What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I have just fitted a brodit phone mount. It's the centre mounted option which clips over the open dash.... When i opened up the package I was a bit overwhelmed at the size of the mount.... but once fitted, it's actually not that intrusive.

I have just fitted a brodit phone mount. It's the centre mounted option which clips over the open dash.... When i opened up the package I was a bit overwhelmed at the size of the mount.... but once fitted, it's actually not that intrusive.
Interesting. Photos?

Gave it a supervisory role as it oversaw the wash and wax of the Polo.

IMG_20210519_150434.jpg

Got exactly this far before rain started chucking it down and I decided best to resume tomorrow.

Taillights and corner covers off. Dropped the spare tyre.

Removing bumper to fit towbar

Attachments

• 7DF83639-9CC8-4FF5-9F94-0713060653BA.jpeg
    7DF83639-9CC8-4FF5-9F94-0713060653BA.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 21
Ran speakers cables from behind b-pillar to head unit. That was enough for one evening!

Reactions: CAB
Hi I’m looking for a few recommendations so I can make some changes to my t5 to use completely off grid

Can anybody recommend a budget diesel heater and a budget solar panel set up - for full use off grid for a strip lights, small fridge, laptop, drone battery and a couple of phones ?

Hi I’m looking for a few recommendations so I can make some changes to my t5 to use completely off grid

Can anybody recommend a budget diesel heater and a budget solar panel set up - for full use off grid for a strip lights, small fridge, laptop, drone battery and a couple of phones ?
Off grid with drones, laptops and phones? Sounds more like you’re kitting out a surveillance van!

I put two Pirelli p zeros on the front. Good price for 2 at kwik fit. They were actually really good. Due to the dishing on my wheels they had to be put on the machine face down to take the tyres off and they went to great pains to use plastic covers on the machine and didn’t mark the wheels.
Although I did start the whole process by saying ‘there’s not a single mark on these wheels. Are you happy that you can change the tyres without marking the wheels?’
And they were very conscientious and I’m really pleased. £279 for two 245/45/20 103y P Zeros is pretty good.

Just dropped it off this morning for Powerflex adjustable bushes and 4 wheel alignment

Let me know what your thoughts are please.

Fitted a giant roof rack. With a built-in bottle opener. And a ladder so I can climb up and sunbathe ... or something.
IMG_1063.jpg
(also; ordered some new "mini-swamper" tyres and booked the wheels in to get refinished in satin black ... 'cos I'm too lazy to clean off the brake dust)

Back