What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

No issues at all… thankfully
I have had so many issues over the years with low profile tyres due to potholes and road debris. I would love 20's and low profile wheels and tyres in an ideal world though. Looking forward to putting my 19's back on when the winter finally buggers off though!

I have had so many issues over the years with low profile tyres due to potholes and road debris. I would love 20's and low profile wheels and tyres in an ideal world though. Looking forward to putting my 19's back on when the winter finally buggers off though!
I know that feeling, I drive with my eyes glued on the roads, especially now as there are potholes everywhere.

Recent alloy wrecked due a 10cm deep pothole.

7805F02F-AB3C-4A8A-865F-98588AC211CD.jpeg

32F78B89-9EF6-42B6-9891-8E196B85A74F.jpeg

Stripped and greased my H&R ARB’s.

Since fitting there has been an annoying clunk during slow speed turns/manoeuvres. ARB’s were fitted dry as per H&R instructions, everything torqued etc.

However, it had a feel of a stiction type noise. So stripped every bush liberally greased, refitted and re-torqued. Noise gone!

Will be contacting H&R and suggesting they update their instructions and/or supply grease for the bushes.

Hey mate,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it's a genuine VW wood floor.

VW ordered it for me as compensation for something they screwed up on my order and I just picked it up from their parts department when it arrived.

The coating isn't bad for scratch resistance but it does depend on what you put in the van. I have scratched up mine already but it's better than scratching up the paint on the metal underneath. Plus if I scratch it up real bad I can just get a rubber mat or carpet to glue down over it later.

I do think I'll get some underlay to put down underneath it as it does rattle on some of the country roads I've been driving on recently.
Cool. I'm waiting for my van to arrive which has a "multipurpose" floor fitted. Im not sure its good enough to handle electrical / refrigeration work van type use and was tossing up either to order a wood floor, or wait until my van arrives and see what I'm dealing with. The grey floor in your van really did look smick!

Hopefully this is the last woodwork/carpeting job to do in the van because I never end up pleased with it - this is no exception :rolleyes:

Speaker board/box for the 6x9s under the Kombi bench. Also means stuff in the ‘boot’ doesn’t slide under the seat when braking or cornering.

Not hoovered up the sawdust yet so don’t judge :thumbsup:

There are 2 gaps in the market that I have plugged over the last couple of weeks -

1. A Kombi bench storage/speaker box that clamps the front board and the back board together (I used 2x2 wood but I’m sure there must be a bester solution.

2. A Kombi storage pod that is low level with tambour doors and doesn’t have a sink or a hob or a fridge and bolts to the load lashing points.

I would have gladly bought them rather than boil my blood building them!

E3DF974B-401E-4FF1-8D74-612418BD2850.jpeg

E3F63A7F-F8B7-4D24-818F-105D455B58AE.jpeg

CA0A5D3A-0CB5-4FC4-BC1C-49E53DB3B669.jpeg

631511E6-06FA-41EA-A4B0-59AD259F2580.jpeg

07A2601D-CDD7-40F0-A792-DBF6348472DD.jpeg

4CF3CBA9-B086-471C-9138-12A4266A1B11.jpeg

Cool. I'm waiting for my van to arrive which has a "multipurpose" floor fitted. Im not sure its good enough to handle electrical / refrigeration work van type use and was tossing up either to order a wood floor, or wait until my van arrives and see what I'm dealing with. The grey floor in your van really did look smick!
Yeah it's ok. It does need an underlay though as it does vibrate a little. I personally have plans to use it as a base to screw draws and some shelves into as I'm not keen on screwing directly into the metal.

I think this floor is also referred to as universal flooring.

Back