What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Footwell lights fitted, thanks @saxoboy . A straightforward job with clear instructions, although I wouldn't bother cutting the red and black wires prior to crimping them, you might find out when refitting the lower panel that you've cut them too short. Entirely my fault, the instructions do point this out.:rolleyes:
A quick repair with two small terminal blocks and the lights are working fine, puddle lights tomorrow as I'm being dragged out for a drink. No rest etc.

Spreader plate fitted and spare wheel holder modded in prep for RIB fitting. Need to remove Kombi seats and reflow first.

View attachment 81003

Fitted VW carbon Upper and lower carbon grill strips. Upper one was to hide the red I had on there so thought may aswell add the lower one to match too, think it works?
Love it. Can I ask where you got them from please? I have the same colour van and blacked my grill out too but this works really well.

I have today fitted multi coloured flexible LED strip lights to the underside of our Fiamma F45s wind out awning, Any of 640,000 possible LED colours can be selected. from the supplied rotary remote control.
The supplier assembled the lights to order, supplying IP67 rated waterproof light strips at my request and to the length I requested. They wired on the controller as part of the service. All I had to do was connect up to a 12V supply and stick the strip lights in place using the pre-attached 3M tape.
I placed the order Friday afternoon, it was assembled Monday & delivered to me Tuesday morning, an excellent service at a very reasonable price of £38 delivered (far cheaper than Fiamma's own standard "all white" LED version or other campervan versions that I have seen advertised) .
I can't recommend the supplier highly enough

Friday popped to the guys at Transporter HQ for a Revo stage one remap on my 150. Excellent results, pulls far stronger now, with a much more even spread of power.
Today fitted a K&N panel filter, & a set of H&R anti roll bars.
The rear was a bit of a pain due to rear mounted water tank, which I had to move rearward to clear bar! This I had anticipated as standard bar was close.
I slightly spaced the bar down where it bolts to rear arm, this made a surprisingly large difference to the clearance.
Not really had chance to put it through it’s paces yet.
Edit to say, also replaced the crappy Meccano drop links with some Bilstein ones.

F09DC7C4-5C8B-4EBF-B7FA-381749808F27.jpeg

F5F80B78-1A77-42B1-B3F2-FE3B9BB8093F.jpeg

4903C6D5-871D-4A54-B2A9-068CD19CA171.jpeg

Last edited:
Woop woop!
My first mod.. broke my virginity. Haha
That gap between the window and the dash.
Cheap, great fix
Of course, I nodded the mod - sliced the ends so they would push up into the corner more.
Ideally I'd have made it completely flush so it's not apparent but I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't grip and keep popping out in the corners slightly. Which would annoy me more (lesser of two evils...)
2020-08-11 18.35.53.jpg2020-08-11 18.35.53.jpg2020-08-11 18.37.12.jpg
The passenger side was a bit naff but I wonr be looking at it all the time so it wont bug me. The drivers side I spent twice as long on...
For a tenner, sweet beans. I'll now use my dash to put thing on now occasionally.. haha

Woop woop!
My first mod.. broke my virginity. Haha
That gap between the window and the dash.
Cheap, great fix
Of course, I nodded the mod - sliced the ends so they would push up into the corner more.
Ideally I'd have made it completely flush so it's not apparent but I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't grip and keep popping out in the corners slightly. Which would annoy me more (lesser of two evils...)
View attachment 81049View attachment 81049View attachment 81050
The passenger side was a bit naff but I wonr be looking at it all the time so it wont bug me. The drivers side I spent twice as long on...
For a tenner, sweet beans. I'll now use my dash to put thing on now occasionally.. haha
When I got my first T5, I spent a while retrieving parking tickets, receipts and pens from down there, plus I found a tenner :p

Shame I didn't save it for when the cams and followers self destructed.....:notworthy:

I got one parking ticket stuck down there. Took 20 mins for me to get out. Frankly, 20mins for a piece of paper that I viciously hate having to pay for, felt like an omen for a problem I should sort out asap.
I would have lost my mind if it took me 20mins to retrieve a tenner that I lost by accident and needed immenentlyimminently one day.
I can imagine over a period how you wouldve had to retrieve a bunch of stuff. I stuck a screwdriver down to see how far it goes and I was shocked... though, it's not the first vehicle I've seen this be a problem on.

Man.
Was that a pd engine? If so, find the reason? There is a few reasons why that could happen on those engines..

None of the scrap paper was mine, just came with the van. PD engine I think, yes - 130 2.5l. The case hardening wore and then the non-hardened surfaces disintegrated. Lack of TLC by original owner? Wrong oil? Bad luck? Who knows. <touch wood> I've had 2.5 years with the T6 with not the slightest niggle - 40,000 happy miles <touch wood>

Wrong oil and lack of changes causes that problem, 95% of the time.. Sometimes the shells were a bit too soft as well - theres many tales and myths surrounding the Hydraulic lifters of the pd engines and camshaft wear, some are true, some are not... If theres were free piees of paper and a tenner, id imagine the person was just lax and bought the bullet proof namsake of the pd - bulet proof, so long as you got certain things changed at certain points during the life of the vehicle...
Wont say anymore. its going off t6 topic XP

Side note: im wondering if i installed it correctly... :whistle:
It seemed to fit two ways...
Im sure itll be fine :D

Reactions: CAB
Side note: im wondering if i installed it correctly... :whistle:
It seemed to fit two ways...
Im sure itll be fine :D
I couldn't decide when I did mine, so just shoved it down there! Does the job though :thumbsup:

Standard H4's are pants as we know. Not ready to splash out for LED's yet so fitted some Phillips Racing Visions. For £16 these have made a big difference and I'm well impressed. Oh and yes, pain in the a$$ to fit :p Getting my sausage fingers in between the bulb housing and airbox was the highlight :rofl:.

Also standard to de badge the tailgate.

Back