What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

where did you get the charging unit? Can you get different power levels to go through different thicknesses of material?

It is just a standard USB driven home charging pad. I had a look at a few and the Juice models seemed as slim as any and reasonably cheap at £20. I wanted one for home anyway (after our cats chewed the cable on my last one...) so it would be no loss if it didnt work.
Juice, like many others, offer 5 and 10 watt pads so I opted for the 10 to give it the best chance of working. Out of the van it was capable of fast charging but under the (very thin) plastic of the cubby hole it only registers standard charging. Admittedly I haven't tried with the phone case off which may gain just enough.
I was hoping to find a 12v pad for direct connection to the van but a slim profile was the main consideration. I have a small 12 - 5v transformer connected via piggy back fuse to the ignition live section of the centre fuse box.

20200626_144407.jpg

It is just a standard USB driven home charging pad. I had a look at a few and the Juice models seemed as slim as any and reasonably cheap at £20. I wanted one for home anyway (after our cats chewed the cable on my last one...) so it would be no loss if it didnt work.
Juice, like many others, offer 5 and 10 watt pads so I opted for the 10 to give it the best chance of working. Out of the van it was capable of fast charging but under the (very thin) plastic of the cubby hole it only registers standard charging. Admittedly I haven't tried with the phone case off which may gain just enough.
I was hoping to find a 12v pad for direct connection to the van but a slim profile was the main consideration. I have a small 12 - 5v transformer connected via piggy back fuse to the ignition live section of the centre fuse box.

View attachment 75763

Nice one, want to do this with the Center cubby on my comfort dash!

That was my plan but the phone has to go in far enough to be centred on the charging pad. There wasn't enough room on my non comfort dash in any of the other cubby holes and none would have held the pad. Hopefully you'll have the space.

Today was finally install day!!

All went in pretty smoothly, well happy with the final result!!!

Bed mode:

View attachment 75720

View attachment 75716

Seat mode (Faces our the rear door for lunch with a view;)):

View attachment 75717

View attachment 75719

Plenty of storage:

View attachment 75726

Kitchen setup (bit of worktop spaces and double burner

View attachment 75727

That's absolutely bloody brilliant! Really well thought out piece of furniture. All I managed to do today was go to quickfit and get a slow puncture fixed.!lol

Fridge out:

View attachment 75732

2AAB46F0-7519-4226-821F-D8C071C12479.jpeg
Just grabbed a bit of time in the afternoon to carry on with some soundproof insulation fitment

How are you fixing that to the roof? Trying to figure out how I am doing it.

Is that a 10x5 ply cieling or did you get away with an 8x4?

Its 8 x 4 which is 2 inches short each side and about 3 1/2 inches at the back. This is taken up/covered by the rim piece so no need for 10 x 5. If I could get a 10 x 5 locally and fit it in the van I may have gone big but I'm confident that this way will work. The first picture shows the rim "extensions" and together is the same size as both panels in my LWB.
It will be screwed in place then covered in Suedeliner. Led strips around the perimeter then the top "Halo" piece, covered in matching carpet, on top of that. There will be 6 Led spots in the rim.
The plan is no for no visible fasteners but I'll let you know if it works!
All in it should be about £100 for all materials and lights which is a far cry from what they sell the Halo kits for!

Its 8 x 4 which is 2 inches short each side and about 3 1/2 inches at the back. This is taken up/covered by the rim piece so no need for 10 x 5. If I could get a 10 x 5 locally and fit it in the van I may have gone big but I'm confident that this way will work. The first picture shows the rim "extensions" and together is the same size as both panels in my LWB.
It will be screwed in place then covered in Suedeliner. Led strips around the perimeter then the top "Halo" piece, covered in matching carpet, on top of that. There will be 6 Led spots in the rim.
The plan is no for no visible fasteners but I'll let you know if it works!
All in it should be about £100 for all materials and lights which is a far cry from what they sell the Halo kits for!

Thanks for the detailed reply, I will look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Well, not today but finally replaced the front brake discs and pads on the LHS after doing the RHS in that really hot Thursday last week. Had to pack it in, it was just too hot.
My daughters' partner got me a Ferodo set, so I now have a Brembo set for the back when I decide to do them. The biggest pain, is loosening the caliper bolts, had to use a long breaker bar!!!

Gave my new Maxton textured splitter a coat of DLUX to cure for 24 hours ready for fitment tomorrow afternoon.
MVIMG_20200702_151454.jpg

Swapped the single pole mcb in my cu to a double pole mcb, thanks to @The Bear78 for spotting my mistake, ready for fitting this weekend
DB97310A-E7D9-452F-A650-2C7FD45122BB.jpeg

Back