Looking to purchase 204 tsi petrol kombi on 20 inch alloys ,is fuel consumption really that bad , I average 24 mpg from a 4.0 v8 bmw ?
It's WAY better than your BMW! On stock 17" we average around 31mpg according to the mfd. City driving is around 22mpg, motorways reach 36mpg, as does an A road 50mph pootle about... Our Kombi is usually lightly loaded btw, but I do have a heavy foot.
Our own calculations gave us 33mpg when the mfd read 36mpg, so bear that in mind...

It's WAY better than your BMW! On stock 17" we average around 31mpg according to the mfd. City driving is around 22mpg, motorways reach 36mpg, as does an A road 50mph pootle about... Our Kombi is usually lightly loaded btw, but I do have a heavy foot.
Our own calculations gave us 33mpg when the mfd read 36mpg, so bear that in mind...
That’s good to know thanks .Which model is yours ?

I have a 150bph manual Kombi. Over the last few refuels, I've noticed a big drop in range. I would normally get 560-580 miles from a tank, now I'm struggling to get 480???

Mine was serviced a few weeks back and I think the MPG has dropped significantly since - only on the 2nd tank since the service so will wait to see before deciding if to take it back - suspect that a software change has been applied and it’s doing more frequent regens, etc..

Mine was serviced a few weeks back and I think the MPG has dropped significantly since - only on the 2nd tank since the service so will wait to see before deciding if to take it back - suspect that a software change has been applied and it’s doing more frequent regens, etc..

Great! Mine goes in for a service next week. As if it's not poor enough on fuel :mad:

Agree, colder weather will hit MPG but it's not really been cold enough so far this autumn/winter to make that much difference? Either way, I've had mine since October 2016 so my early MPG figures where I was seeing mid 40s were in much colder conditions than we've had so far this winter. Last couple of tanks have (according to MFD) struggled to return 35 mpg so actual figure will probably be around 33 MPG - I will do a proper brim to brim test next time I fill up.

Likewise had ours serviced a few weeks ago and I am also sure mpg has dropped.

Agree, colder weather will hit MPG but it's not really been cold enough so far this autumn/winter to make that much difference? Either way, I've had mine since October 2016 so my early MPG figures where I was seeing mid 40s were in much colder conditions than we've had so far this winter. Last couple of tanks have (according to MFD) struggled to return 35 mpg so actual figure will probably be around 33 MPG - I will do a proper brim to brim test next time I fill up.
Have had mine since May 2017, didn't see any issues last winter.

Sensor or egr issues?
Have you scanned it?
Having it scanned at some point this week, maybe that will give me a clue?

Don't forget that you'll be running on the winter blend of diesel now and that normally knocks a little bit off your MPG. You can read about the difference in the EN590 standard if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Don't forget that you'll be running on the winter blend of diesel now and that normally knocks a little bit off your MPG. You can read about the difference in the EN590 standard if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Yeah thanks, though didn't see any difference last winter. Local dealer were next to useless, kept bringing the conversation back to how much the price of fuel is and how much fuel I'm putting in will effect the range... she clearly couldn't grasp the concept that I brim my tank every time I fill up!

Gave it a longer run over the weekend which improved mpg a tiny amount, but no where near it should've been for that kind of journey.

Are you using the on board computer to give your MPG or the old fashioned way of recording mileage and fuel used?

Back