Looks pretty similar to what I can get in my 102 taking it easy. How do you find those figures compared to what the van says? I'm assuming that the figures can all read a bit differently and that's how some people can get in the 50s when in reality it probably 40s. Mine seems to be around 5mpg off real world figures!

I'm not sure if VW use flow metering for mpg, or just counting injector squirts.
Modern flow sensors are very accurate so if thats what they use I'd be surprised to find the display that far out.
Not in this hot summer but in winter I expect Eberspachers might account for some differences.
Either way, regardless of accuracy, its an aid to driving economically
afro.gif

Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Have either of you actually checked your mpg properly or are you just assuming what the screen tells you is true?
I'm just going off the dash display mate. Haven't owned it long enough to do a propeŕ test. Got nearly 700 miles out of my first full tank though so I'm happy with that!

My 150lwb recently achieved 44 mpg, rare but relaxed drive 20 miles including through Bath centre. Realistically 36-40.
Drove a new Aston Martin Vantage yesterday, doubt mpg was very much What a car, wow. £995 pcm, c£30000 depositand about £80000 final payment

My 150lwb recently achieved 44 mpg, rare but relaxed drive 20 miles including through Bath centre. Realistically 36-40.
Drove a new Aston Martin Vantage yesterday, doubt mpg was very much What a car, wow. £995 pcm, c£30000 depositand about £80000 final payment
How many did you order ?

2017 caravelle exec 204
factory 17 inch wheels (not sure if that matters !?)
500 mile round trip to and around Wales (so lots of hills and slow roads)
Caravelles are relatively heavy anyway, plus fully loaded family of 4 with large dog and a ton of gear for hols etc
I wasn't light on the throttle either ...

averaged 38mpg

not too bad at all

Looking to purchase 204 tsi petrol kombi on 20 inch alloys ,is fuel consumption really that bad , I average 24 mpg from a 4.0 v8 bmw ?

Real world mpg recorded over past few months. Tank filled until pump cuts out then squeeze in to nearest half litre usually. MFD claims I get 40mpg. More VW fraud. Variety of driving from town to 400 mile trips. 70mph on motorways (GPS speed). Driven with plenty anticipation and mechanical sympathy. Stop/start active. Using cruise unless coasting function is available. Premium fuel brought no increase in MPG.
Average is 34.59mpg over just under 9000miles

Screenshot_20180818-221742_MPG Calculator.jpg

Last edited:
Filled the van up untill the pump clicked, reset the trip then drove for just over 500 miles. A combination of motorways, A and B roads, town driving and average speed sections driving carefully at the speed limit.
I filled up, again untill the pump clicked, then worked out how many miles i covered per litre and converted to gallons....approx 39 mpg.
The computer gave a reading of 39.8mpg so very pleased with how accurate it is.

Interestingly the mpg seemed to increase noticeable after an odo reading of 2,000 miles, obviously the engine loosening up.

2018 T30 150 dsg std wheels suspension etc

Our shuttle 5spd Manual shows us getting 39-40mpg and thats literally up and down mountains as we live in the Northwest Scottish Highlands. On a run never seems to go above 42 though which I find strange given local driving its up and down the gears yet on the motorway cruising at 60 ish

My new personal record. And yes I am driving, sorry, wanted to catch it above 50 but it stayed like that anyway. Turned large speedo off as I'm in Europe but really missing it, wish there was a way of having a large km/h speedoCDA9C61F-01C6-4C0F-BB14-1759A9C2574B.jpeg

must try harder...WP_20180828_19_13_53_Pro.jpg WP_20180828_19_14_01_Pro.jpg
assuming the real world mileage is close ( otherwise vw will be getting sued again for false claims) then this seems ok from a 2015 euro5 140. This was done over the past 1800 miles.

must try harder...View attachment 28076 View attachment 28077
assuming the real world mileage is close ( otherwise vw will be getting sued again for false claims) then this seems ok from a 2015 euro5 140. This was done over the past 1800 miles.
Excellent work, though I wasn't trying at all and that included some alpine roads :D
Mine isn't totally accurate, it was a fairly consistent 1.7mpg high over the first few thousand miles I checked, so I just deduct that to get my real figures

I need to take the weights out of my right shoe. Seriously good milage there chaps.

Back