Loaded ?
Mines a 204, 70-80 gives around 30, high 20`s
Around town is really poor, low 20`s
There crap on fuel

150 lwb normal mix of driving, 36-40, occasionally early 40s on a run.

Just got back from a bit of a road trip in europe, just a nats under 3k in total. 40.1mpg. Fully loaded, A/C trying its best in 40 degrees, cruise control,and charging every device known to man. Quite mixed road conditions, and up and over the high passes in the Alps twice, but I'm happy with the mpg. Diesel was expensive in Italy though. The penultimate run from Geneva up to Calais, 44mpg, and we were shifting to catch the ferry.

Another dissapointing effort in terms of mpg after over 1000 miles of Frence toll road driving at 65mph.

Averaged 33mpg.

Not even half loaded 150ps DSG.

I thought it perform better on a run.

Another dissapointing effort in terms of mpg after over 1000 miles of Frence toll road driving at 65mph.

Averaged 33mpg.

Not even half loaded 150ps DSG.

I thought it perform better on a run.

There's something very wrong there. If I'd had done 65mph all the way back up France I would have been in the high 40's.

I managed high thirties sat in cruise @ 81 mph on the French autoroute to Switzerland and back. 204 DSG SWB Kombi nice relaxing drive.

There's something very wrong there. If I'd had done 65mph all the way back up France I would have been in the high 40's.

I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary too be honest.

The 150 dsg seems to be around the 30mpg mark according to the input of most other drivers, so 33mpg on a run seems about right. ( still crap though ).

@.50 crikey! I'm glad I didn't wait for the 150 then. Mine is a 140 DSG kombi and has just turned 50k ( just as I drove out of the drive on to start the trip), and the mpg just keeps creeping up, just as all the VAG oil burners I've ever had.

Edinburgh & back yesterday 500mile round trip at 70 -80 mix of cruise right foot, all motorway and calculated at 38mpg not MFD readout which was 39.4mpg. T32, 150 kombi with DSG std 17" wheels & tyres. Ok for a 2 tonne brick I suppose.

I managed to get 57mpg out of mine on a 300 mile round trip last weekend!
It seems to get around 47mpg normally however mixed town and motorway trips.

2017 T28 102bhp 2.0 Tdi

I have the same engine @Rupie, I got over 50mpg on a recent 450 mile surf trip then average around 48mpg when driving to work etc. Won't beat much off the lights but I can live with that ;)

IMG_20180818_112845.jpg

I have the same engine @Rupie, I got over 50mpg on a recent 450 mile surf trip then average around 48mpg when driving to work etc. Won't beat much off the lights but I can live with that ;)

View attachment 27154

Give me amazing fuel consumption any day haha! I must be getting old!
Having said that I've just had a go in my mates S3 with launch control, that was an eye opener!

Have either of you actually checked your mpg properly or are you just assuming what the screen tells you is true?

Back