AdBlue Discussion and Issues

What I'm concerned with is if, for example, the T7 doesn't require Adblue, what would that do to the residuals of the T6?

Bosch have said that they have come up with a much cleaner burn but didn't say they done it without adblue.

Without wanting to start another thread, can someone clarify something for me - is Adblue a feature we'll see on every diesel vehicle for the foreseeable future or is it a temporary solution (there's a pun in there somewhere) so that manufacturers can continue using their existing range of engines?

There was some articles floating about a few months back, describing how Bosch has achieved significant reductions in NOx levels in diesels. My understanding of it, was they effectively took existing technology and condensed it so that the higher exhaust temperatures where maintained in the various emission reduction components. Not sure if that included an Adblue system in there solution.

I spoke with a VW tech a couple of days ago. He claimed the main issue they have with it, us folk sticking it in the wrong orifice. Especially on Caddys as apparently the Adblue filler is under the bonnet. He was also sceptical about different brands of Adblue. I've only ever used Shell out a pump or a 10 litre drum of Quantum from TPS (VW stuff). I wasn't sure on his claim. Surely it's manufactured to comply with known standard. But the last container I bought obviously had Adblue spilt on it. You could see how it crystalises. So easy to comprehend how an optical sensor would succumb.

Van back in the dealers again this morning for the same issue. It was actually booked in for 08:00 yesterday but the courtesy van didn't arrive until today which again is poor service. I have very little faith in the issue getting resolved as I'm being told that VW are still working on a fix. How long has the T6 been in production...?

I doubt if VW will be able to crack their emissions problem. Way back they had the opportunity to licence Bluetec technology from Mercedes, but they decided to go it alone to keep profits high. They had to cheat the emissions test as a result. And they have struggled ever since. They spent a fortune developing the current range of diesel engines and will not be throwing good money after bad. Just look at the raft of issues that VW are having with Egr valves, frequent regens and adblue issues.

If you look at the engines that will be available in the Mk8 Golf, due this year and 2020 depending on the model, the diesel engines appear to be mildly tweaked versions of the current ones, Adblue and all, so I can't see VW developing a different diesel engine in time for the T7 in 2 or 3 years time. Not everyone uses Adblue though, my 67 reg Volvo V90 is Eu6 and doesn't.

so Volvo took Audi,s old 5 pot tdi as they could not clean it up enough..
Volvo did clean it up and used it for years and now leapt ahead with a No Adblue system on their diesels?
i love the vag brand and we do have 8 in the family Audi,skoda,vw's
i really dont want to change either so im hoping they do something in the years to come..

I have no love for VAG cars, had a couple and can't imagine ever wanting to own another (apart from maybe a Kharman Ghia). The Transporter is the only VW that interests me and this is almost certainly my last one of those. Think Volvo have committed to phasing out diesel though so can't see them developing this engine any further.

oh dear andys sorry you feel like that is it just the adblue stuff?
I've got a Caravelle T5.1 140bhp dsg best thing they ever made..

oh dear andys sorry you feel like that is it just the adblue stuff?
I've got a Caravelle T5.1 140bhp dsg best thing they ever made..
Not really, just find VW cars a bit dull and sterile. Still really like the Transporter and had intended to keep this one long term but it's starting to not fit my lifestyle (or the one I intend to have in a couple of years when I take early retirement) and it's likely that I'll chop it in this year for something bigger. I really wanted to like the Grand California but it's just too flawed and ugly

I for one have thrown in the towel with VAG. Why would I want to hand over my money to a company that deliberately cheated and lied at board level in order to protect profits. They put their profits ahead of the health of human beings (and monkeys). What a vile, shitty company they truly are.
The vehicles themselves have dropped in quality whilst the likes of PSA and Ford have improved. Throw in the truly crap aftersales, high prices and steep depreciation for a toxic brand that trades on past reputation. I have a Transporter, A8 and a TT. Not going to upgrade any of them because the replacement models are nowhere near as well built.

wow! HO
well i must say i agree totally and i have an A8 too a Caravelle and mrs drives a Skoda (bless)
im so not going to give them anymore of my money either..
i went bk to a T5.1 after a brand new T6 whats that tell you

It tells me that VAG need to sit up and take notice. Loyalty is a two-way street and VAG seem to have forgotten this. They spend a fortune on advertising and buttering-up the motoring press with jolly junkets and free long term demo vehicles. Who in their right mind would dosh up 35k of their own money to buy an Arteon? Which is what What Car advised. The UK motoring press is so far into the pockets of the Germans that they can no longer see sense. This money would be better spent on aftersales because there is no better advert than a happy customer. And nothing worse than a disgruntled customer (like me) telling the world that they are just a dishonest outfit with an eye on your wallet. Look at Lexus - cars that are average dynamically but with a legendary aftersales that cossets and values the customer. A massively loyal customer base that would not buy anything else.
I went to buy a T6. I thought I was in a Startline until the salesman told me it was a 30k plus Highline. Salesman had a take it or leave it attitude and made out he would be doing me a favour if he let me buy one. Saw the sales manager strutting about serving no purpose whatsoever and decided that I was done with VW. For now, anyway.

I tend to agree about the price vs quality and spec. However, three of my clients (mother as well) owbed Lexus hybrids (all four years old) so out of warranty and the hybrid system went puffff...... 10k to fix and not covered by Warranty, and no help from Lexus at all.

In fact Lexus birmingham told one to sell it to we buy it now .com........after she left it outside their showroom for weeks!

You pay your money and take your choice, I am no real fan of VW but I don't think they are any worse than any others. Cars are just too complex today, dealers want you to change every three years, and you can't fix them yourself...

Hybrid t7 anyone,...........

Got the phone call last night that the van is ready to be picked up. Apparently the adblue injector has been changed. We shall see......

No more issues since adblue injector has been changed BUT, don't know if any additional modifications have been made as my fuel consumption seems to have taken a hit- I would comfortably get high 40's avg on my work commute (50 miles mostly A roads/motorway) and I'm now just scraping 40mpg avg.
Will see how it goes

has anyone noticed the range is vastly optimistic on the Adblue

I filled mine until it was coming out the over flow it says 6000 miles

I then drive to Sweden in one hit, the real mileage between full ups was 2800

Is it worth bleating at the dealer

I use quantum Adblue not that the Adblue has octane rating

Back