What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

About 5 hours of routing my walnut (not a euphemism!). AKA making a load of sawdust!!

1000006982.jpg
1000006983.jpg

Main shape done and I've made a start on the sink cut out.

Just the rest of the sink cut out, tap hole, corners, LED strip channels, and edges to do... o_O

Last edited:
About 5 hours of routing my walnut (not a euphemism!). AKA making a load of sawdust!!

Main shape done and I've made a start on the sink cut out.

Just the rest of the sink cut out, tap hole, corners, LED strip channels, and edges to do... o_O
I hope you’ve been wearing a decent face mask with all that sawdust around?

Changed out my "red" upper grill trims first fitted in April 2020 that had turned an uncool version of cloudy pink:

Red grill turning pink.jpg

A bit of greenery to remove:

New front grill trim 3.jpg

Old vrs new:

New front grill trim 1.jpg

An easy 5 minute job.
Took longer to get the bucket of soapy water & hosepipe ready, than to detrim & refit :D
Good to go now, for another 4 years.

When you say 'bottom channel' do you mean the channel the sliding part slides in? There's a drain hole at each end of this which should (provided it's not become detached) drain to the outside.

FYI you can give the seals a helping band by inserting 4mm foam cord into them, I've done that on mine and they're fully watertight (maybe a few drops on the vertical front section) Vs before I had puddles in the sliding door step.
Yes exactly, the channel. It gets wet but doesn't fill so does seem like there is some drainage working as it should. Sounds like I need to look in to this a bit. thanks

Yes exactly, the channel. It gets wet but doesn't fill so does seem like there is some drainage working as it should. Sounds like I need to look in to this a bit. thanks
Sounds like your drains are working as they should be then, you could look at improving the seals if you wanted to stop the water getting into the channel in the first place.

Changed the dipped beam bulbs for some better ones in my H4s, which should hopefully make them marginally less crap.
On the positive side it took me about 5 minutes, I knew there must be one positive to having small hands. :laugh:
can you tell me if there better and what ones you got please?

Removed the solar panel from the roof - used a 20mm blind grommet where the cable went through and 4x of the roof rail rubber washer bolts with nylock nuts on the ends inside.

When I fitted it I applied vinyl wrap where the brackets touched the roof and so the sikaflex was attached to the vinyl not the actual roof - meaning they came off cleanly.

Need to wash the roof now but you can hardly see the bolts/grommet from the ground.

Solar panel in the for sale section.

Reactions: CAB
Back