What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I've never had an issue with a VW 'genuine' usb c 30cm c to c... its only a poverty Startline, I want problems!

I've seen that thread, I have an S22 Samsung, is that Android 13? No issues.. Prior to that an S10, no issues...

I've seen that thread, I have an S22 Samsung, is that Android 13? No issues.. Prior to that an S10, no issues...
Oddly enough with Samsung having 35% of the Android market share (twice as big as the next vendor) and therefore bigger than Apple for all phones the issues on their phones tend to get fixed by Google. Everyone else has to just hope.

Poverty bikes attached to a poverty van ready for Bala! Seems secure enough, does anyone have a recommendation for a good safety chain in the event of a disaster? The loop on the underside of the TowTrust towbar looks like it's made of cheese, so something around the towbar itself?

20240509_132218.jpg

Poverty bikes attached to a poverty van ready for Bala! Seems secure enough, does anyone have a recommendation for a good safety chain in the event of a disaster? The loop on the underside of the TowTrust towbar looks like it's made of cheese, so something around the towbar itself?

View attachment 240650
Just stick a strap around them and around the the bike rack - that was good enough for me and £10k's worth of bikes :p

View attachment 240650
Maybe fit some kind of spring device so should something bad happen it will ping them away from the van avoid any damage! :think smile bounce:

So that's BigTruckie all through it's first MOT and an end of warranty service along with a couple of things checked I was concerned about warranty wise. Both noted as not an issue but at least they are on record should that change.

Was slightly chaos though thanks to VW Finance; I was using my final service on my service plan early so the van was inspected in the final month of warranty and also so the service plan was used up so I can move to All In next month.

However VW Finance declined to release the money as it was "too early" much to the van centres surprise as it was already on the ramp. There followed a 3 way standoff with Mr Jobsworth at VWFS who would not take instructions from the van centre as it was my financial details but then wouldn't take instructions from me as I wasn't an employee of the van centre. Thankfully the van centre finally found someone with more brains and sorted it but it wasted over an hour of our collective time. I remain bemused as to who Mr Jobsworth would have taken instructions from... neither can I find anything in the service agreement that says you can't use the service when you want.

So that's BigTruckie all through it's first MOT and an end of warranty service along with a couple of things checked I was concerned about warranty wise. Both noted as not an issue but at least they are on record should that change.

Was slightly chaos though thanks to VW Finance; I was using my final service on my service plan early so the van was inspected in the final month of warranty and also so the service plan was used up so I can move to All In next month.

However VW Finance declined to release the money as it was "too early" much to the van centres surprise as it was already on the ramp. There followed a 3 way standoff with Mr Jobsworth at VWFS who would not take instructions from the van centre as it was my financial details but then wouldn't take instructions from me as I wasn't an employee of the van centre. Thankfully the van centre finally found someone with more brains and sorted it but it wasted over an hour of our collective time. I remain bemused as to who Mr Jobsworth would have taken instructions from... neither can I find anything in the service agreement that says you can't use the service when you want.
Really don't know whether to like that or 'sad' it. That Jobsworth fellow works in Brum van centre too, and his twin brother in the parts dept... I'm going to like it because of the MOT bit.

@RyanGerry Really interested to know more about the Autobrite course and what you thought of it.
So it cost me £500, I really enjoyed it..

You can choose to use your own vehicle to learn on which I did, it had a full wash, clay bar, stage 1 paint correction and a three 3 year ceramic coating. They teach you the basics of machine polishing and paint correction. All the little tips.

You can choose to use your own vehicle to learn on which I did, it had a full wash, clay bar, stage 1 paint correction and a three 3 year ceramic coating. They teach you the basics of machine polishing and paint correction. All the little tips.
Damn, that's almost worth it to get the paint corrected and ceramic coating. Must be a fair bit cheaper than paying a detailer!

Great idea!

Back