Just filled up after 220 miles on the clock. 150LWB Van.DSG. 29.2mpg. Mostly town driving. 'Bout what I expected.

I've got a 150bhp Kombi with about 5 k on the clock ..... the onboard computer is optimistic to say the least ...... I get around 32 mpg on mostly local short runs

Not been on any long trips as yet ..... up to the Lakes in July should be an eye opener.

FWIW I have never had a vehicle that got anywhere near the claimed mpg

Time to stop the manufacturers stating economy numbers ..... let an independent body test them all ....

Had a long run up to Northumberland last week and back and managed 41.5 calculated from fill up and quite happy with that although have had less than 30. Tend to use non supermarket fuel mostly tho.

That's sticking to the speed limit and no captain lead foot
Fair enough. My van is for work, not leisure, so probably used in a slightly different way.
I have made a test drive at a steady 60, and managed around 40mpg, on the vans computer that is.
Normally, like last week, I was traveling to and from Dundee, which is around 450 miles each way.
At that distance, I generally travel at around 80, and the van is loaded. At that speed, I seem to average about 26mpg.
I`ve had Lwb Sprinters & Lt35`s that see better mpg, at the same speeds
For me, thats poor.
That said, I do like the way it drives

Mine is a 180bhp manual with 30k on the clock. Went to the lakes last week with mainly motorway then dual carriageway and only achieved 32mpg staying at speed limits. I was a little bit gutted to be honest!

I’m used to 50+mpg from my previous cars. I know the T6 would not match that due to shape/size but expected close to 40mpg as I was driving like miss daisy.

today only 130 liters / hour at 50 knots .... but not with the Cali ..... hahaha
I'll make the gas station hahaha happy tomorrow ...

109 miles today on M & A roads, 36mpg, 150hp TSi.........sticking to speed limits.......it appears to be more economical at 70 than 60

150 dsg Swb running on 20's with 17000 on the clock and managed 24mpg towing a 1800kg caravan from cornwall at towing speed limits.
Did my personal best of 7 hrs from pentewan to scunthorpe so average of around 50mph
Some days you just have to suck it up that good mileage and a t6 dont go hand in hand. That said it is better than my previous toureg which on a cold day could be down as low as 7mpg.....

102bhp kombi swb, just been to Mugello for Moto GP, 70 on cruise most of the way & got 47.5

200ps with dsg- on long runs in relaxed driving mode I have had 43.2 but with mixed driving I manage around 38.0 at best and if lots of local driving then its gets down to 33/34 ish

Just been down to London for the weekend in the van. T32 204ps 4mot DSG. Set the ACC to 65mph & did 44mpg there & back, mostly on the M1 in medium traffic. 360miles.

Back