Ha, funny you should mention that...

I'll probably add an arch kit but not sure about side bars.

First impressions of the BFGs... noise around town was a bit more than I was expecting but noise on the motorway was a lot better than I was expecting. Went for the 225/65 R17, which allows a fair bit of the outer edge of the alloy, so I best be careful. Haven't checked the pressure set by the fitters, but it felt high.

First impressions of the BFGs... noise around town was a bit more than I was expecting but noise on the motorway was a lot better than I was expecting. Went for the 225/65 R17, which allows a fair bit of the outer edge of the alloy, so I best be careful. Haven't checked the pressure set by the fitters, but it felt high.
Fitters asked me what pressure to set. Went for the average on the sticker in the door as could not find the info anywhere else.

Check the pressure, it's unlikely to be right. Your tyres might be less noisy with the right pressure in too and they'll certainly last longer. First job I do when I've had new tyres fitted!

I'm still debating what to go for, need to decide soon as front tyres are nearly worn out.

What tyre size are people going for on 18s? Tempted by this style of Amarok alloy, not sure on the width https://www.t6forum.com/threads/amarok-18”-wheels.26489/ I'm thinking of General Grabber AT3s or Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus as I'm weighted towards road driving more than off road.
I’ve got 235 55 18 Avon AX7 on 18” Amarok alloys, only done a few miles due to lockdown but liking them so far

Check the pressure, it's unlikely to be right. Your tyres might be less noisy with the right pressure in too and they'll certainly last longer. First job I do when I've had new tyres fitted!
Hi Dave, I have 225/65/17s on 17" steel rims (8" wide) .. cannot find any reference for the 'correct' tyre pressure .. a trip to a decent tyre place is planned as my fitters (via blackcircle) were just that.

Hi Dave, I have 225/65/17s on 17" steel rims (8" wide) .. cannot find any reference for the 'correct' tyre pressure .. a trip to a decent tyre place is planned as my fitters (via blackcircle) were just that.
As far as I know the T6 didn't come as standard with that tyre size but you can have an educated guess at an appropriate tyre pressure by considering the pressures they recommend for similar sizes on the sticker;

20210427_131258.jpg

The right tyre pressure largely depends on the volume of air in the tyre and the weight of the vehicle, you'll notice that the smallest tyres at the top of the table have the highest recommended tyre pressures, there is a smaller volume of air to support the weight so higher inflation pressures are required.
Your tyres (225/65/17) are probably nearest in volume to 235/55/17 so I'd start with that as a base figure and see how the van rides, of course factoring in what weight you carry.
Have a read of these threads, which relate to pressures in your tyre size:

As far as I know the T6 didn't come as standard with that tyre size but you can have an educated guess at an appropriate tyre pressure by considering the pressures they recommend for similar sizes on the sticker;

View attachment 117290

The right tyre pressure largely depends on the volume of air in the tyre and the weight of the vehicle, you'll notice that the smallest tyres at the top of the table have the highest recommended tyre pressures, there is a smaller volume of air to support the weight so higher inflation pressures are required.
Your tyres (225/65/17) are probably nearest in volume to 235/55/17 so I'd start with that as a base figure and see how the van rides, of course factoring in what weight you carry.
Have a read of these threads, which relate to pressures in your tyre size:
email from Avon on the subject...

"Thank you for contacting Avon Tyres with your enquiry below. We do not supply tyres as OE on your vehicle and have not tested it specifically so we do not hold any corresponding pressure data. Always follow the air pressure recommendation of the vehicle manufacturer (as listed on the placard on the door of your vehicle). Proper air pressure is based on the weight of your vehicle and not the brand or type of tyre you have. Even if you’ve changed tyre sizes or rim diameters you would still utilize the door placard recommended pressure settings. Also, never exceed the max air pressure as listed on the sidewall of the tyre. If you have questions regarding this or need more information please contact your vehicle manufacturer. We would also advise to seek confirmation that fitment of this tyre size to your vehicle is an acceptable recommended alternative by the vehicle manufacturer; otherwise in the event of any future issues, it may be deemed as a modification and could render any future claims either with your insurance company or manufacturer, invalid."

Was planning on informing the insurers anyway along with the other mods made..

email from Avon on the subject...

"Thank you for contacting Avon Tyres with your enquiry below. We do not supply tyres as OE on your vehicle and have not tested it specifically so we do not hold any corresponding pressure data. Always follow the air pressure recommendation of the vehicle manufacturer (as listed on the placard on the door of your vehicle). Proper air pressure is based on the weight of your vehicle and not the brand or type of tyre you have. Even if you’ve changed tyre sizes or rim diameters you would still utilize the door placard recommended pressure settings. Also, never exceed the max air pressure as listed on the sidewall of the tyre. If you have questions regarding this or need more information please contact your vehicle manufacturer. We would also advise to seek confirmation that fitment of this tyre size to your vehicle is an acceptable recommended alternative by the vehicle manufacturer; otherwise in the event of any future issues, it may be deemed as a modification and could render any future claims either with your insurance company or manufacturer, invalid."

