This is something I've been pondering but it's beyond my auto electric ability I think. The worry with a secret button is that they are wise to it and would find it easily
Yep, and you probably need to connect it through an an aftermarket cat 1 immmobiliser system. The other option is a hidden transponder receiver; but you then end up with a transponder on your key ring, which gives the game away a little. You can hide the transponder receiver under the dash, behind a trim panel etc. But it can become a pain. I have done this with our motorhome.
I love landrover/Jaguars system, of the the rubber band around your wrist; but that will not help if somebody brakes into your house, and gets your keys.

If you fit an alarm to protect the contents, get a sickeningly loud internal siren, my mate had one fitted and you cannot stay in there if it goes off.
2014_product.jpg
we have these in our workshop, you literally feel ill if it goes off when you are in there. Not sure I want one in the van:confused:

I'd agree on the Clifford. Had several in the past and never let me down. Non of that alarm going off cause the wind got over 5mph.

Spot of advice though... don't hide your keys. The last thing you want is a couple of thugs roaming round your house when your tucked up. Vans not worth your personal safety. (Sorry, just my opinion) :)

I have one of these beasts, physical security slows them down & dissuades! the lock is superb high security, and the metal is THICK! They are worth the money, "shire fabrications" via flea Bay. They cover all the pedals, and lock around the brake pedal from behind Filling the pedal box area with a bright yellow lump of steel... Superb!

image.jpeg

Going to mod my pedal lock a bit to suite my paranoia/ocd, but it works well deterring as what's the point of using the obd key tools when they can't move the bugger afterwards, I've seen this "Bear lock" for the DSG which looks good, especially if used with the "safe T pedal" lock! Defo a lift job to remove vehicle then!:thumbsup: But in any case, to make sure of another level of security... DON'T keep the keys to them on the same key ring as the car keys, and DON'T put them in the same place! Same advice if you have a seat safe fitted btw!:thumbsup:

image.jpeg

you can just wire in a hidden switch for the ODB power feed and that will stop a dongle working.

I have also been looking at the circuit diagram for the dsg lever module to disable the solenoid so you cant get it out of park.

you can just wire in a hidden switch for the ODB power feed and that will stop a dongle working.

I have also been looking at the circuit diagram for the dsg lever module to disable the solenoid so you cant get it out of park.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Just heard today that a friend has had his T5 Cali nicked!!
Factory fitted security etc and a steering wheel lock.

What do other people use to deter thieving scumbags?

On the advice of an earlier thread I purchased and dotted my van with "smartwater"
I have a basic wheel lock but that would last 2 seconds.
The CAMH mag suggested a genesis wheel lock but it wouldn't go through the spokes properly.
Any recommendations?
:confused:

Have a look at Autowatch Ghost plus a decent tracker - it's all about different layers of security to make it less attractive and maximise your chances of getting back.

Pedal Box is another 'make em spend time' deterrent, Campers are attractive to these mongrels, spending a few quid on protection, I have a tracker, DIsklok and a clamp, if they want it they'll have to bring a low loader, I'll see them on the CCTV.

Back