Lwb 4motion DSG 150hp diesel, and use of ‘webasto’ in winter, long time average is 32.5MPG, best run on highway is 40MPG.

48mpg is awesome. 2nd fill up now after 650 Miles. Averaging 33.6 mpg. Mixed but mostly urban. I’m happy.
But then I would be, as I drive a T6....

I've got a 150bhp Kombi with about 5 k on the clock ..... the onboard computer is optimistic to say the least ...... I get around 32 mpg on mostly local short runs

Not been on any long trips as yet ..... up to the Lakes in July should be an eye opener.

FWIW I have never had a vehicle that got anywhere near the claimed mpg

Time to stop the manufacturers stating economy numbers ..... let an independent body test them all ....

Up in the Lakes and have just filled up after just over 500 miles , about 370 were on motorways doing about 70, the rest cruising around the lakes

Mpg calculated from actual miles covered and diesel added ( as I never trust on board computers) works out at just over 37 mpg ....

Mines only an 84 and its early days, but assuming the display is close, it always returns around fifty - though I dont do short journeys.
My lad is heavy-footed, when he takes my car, he gets low 30's, but for me the same car on the same journey and at similar
speeds will give mid 4o's mpg. On any motorway journey you see drivers accelerating hard to the next car, braking, and repeating.
As a kid with very little petrol money my Dad taught me to drive on the vacuum guage - he'd remind me to lift whenever possible,
to keep the vacuum up - and the habit has stuck :)
Timing your arrival at lights etc was another of Dads lessons, he used to coast a lot too but thats frowned upon these days ;)
This is a typical fully-loaded weekend camping trip in the T6:

Cheers
Phil

50plusmpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to give the newer ones hope, my average has steadily crept up from low 30's when new to 40.2 with 50k on the clock. These engines do get better with age/miles.

This is a personal best for me (Euro 5 140 engine) but probably not anything to write home about judging by the post by @Phil_G

E9D5BA38-1FD1-4906-AB3C-4EA21E96D1E8.jpeg

It did take 76.40 litres to fill it back up, mind!

So do I

Run today of 330 miles ... computer shows 44.5, calculations show 42 mpg

So fairly accurate, but a tad optimistic

I do find the MFD a work of fiction, but the long term average ( no;2 setting ) is surprisingly accurate.

I've averaged 28 mpg over the first 4000 miles.

I don't think that's bad really 204 4motion dsg fully loaded work van. I've a heavy right foot and live in a rural Perthshire, so lots of B roads and hills to navigate.

On a long run avoiding the hills and sticking to 65mph on the motorway I can get over 36mpg. Where's the fun in that?

I’ve just got 400 miles out of a tank. Bristol and back at 70, 50 and a bit at 30 all in cruise control. I have been told there maybe a fault on it.
Can anyone offer any advice? It’s a 150 lwb dsg

Are there any companies near to Blackburn who can plug in and check? Or do I take back to dealer or maybe Pendle could have a look? I don’t lnow but it’s costing me a fortune and I’ll probably get rid of I can’t get it dealt with?

Back