What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Quick coffee and then onto the seat hinge for passenger seat, misses has gone out but I’ve put the pictures and mirrors up I was asked (ordered to) and put the bath all back together too, so when she comes home to find me still working on the van will wait for the fireworks lol

Mine came from Stitches + Steel. Their "Raised Awning Rail".
Single section of aluminium.
16038065130314153297547052240115.jpgI sanded down the ends to take off the sharper edges.
Simply drill and fit using existing captive nuts in the roof.

20201027_221051.jpg

Fitted Heko dark wind deflectors, fitted Clayton alloys, removed bulkhead and ordered aftermarket foglight kit from Travelin Lite.....booked her in for soundproofing and insulating and carpeting courtesy of the guys at Snugcampers at Malton.

Removed the chrome bar from my replacement exterior b-pillar trim panel. Turns out dental floss is pretty much the strongest household string but in the end it was some spare kite line that did the trick - it's Dyneema and rated to 110kg :)PXL_20201028_202121519.jpg

Realised how poor the H4 lights are, now that the clocks have changed and it keeps raining.
Fitted replacement upgrade bulbs. Philips X-treme Vision Pro 150.
Anything has to be an improvement.
Darkness will be the test, but they look brighter and whiter in the daylight.
let us know, I am thinking the same about my lights :)

Quick coffee and then onto the seat hinge for passenger seat, misses has gone out but I’ve put the pictures and mirrors up I was asked (ordered to) and put the bath all back together too, so when she comes home to find me still working on the van will wait for the fireworks lol
Starting Halllow'een early with the fireworks then?!! Or, just timing how long her fuse is?!!!

Realised how poor the H4 lights are, now that the clocks have changed and it keeps raining.
Fitted replacement upgrade bulbs. Philips X-treme Vision Pro 150.
Anything has to be an improvement.
Darkness will be the test, but they look brighter and whiter in the daylight.
Now trialled in the dark.
Distinctly brighter.
Bulbs give a whiter light which certainly helps.
Not convinced that there is a 150% increase in visibility.
Could still do with better visibility on dipped beam.
Main beam is great.
For a "cheap fix" it is certainly not bad, at all.
No current plans to spend the hundreds required to completely swap the light units.

Now trialled in the dark.
Distinctly brighter.
Bulbs give a whiter light which certainly helps.
Not convinced that there is a 150% increase in visibility.
Could still do with better visibility on dipped beam.
Main beam is great.
For a "cheap fix" it is certainly not bad, at all.
No current plans to spend the hundreds required to completely swap the light units.
I think the 150% refers to minimum legal requirements, so may not be 150% of the OEM.

But they can't be any worse :laugh:

Back