hi all, does anyone have all terrain tyres on their van? I love the look but am interested in how loud they are compared to smoother tyres and if there are any other draw backs people have encountered, thanks
hi mate just doing my van BF Goodrich All Terrain bit moor money but genral grabber at3 are ok had them before think my self bf goodrich look much better and a better tyres

Hi guys
I’m thinking of getting 225 60 17 Avon ax7 on vw Devonports has anyone got this set up or running these tyres?

@Brother Moses. Is that on a 4WD? Also how are they on mud and what size are they please? I ask as I've heard such good things about those tyres that I was actually considering them when I come to replace my current 'normal' OEM tyres. At the moment, my choice will be between the Wildpeaks or an all season tyre - probably Agilis Cross Climate as I already have the SUV version on my Audi Q5 and think they are very good indeed. My van is 2WD with 17" wheels.

I've got 235 65r17 yokohama geolanders g015's on mine and they are great. Not noisy at all and grip superbly. Supposed to last 50k miles too

@Brother Moses. Is that on a 4WD? Also how are they on mud and what size are they please? I ask as I've heard such good things about those tyres that I was actually considering them when I come to replace my current 'normal' OEM tyres. At the moment, my choice will be between the Wildpeaks or an all season tyre - probably Agilis Cross Climate as I already have the SUV version on my Audi Q5 and think they are very good indeed. My van is 2WD with 17" wheels.

Just 2WD mate on 255/55/18.

Got 18" general grabbers on mine and they are really quiet. Also have a set of banded 19s with dunlop winter snow tyres that I had on my t5 and they have been brill too even though they are about half worn now. Although I am toying with the idea of selling one of the sets and getting some 20s and lowering the suspension slightly and keeping the others for winter

IMG-20220120-WA0031.jpg126252506_10222464564099485_1025545107180270366_n.jpg

I am running BF Goodrich KO2 (245/65r17) tyres and they seem OK so far. I get more noise from the snorkel intake near my head, than the tyres.

A02615F7-5646-4939-83B2-0A6A67503625.jpeg
44C8EDE5-DF1A-4890-B720-4224DEF130A5.jpeg

I have Falken WILDPEAK A/T tires fitted and I think they're superb.

Been up around Glencoe and Glenshee in the snow and the van never budged.

View attachment 142360

I have Falken WILDPEAK A/T tires fitted and I think they're superb.

Been up around Glencoe and Glenshee in the snow and the van never budged.

View attachment 142360

I’m a fan of Falken. Had winter sets on my Golf. What size are they? Amarok steels?

235 65 17 Falken Wildpeak on OE Davenport T6 T32 alloys and 20mm spacers: no rubs, 24mm raise, speedo about 2% under compared with GPS
1 1/2 years on no problems and super comfortable, excellent getting out of muddy pitches this winter. BFG don't to this size.

235 65 r17 yokohama geolandar go15 in my Devonports, super comfy and quiet too

Reactions: JOG
Mine is 40mm lowered on 17" Navis MAC-AT wheels, Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3WA 235/65/17 tyres, massive difference, sure footed, more direct and drives like a car, still smile when I go round a bend, best thing I've ever done
1f44d.png
THQ Pics on Social Media (9).jpgTHQ Pics on Social Media (8).jpg

Fuel Zephyr – 17″ Matt Black Finish 8.5J 5×120, running Pirelli SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS 235/65R17. Supplied and fitted by Transporter HQ.

Some more photos:

View attachment 109602

View attachment 109603

View attachment 109604

And a shot showing the difference between the standard rims/tyres on the left and the new on the right

View attachment 109605

Comment to add, there is ZERO rubbing. None at all. Not sure the 245s would clear on full lock, but these 235s on standard T6.1 suspension clear the arches completely. Checked the speedo against GPS readings and it has corrected the factory discrepancy and now reads bang on the GPS reading at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 an 70.
Hi, I just ordered my new T6.1 Transporter. I am looking at some options to make it more rugged. I don't want to mess with suspension mods so this looks promissing! Really loving the looks of your van! Great work. I think this wil be the way to go for me!

Yes it is. I was going to build one but when I added up a low mileage T6 4Motion, A camper conversion + Offroad spec, it was cheaper to buy secondhand.
Same here, was looking to get a T6 4 motion to replace my ageing t5 and at the budget I had was looking at a couple of 100k miles 2016 highlines panel vans. Then I stumbled across the one I have now, 67plate DSG 204 highline 4 motion with leather and factory LED lights, Reimo pop top and camper conversion for a couple of grand more- seemed like a no brainer:thumbsup:, certainly couldn't have converted either of the others I was looking at for the same price

Back