AdBlue Discussion and Issues

I’d not recently filled mine either ,
i’ve put around two & half litres in ,
doing a 30 mile ew run in the morning see if it disappears

I’d not recently filled mine either ,
i’ve put around two & half litres in ,
doing a 30 mile ew run in the morning see if it disappears
You must put a minimum of 4.5 litres I think. You shouldn’t keep topping up, but wait till it will take abot 7-10 litres.

Whens the right time to top up?.1st time using adblue.
When it gets below 1500miles is the recommendation, but I think if you go below 600miles it won't start. The MFD will tell you how much to put in and be very careful not to overfill it.

So, visited dealer Friday 11th and had new NoX sensor fitted. Ad blue range was showing 6500 miles, so assuming it was brimmed. Today on run into work dropped to 650 miles again and shortly after engine management light came back on again. Looks like visit number 3 is on the cards.

Sounds similar to my last failure. I scanned my van the other week with VCDS and to my surprise there are 2 more fault codes recorded both relating to the Nox sensor and adblue system! It hasn’t flagged the engine management light yet but I’m sure it will in time.
I will get it booked into VW when I get a chance.

It really is a joke.

I was considering buying a new crafter to covert into my next big camper van. However, I don’t trust the euro 6 engine at all. So for the first time in over 20years of driving I have bought a Peugeot. I’ve had VW’s all my life but have had enough of my current engine failing so regularly.

Sounds similar to my last failure. I scanned my van the other week with VCDS and to my surprise there are 2 more fault codes recorded both relating to the Nox sensor and adblue system! It hasn’t flagged the engine management light yet but I’m sure it will in time.

It really is a joke.

I was considering buying a new crafter to covert into my next big camper van. However, I don’t trust the euro 6 engine at all. So for the first time in over 20years of driving I have bought a Peugeot. I’ve had VW’s all my life but have had enough of my current engine failing so regularly.
It's hard to be confident about the long tern reliability of the Euro 6 system. Getting things repaired (eventually) under warranty is one thing, having to pay when out of warranty is another.

It really is a joke.

Sorry to hear about the challenges. Could you post the results of your scan please. Preferably full engine section with freeze frame data. Is your van classified as M1 (passenger carrier) or N1?

Had a similar issue recently. Got an engine warning light, went to the dealers and they said they did a software update to make the sensor less sensitive.
then a few days later when adblue range was about 2500 got a low level warning(650 miles left). Thought it was a bit odd but topped it up anyway. Then got another engine warning light.

coincidentally I had the van booked in for a full service so I asked them to check it out, turns out the sensor was furred up (crystals from the urea?) so they cleaned it, no replacement.

The garage got back yesterday the adblue injector failed. So it getting replaced today . The guys at VW did said they not had many failures when I asked .

I have had this issue twice and both times I've been told by the dealer that they cannot cure it and neither could VW when they asked their tech dept for help. The first time the mechanic at the dealer stumbled across a cure to reset the warning light and the second time they said it reset itself but the vehicle showed no stored fault codes. When I asked they told me that VW had experienced quite a lot of similar problems and were working on a cure. In the meantime I was told there is a software update they can perform but as my van showed no fault code they said they couldn't do it.
My Transit M-Sport ownership was spoiled by the dealer network's lack of interest but I have to say it was better than the impression I've had so far with Brian Currie in Milton Keynes and Volkswagen.
I also have rattling tailgate and doors which the same dealer wouldn't look at because they blamed the Raceline suspension. The rear kombi seats also rattle and squeak terribly in the floor fittings and they blamed the Raceline leather retrim. They rang me to ask if they could cut the leather off to investigate further - bloody muppets

Ouch, well this my first experience with any dealer, the service department just called and have replaced the infector and a spertine belt as it was slipping in wet conditions from day 1 of having the van . Aftermarket belly pan helped. They done a health check and sent a video to me talking me through it. So I been quite impressed . The video consisted of underbody check and tyres and pads.

it seems pretty hit-and-miss on service. I had a video from VW when I bought the van with a basic check underneath for leaks and tyre tread depth, had the same video when I took it into another dealer for some dealer authorised repairs.

But I just took it into the same dealer (Breeze portsmouth) for a full service £350 inc vat and they didn't send me a video and never washed the van even though they said they would. They're friendly enough though very conservative about telling you anything. It would give me a bit more confidence if I could speak to a mechanic

Well I picked the van up Wednesday, new adblue injector and system recalibrated, good to go . Today is Friday driving on motorway, 'ping' 650 miles left before no start. Adblue again. Booked in again for Monday.

Well I picked the van up Wednesday, new adblue injector and system recalibrated, good to go . Today is Friday driving on motorway, 'ping' 650 miles left before no start. Adblue again. Booked in again for Monday.
I fail to see how this was an injector issue, either the sender or the software in the control module, seems they went for the easiest and cheapest option for them when they are guessing.

2 days after a full service and cleaned adblue sensor I've got the exhaust warning/fault light back. this is starting to get tedious.

I have to say this becoming a real concern and too consuming. Interest Loz about guessing I will have to ask them how they came to the conclusion of a faulty injector? I need to educate myself on these systems so not to become a victim of BS. Surely all you have is a DEF heater, pump, injector and sensors . I must do a VDCS and see if I can system ambient temps when faults occur as first time it cleared itself. Wondering if heater not so good or tank contaminated blocking the injector .

Feel sorry for all you guys having issues. Touch wood, I seem to have been able to top mine up for the first time today. Hope VW can come up with a solution.

Without wanting to start another thread, can someone clarify something for me - is Adblue a feature we'll see on every diesel vehicle for the foreseeable future or is it a temporary solution (there's a pun in there somewhere) so that manufacturers can continue using their existing range of engines?

Feel sorry for all you guys having issues. Touch wood, I seem to have been able to top mine up for the first time today. Hope VW can come up with a solution.

Without wanting to start another thread, can someone clarify something for me - is Adblue a feature we'll see on every diesel vehicle for the foreseeable future or is it a temporary solution (there's a pun in there somewhere) so that manufacturers can continue using their existing range of engines?
That's a really good question, I'd be interested to know the answer to that too.

Back