Was planning on informing the insurers anyway along with the other mods made..
Many people on this forum are running tyres that are not an OE size, we look at all the factors, such as vehicle load, the terrain, and other people's experience, then decide on a tyre pressure, which we review as we see how the tyre performs and also how it wears.
A tyre company sells tyres, each tyre could potentially end up on any vehicle, they won't get involved in suggesting what tyre pressure you should use on your vehicle.

Many people on this forum are running tyres that are not an OE size, we look at all the factors, such as vehicle load, the terrain, and other people's experience, then decide on a tyre pressure, which we review as we see how the tyre performs and also how it wears.
A tyre company sells tyres, each tyre could potentially end up on any vehicle, they won't get involved in suggesting what tyre pressure you should use on your vehicle.
Agree. Shame they do not really .. they might sell more product if they engaged in some way...

Agree. Shame they do not really .. they might sell more product if they engaged in some way...
The minute you stray away from the tyre sizes that VW recommend you have to accept that you've got to use your own judgement on pressures and tyre manufacturers can't be a substitute.
Don't overthink it, start at something like 44psi all round and see how you get on, you won't be far off at that, you'll be safe and you can adjust it up or down according to how it rides and wears.

Spotted TransporterHQ are using 235/55R18 104H General Grabber AT3s on this T32 in
If I went for these, that would put me at -3.62% on my speedo which seems fairly close.

Is 104 definitely good enough for a T32? 900KG per wheel. Not sure what the front/rear split in the weight is - full camper conversion in the rear of mine.

Pirelli don't seem to do a similar size for the Scorpion Plus All Terrain tyre. This tyre seems to be more road biased according to reports here but I don't want to go bigger really.
Update, I've bought a set of VW Manaus (Amarok) alloys and ordered General Grabber 235/55R18 104H tyres. Going to get these powder coated black most likely and the tyres fitted. Need to replace a missing centre cap too, tempted by the dynamic caps from VW.

Will my current wheel bolts (for Devonports) be suitable to use with the Manaus wheels does anyone know? I'll probably swap these for black bolts but want to check the size is correct.

Thanks

Update, I've bought a set of VW Manaus (Amarok) alloys and ordered General Grabber 235/55R18 104H tyres. Going to get these powder coated black most likely and the tyres fitted. Need to replace a missing centre cap too, tempted by the dynamic caps from VW.

Will my current wheel bolts (for Devonports) be suitable to use with the Manaus wheels does anyone know? I'll probably swap these for black bolts but want to check the size is correct.

Thanks
After some issues with the powder coating, finally collected, washed, sealed and fitted yesterday. Double checked pressures at a garage machine this morning, I've gone for 49 PSI front and 47 PSI rear but they still look pretty flat and the ride is quite soft compared to stock 215/60R17s. Standard wheel bolts reused. Quite happy with the Manaus alloys and glad I got them powder coated black.

PXL_20210612_090510189.jpg

PXL_20210612_090440468.jpg

After some issues with the powder coating, finally collected, washed, sealed and fitted yesterday. Double checked pressures at a garage machine this morning, I've gone for 49 PSI front and 47 PSI rear but they still look pretty flat and the ride is quite soft compared to stock 215/60R17s. Standard wheel bolts reused. Quite happy with the Manaus alloys and glad I got them powder coated black.

View attachment 119387

View attachment 119388
Tyres still look a bit flat to me and the ride is quite soft. Do my tyre pressures sound correct at 49 (front) and 47 (rear) PSI considering full camper conversion?

Nokian Rotiiva AT 215/65R16 102T XL on stock steel rims. Had this set of my previous car so i decided to try them on the van. Went straight from nordic winter tires to these, so I can't compare to regular summer tires. First impressions are good, they handle well on tarmac and gravel, and are more comfortable than the 107 rated 205/65R16C tyres. Looks a little rougher than standard tires, but most people will probably not notice. I'll keep an eye out for some 17" alloys so i can go up in size a little when these are worn out.

IMG_20210623_111152.jpg

IMG_20210623_111240.jpg

Tyres still look a bit flat to me and the ride is quite soft. Do my tyre pressures sound correct at 49 (front) and 47 (rear) PSI considering full camper conversion?
I've double and triple checked the pressures as set by the garage machine, seemed to be 3-4PSI under all round. Now up to correct pressures and they look more inflated, ride better and MPG is back up to near normal levels for the old tyres.

View attachment 119387

View attachment 119388
Is this standard height or lowered?

Back