What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

The Engine Management Warning Light came on yesterday for the second time in four months, I've only had the van eight months, second-hand with 23,300 on the clock when I got it and 26,600 now. The first time VW Assist simply reset the warning as all indications were that is was a false alarm. So today I called VW Assist again and they attended and checked it out. Again most likely a false alarm but this time the technician also checked the software version and my van needed a software update. He installed the update, which I understand also deals with false alarms. Let's see how it goes now. Oh, he also gave me the form to claim eight AdBlue refills!

A quick update. It's been a few weeks now since the software upgrade and no warnings so far. I have noticed an increase in my miles per gallon though and a no diesel knocking, which I used to get as I pulled away from standing, so all seems good at the moment.

I started to build a "boot" at the back of the load space in my PV this evening as I can't even go for a supermarket shop without the bags sliding all over the place on the way home. In the end I used the top half of the bulkhead as a divider just behind the sliding door and then built another divider behind that. So I can now hide stuff from view from the sliding door window, and have a large car boot space for shopping and smaller items. Not going to post a picture as it's a ugly hack but it'll do the job until the end of lockdown

Swapping one BlackVue DR750X-2CH from the Audi to the T6 although not sure the rear camera will work through the privacy glass.

Also adding new wipers from Bosch, the fronts are shot.

new OEM sportline side bars and puddle lights fitted, thanks to @Pauly for the ordering / delivery.

also got round to fitting the footwell lights i've had sat here for a bit.

also cleaned out 3 kg of dirt and stuff from behind the arches and undertray in the process.

I fitted the Vankraft reclining/folding bracket to the double passenger seat in our highline kombi this morning. The service from Vankraft has been excellent and I followed the video on their website which shows the fitting process in detail. The new sitting position is noticably less upright than before. My overall impression is that it's a great bit of kit!

Collected the van from the local independent mechanic this morning. Anti roll bar D bushes, drop links and control arm bushes all replaced. The van has only done 36k miles but what a transformation, it’s like a new van again. I went for the power flex road bushes on the control arms because the standard bushes are rubbish. Very pleased.

Sound deadened roof on my SWB T6 Kombi. I couldn’t figure out how to remove trim strip between the ply panels so had to slide the roof panel out the side door, not pretty!
What’s the trick in removing the trim strip without breaking the strip or some clips as I’m really not looking forward to sliding the panel back in again sideways

Sound deadened roof on my SWB T6 Kombi. I couldn’t figure out how to remove trim strip between the ply panels so had to slide the roof panel out the side door, not pretty!
What’s the trick in removing the trim strip without breaking the strip or some clips as I’m really not looking forward to sliding the panel back in again sideways
Mine Just slides off the clips outta the sliding door. Then use trim tool to remove the clips

Back