What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Boring, Just a couple of new Cargo Vectors fitted on front. Couple of days ago I noticed one of the tyres
was fitted with "inside" facing outwards. Found out the van had been run uninflated and the wall was damaged,
failed it's MOT. Looks like it was turned to hide the fact!

Boring, Just a couple of new Cargo Vectors fitted on front. Couple of days ago I noticed one of the tyres
was fitted with "inside" facing outwards. Found out the van had been run uninflated and the wall was damaged,
failed it's MOT. Looks like it was turned to hide the fact!
Shocking! :eek:

Drawer system thingy me bob finally done.. shame the bottom drawer looks a different shade at a certain angle.. the slot to the right houses my track saw tracks. The 2 soil pipes, one is 1100 deep, the other goes through the bulkhead so can I get the 2.4m beading I use. The drawers are 900 wide x 1200 deep and 400 high, on the bottom, the top one is 1100 deep x 1300 wide and 300 high.. still leaves a decent parcel shelf plus doesn’t reduce the visibility from rear view mirror... chuffed
That's all a very nice set up. Good tools deserve a good home.

Reactions: Tym
Picked up my B14s today thanks to Pau1GTI :). I also had kenwood head unit and dash cam fitted at the Vw dealer on Saturday and when he got to the end he realised they they had sent the wrong connection lead so it isn’t working :(.

D9E50C6A-C722-4406-A05E-40C691F7776E.jpeg

image.jpg

Decent hike over to Swanage this morning. Struggle to stand at times in the gale. Used the Jetboil for the first time too. First rate bit of kit that. Got home in time to tinker a few bits with the van. Added a shower chair (FOC, stripped out of a refurb) and moved other bits around. Even managed to house the bog-in-a-bag in the rear. Van is a fully used work van. Seats 4. But now has 2 further occasional seats, which are easier than using the swivels if just stopping for a short while. Also has option for 3 tables.

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

These arrived today. My van didn’t come with locking nuts so wanted a set. Looked at a few makes but decided to stick with the Mcgard ones.

Then decided to get black ended ones (van is black with black/silver Sportlines) as I didn’t know how well the black hex wheel nut covers would stay on a round locking nut.

FB3D9FC1-D664-49B8-A6CD-BAD3C6BA7C93.jpeg 91463146-5A39-4E19-B915-2FA04910F380.jpeg D48C23F1-6AD1-43B4-ADD5-A1DABEECCA64.jpeg

So I decided to fit the locking nuts I received yesterday. Here is the before, excuse the state of the wheels but a clean is on my todo list:

A3539FE9-2461-44BA-A898-60BC81C5752B.jpeg

Straight forward enough to swap a bolt for a bolt:

2E973438-B74D-4D9A-A19B-9532BF25EDCD.jpeg

I also had but covers in black delivered. After reading many threads I didn’t know which to get (without spending a lot) so turned to Amazon and found these rubber/silicon type covers which fitted with reassuring tightness:

22DECD8C-634D-4870-B322-0C845A53A79D.jpeg

As I had 4 spare covers I tried them on the locking nut and they fitted really well, so well I could have saved myself £5 and got the normal coloured ones!:

AAF2138F-6AF4-4D72-B181-D2FEB8CD5FB2.jpeg

Time will tell if they stay on (only cost about £7) but they seem more solid than the cheap plastic ones that seem to slide on/off with vibration.

Also, not sure how I’m supposed to get them off as a puller wasn’t included...

Back