing anyone really concerned with the effect on the speedo when changing tyres. I recently got a new T6.1 that came with 205/65/16 from factory and the calibrated speedo is already 3.5-4km faster than actual, so at 100km p/hr, actual speed is 96/97 km. Already behind the eight ball and putting larger tyres on, will make that effect worse. I used the website, Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to enter my factory wheels in the "new" side, then worked backwards by entering a smaller 15 inch wheel on the "existing" side of the calculator. This tells me I'm already -3.77% compared to true zero for the speedo. Putting on the next size up 215/60/17 pushes the speedo error out to -6.13%... Who wants their speedo saying 100km, when the actual is 92/93km?
Now I want to also change to all terrain of some sort but its near impossible to find the right combination of size, diameter and load rating. The sticker on the driver door shows several sizes from 16's to 18's but all have load ratings above 102. I spent an hour in a tyre shop today and they couldn't find an appropriate tyre that was in the all-terrain category they would fit legally without breaking the load rating for the car or massively affecting the speedo. What are you all doing in this regard? Are you not bothered by speedo's becoming so far out?

guys, I'm thinking about converting to a swamper from 20" wheels. I would like 235/65 r17 falken wildpeak, how are the tires on the water? slippery or good? Thank you
They are good I’ve been running same setup for year now very happy

Hi all. after trawling through several posts on tyres/rims, I am not seeing anyone really concerned with the effect on the speedo when changing tyres. I recently got a new T6.1 that came with 205/65/16 from factory and the calibrated speedo is already 3.5-4km faster than actual, so at 100km p/hr, actual speed is 96/97 km. Already behind the eight ball and putting larger tyres on, will make that effect worse. I used the website, Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to enter my factory wheels in the "new" side, then worked backwards by entering a smaller 15 inch wheel on the "existing" side of the calculator. This tells me I'm already -3.77% compared to true zero for the speedo. Putting on the next size up 215/60/17 pushes the speedo error out to -6.13%... Who wants their speedo saying 100km, when the actual is 92/93km?
Now I want to also change to all terrain of some sort but its near impossible to find the right combination of size, diameter and load rating. The sticker on the driver door shows several sizes from 16's to 18's but all have load ratings above 102. I spent an hour in a tyre shop today and they couldn't find an appropriate tyre that was in the all-terrain category they would fit legally without breaking the load rating for the car or massively affecting the speedo. What are you all doing in this regard? Are you not bothered by speedo's becoming so far out?
I think I have this the wrong way around - putting larger tyres will cause the speedo to show a lower value than your actual speed. So in my post above, my starting point is approx. 4% more on speedo than actual speed.

Reactions: .50
As aboveyour speedo is over reading and fitting bigger tyres will either make it read spot on, (about a 4% increase in rolling radius), or make it under read meaning you WILLne going faster than your speedo is telling you.

If you stick to a sensible increase you can check your actual speed using a GPS device against what your speedo says and remember this when everyday driving and driving in speed sensitive zones

The only all terrain I can find at the moment that fits ours that is speed and weight rated is the Michelin Lattitude Cross.
Hi Loz what is the load rating on those, I’m chasing a load rating of H104 for my campervan, seems all terrain are like hens teeth for this load. Thanks

Last edited:
I finally found a combination that works well. Stuck with 16 inch wheels, King Grapplers and went up a size to 215/70/16 with Bridgestone Dueller 697 A/T load rated at 108/106S. Only a 4% increase in diameter over the stock 205/65/16 and has brought the speedo within 2km p/hr (reads 100km, actual 98km). No rubbing on wheel arches anywhere.
tempImageEtA2lp.jpg

Put these on mine a few days ago. 235 65 17 yokohama GO15. The wheels are satin black Devonpor's. So far going well. A little softer ride than with the original standard tyres. Speedo is just about correct. 16889033877561390576895573993434.jpg

Not long picked up this pearl black Caravelle which was on 20" wheels but I had the option of taking it with the std 17" Cascavel wheels, which was a no brainer. It's had 30mm lower springs fitted a couple of years ago, it's definitely sitting lower than a normal Caravelle. I'm starting to look at wheel options as potholes and the general road quality where I live is atrocious.

Thinking about a set of Fuel Cycle wheels in Matt grey (don't really want the all blacked out look) with 225/65 R17 BF Goodrich KO2's. Shouldn't need any speedo adjustment (currently 70mph reads as 67mph on GPS).

PXL_20230718_104523712.jpgPXL_20230718_104542953.jpgcycleanthn_1080x.jpg

Last edited:
Back