What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@RedUn Do you just need to plug this in as you've done in the pic, or do you need to set it up somehow? Mine has arrived today but there were no instructions with it.
Answered my own question... you just plug it in between the connector and the switch, nothing else needed

Fitted the Sportsline Seat Covers from Custom Covers (£99 Amazon). Happy with the quality but the complete lack of any instructions was frustrating.

IMG_6146.jpeg

Currently making the most of a day where it's sun one minute, hail the next, to make this mess... :D

1000007058.jpg

AKA wiring in an Anderson connector from the passenger LB install to the drivers side seat back. Feeding the 2x 10mm² cables through wasn't too bad once I'd lifted the carpet a bit, but if I wanted to hide the OEM wiring loom connectors under the carpet it will be a full on both seats out jobbie. Plus the Caravelle carpet is mega thick so there's much less space down there than I hoped there would be!!

Cannot recommend this projector Z mount enough. Big dial screw to connect to the projector and it folds up out if the way.
Velcroed my amazon prime stick to the projector with both it and the projector fed via micro USB to USBs

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6204.jpeg

IMG_6206.jpeg

Currently making the most of a day where it's sun one minute, hail the next, to make this mess... :D

View attachment 234113

AKA wiring in an Anderson connector from the passenger LB install to the drivers side seat back. Feeding the 2x 10mm² cables through wasn't too bad once I'd lifted the carpet a bit, but if I wanted to hide the OEM wiring loom connectors under the carpet it will be a full on both seats out jobbie. Plus the Caravelle carpet is mega thick so there's much less space down there than I hoped there would be!!
Couldn't resist testing my handywork, so started on the kitchen pod wiring with a 50a Anderson connector (impressed by these, really solid connection) leading to a 6-way fusebox with negative busbar, then onto a dimmer switch and LED strip which will be getting installed under my worktop.

Plugged in, red light on the connected circuit without a fuse, that's a good sign... :rofl:
1000007060.jpg

It works!!!:D
1000007062.jpg

1000007063.jpg

On full chat, the 5m strip pulls a whole 8w, not even 1a!
1000007064.png

I fired up the diesel heater earlier too, that pulled 120w on first fire up, then settled into about 40-50w when heating, and barely anything once it had got up to temp.

Last edited:
@TallPaul_S epic work! Got a link to the Anderson socket you used? Would mind fitting one to temporarily plug in a inverter from time to time..
That one is a 50a max which might not be enough depending what size inverter you have, but they do connectors right up to 350a

Anderson SB Double Pole Power Connectors | 12 Volt Planet

I'll be using mine to connect my kitchen pod wiring, so; fridge, LED lights, submersible pump for the tap, and 2x dual USB sockets. Then a second circuit with a some more LEDs and another dual USB. A much better solution for a semi-permanent connection.

Last edited:
Cannot recommend this projector Z mount enough. Big dial screw to connect to the projector and it folds up out if the way.
Velcroed my amazon prime stick to the projector with both it and the projector fed via micro USB to USBs
@dcpen43 . How's that projector please? I ask as although I couldn't turn that exact model up on a [very] quick google, those that I did see from the same firm looked a bit too cheap to be true. That said, I also know that there can be bargains out there if you're realistic about your expectations / demands and it's only for the van in my case. Cheers.

Removed Alpine SPC-106T6s
Sound deadened the inner panel and the back of the door card
Fitted the Gladen One T6 Appearance kit - bigger woofers :cool:
Refitted and tested - turned up the input gain on the front due to having more headroom with these speakers. I think it sounds awesome :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Also installed the Gladen One Appearance speakers and one of the tweeters today.

I say one of the tweeters, as I’ve been sent a kit with both in the correct orientation for the driver side, instead of one of each.

How’s ya luck o_O

IMG_5553.jpeg

@dcpen43 . How's that projector please? I ask as although I couldn't turn that exact model up on a [very] quick google, those that I did see from the same firm looked a bit too cheap to be true. That said, I also know that there can be bargains out there if you're realistic about your expectations / demands and it's only for the van in my case. Cheers.
@Ajay10

Iam glad you asked the question and as a result i may have got an "Antiques Roadshow" type surprise :) or not. See the eBay price range

It was left in the Van when i bought it and i have always been impressed with the colour and definition

its current hungry 3A and the micro USB connector can get warm. BLE with my soundbar and its very enjoyable.

you live near me in Frampton dont you? Happy to demo it if you wanted to get the cheaper of these
two ebay items. DM me

IMG_6209.png

IMG_6210.png

Removed Alpine SPC-106T6s
Sound deadened the inner panel and the back of the door card
Fitted the Gladen One T6 Appearance kit - bigger woofers :cool:
Refitted and tested - turned up the input gain on the front due to having more headroom with these speakers. I think it sounds awesome :thumbsup:
@t6blo you going the spring gathering. i have the SPC108s, the D84AT6 sub woofer and DSP but after taking advice i swapping the D84 for a mono KTA-200m and driving the SPC108s from a Halo 11. Love to compare the sound of the various kit thats out there.

Back