Davenjo

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have a Land Rover Defender which, with the massive rise in thefts of both whole vehicles or parts since these went out of production earlier this year, I have become a bit paranoid about keeping it and in one piece. These vehicles are notoriously easy to defeat the factory fitted security which doesn't help. To protect it I have applied a few layers of extra security which should help but, ultimately, if someone really wants it they'll get it - the problem being for me that, even if the insurance paid out in full, I'd struggle to get my hands on a decent replacement.

What is the level of thefts of/from T6s like and how solid is the factory fit Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser? When I'm not in it, the T6 will usually be parked on my drive just below my bedroom window. Do people feel the need to add extra security or is the VW alarm/immobiliser sufficient?

I've already made arrangements for one extra layer of security to be added which will help with the key cloning issue but wonder how far I need to go and/or whether I need to transfer my level of paranoia from the Defender to my new T6 (hope not!!).

Thanks,

Dave.

Agree with @Polzeylad the security is pretty good on the T6 other than a few having their spare wheels pinched - that's why mine is secured in the back of the van now!
(got mine off the vehicle in 50 seconds flat so just not worth the risk of it being stolen)

I purchased a spare wheel locking bolt works exactly the same as any other locking wheel bolt but has a slip sleeve around the head but i think it could be crushed and forced off so cheaper than a spare safe but not as secure

I purchased this..... So far so good.....
Looks good but a tad expensive for what it is? That said, I would guess having one fitted could make people think what other after market security you have fitted and move onto an easier target?

I've found it on Ebay for £55 + £3 delivery - is that the best I'm going to get it for?

@Pedro I've just noticed the name and phone number on your Sparesafe "A L Tyres LTD" - they are a local company to me (in fact one of there cars is regularly in our close) so I will start with them. Thanks

I must admit. It is quite a good bit of kit, feels very sturdy and at the very least a visible deterrent.
@Dave Harris try
A-L-Tyres-Hinckley-Ltd 01455 610854 £45 delivered , just explain you saw it on the forum from another member who purchased one.

Not quite the same @Loz , the one I have protects the top of the bracket from being pushed down too :thumbsup:

Doesnt include locking wheel nut though so that will be extra, a good addition for me though as i already have the bolt so will add a bit of extra protection, nice find thanks

I must admit. It is quite a good bit of kit, feels very sturdy and at the very least a visible deterrent.
@Dave Harris try
A-L-Tyres-Hinckley-Ltd 01455 610854 £45 delivered , just explain you saw it on the forum from another member who purchased one.
I've just been and picked one up from them. Thanks again.

71978mt628L._SL1000_.jpg I Purchased a tracker from amazon. My van when at home is parked in a similar situation to yours just under the bedroom window its only 20 quid and works brilliantly It costs about 10 pounds for six months via gif gaf gsm sim depending on how often you use it and how you set it up IE you can ring fence it and it will text you when it has moved out of the ringfence all sorts of configurations are available in it its up to you how you want to set it up But Its well worth 20 quid This is the Link https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003XDN58K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back