Just fitted a set of black rhino 17" alloys and 245 65 17 bf Goodrich all terrain tyres. Very happy with the ride and looks but considering a suspension lift now:rolleyes:. Only downside is a bit of extra road noise but not enough to make me consider going back to 19"/20's20220324_171035.jpg20220324_171022.jpg

Lovely van but yes I would lift it. I think it would just add to its beefiness. It’s the look I’m wanting to go for when I’ve got the funds.

Reactions: JOG
Lovely van but yes I would lift it. I think it would just add to its beefiness. It’s the look I’m wanting to go for when I’ve got the funds.
It's the 4th set of wheels I have had on this van in 2 months but I think these will be staying. 2 of my other sets are for sale on this forum and a 3rd set will be up for sale soon

Hi all fairly new to the VW crowd coming from a pickup. Mines a LWB 4MO working van for wind and solar farm work so does plenty of motorway miles between sites but needs to be able to earn its keep on and off tracks around the sites.

Just picked these up, Cooper AT3 on a recently power coated set of standard used devonports. They are 245 65 17 tyres and they look enormous off the van. The tyre guy spooked me a but saying they're going to be very tight and I should have gone for 235s so slightly nervous

Screenshot_20220401-190944_Gallery.jpg

View attachment 151198
I just fitted BFGs on my T32, oem 16” steels sprayed black. Noisier and use a touch more fuel but my work takes me off road a fair amount.
Lovely wheel, those pepper pots! My favourite steel wheel. Great to see them in black. Someone has a set of 16” for sale and I was a little tempted! But, I’m going big brakes so they won’t work

Looking good, I think them Devonports suit the chunky tyres, especially when painted like yours.

I've just pumped my 16" BFGs to 42 PSI all round and it has improved MPG by about 20 or so percent, still to work out properly at the end of the tank but I'm very chuffed.

I've gone for the Devonports renovated in Satin black powder coat with satin black plain centres and no brand black stud covers.
Tyres are 235/65/17 108 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I will post pictures when i get the time to work out how to do it :rolleyes:

My question is would tracking at a tyre fitters be OK with standard T6 tracking numbers as they are a fair bit higher maybe 30mm
I measured the circumference of my old tyres (brand new) at 213cm and these A/Ts are 234cm circumference around the tyre face.

Luckily my speedo is only a fraction out at 29 on the speedo and a real 30mph.

Help with the tracking numbers would be helpful.

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

Last edited:
235 65 r17 yokohama geolandar go15 in my Devonports, super comfy and quiet too
Great thread y'all - so much info :) thank you

I'm getting ^^ above tyres fitted on my devonports next week :)

Quick question... I'm also booked in to see Steve at CRS in July, are any of your vans lowered with the above set up? If so just wondering, how much lower have you gone?

Quick question... I'm also booked in to see Steve at CRS in July, are any of your vans lowered with the above set up? If so just wondering, how much lower have you gone?
I personally like the ground clearance and look without lowering, Maybe upgraded standard height springs and dampers when O/E needs changing.

Sorry another question, looking at getting the Devonports re-coated, have a quote of £396 - anyone else had re-spray/re-coat recently - just wondered what the going rate was?

Back