What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I wonder what colour I would need to put over the blue to get purple? Red?
I would be sorted if quality street hadn’t cheaped out on their wrappers.
Could of tried a few to see what like
:p
Technically yes, red + blue = purple but I think you might end up with purple background and red letters. It looks like the letters are white / clear. Might have to ask the supplier how they're put together

Washed it, It was filthy and we've had contractors around where I live replacing power cables, I left it for a while, its now looking shiny again.

I’ve put my electrics under the bed at the side of the slide out tray and drawers, I’ve always gone under the drivers seat before but it’s a pain checking up on things under there and it’s very tight
If all’s well i’ll fit a clear perspex at the front to box it in, Its a wasted space to me when the Ovano type set ups are fitted.
Bob

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

I’ve put my electrics under the bed at the side of the slide out tray and drawers, I’ve always gone under the drivers seat before but it’s a pain checking up on things under there and it’s very tight
If all’s well i’ll fit a clear perspex at the front to box it in, Its a wasted space to me when the Ovano type set ups are fitted.
Bob

View attachment 240535

View attachment 240536
So much room under there compared to under the seats!

Bob

View attachment 240535

View attachment 240536
Thats good, are they mounted to the standard 36(4)mm ply or another way? Details would be a good help.

Finally made a new side wall panel, rewired it all to add the new Vangear CRX pod, new fridge/hob.

Also added an Ablemail trickle charger to top the starter battery from the LFP LB when on hookup/mains charger, which you can’t see under the drivers seat with the LB/B2B etc.

Gone gasless with the single Vango induction hob which will run off hookup or 1000w inverter

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4555.jpeg

I mounted some 18mm ply to a kombi ply panel so it was thick enough to take the mounting screws without protruding through the back and fouling the cables, I cut some slots to feed the cables through, covered it all in suede liner
I haven’t sound deadened the arches yet I will tidy the cables up too at some point
There is a big void behind that panel to run everything and there’s an earthing stud available
The battery is a 100 ah lithium which fits perfectly

I’ve used the original fixing holes too as the ply panel I added fits inside the original holes

Apparently I triggered a fairly big software update:

20240508_200142.JPG

Ironically it's in the Van Centre in the morning for it's end of warranty service, timing is everything it seems from the VW Mothership :rolleyes:

(Yes I know the screen protector needs a good wipe, it got done shortly after)

How long did that take @roadtripper ?
It claimed 30 minutes. I didn't exactly time it as I thought if I had to leave the van on the drive unlocked ignition on I may as well hoover it out and do some tidying up but it was about that sort of time.

Once it restarted there were some other updates that needed to run on the head unit so about another 10 mins there.

Only really obvious change so far is that in Android Auto it's now a proper VW icon rather than, bizarrely, a Porsche one...

It claimed 30 minutes. I didn't exactly time it as I thought if I had to leave the van on the drive unlocked ignition on I may as well hoover it out and do some tidying up but it was about that sort of time.

Once it restarted there were some other updates that needed to run on the head unit so about another 10 mins there.

Only really obvious change so far is that in Android Auto it's now a proper VW icon rather than, bizarrely, a Porsche one...
Being a fellow Androidian, next time you get a chance, could you show us what a proper VW icon is please?!

Being a fellow Androidian, next time you get a chance, could you show us what a proper VW icon is please?!
Whenever you are running Android Auto there is an icon on the Android Auto screen that takes you back to the app screen on the head unit - it's how you can switch between two phones if you want.

Up until today mine was, bizarrely, a Porsche badge as the icon and "Porsche" as the text but is now a VW badge and "Volkswagen" as you'd expect.

It tends to be the first one (top left of screen)

And just to show you I'm not bonkers here's the list of known cars on my phone - which until an hour or so ago only said PORSCHE

Screenshot_20240508-225209-01.jpeg

The biggest update for me was apple car play not dropping out 20 seconds after the ignition was switched on, then reconnecting 20 seconds later.
That's a good point, I should try to see if my phone will connect on a normal usbc rather than my "make it dumb" back to back adapters

Back