What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Assigned my personalised reg, fitted the plates and had a Pendle remap done (& declared it all to my insurance company!).

I've got those nets too. They're cunningly located to help keep the 6mm ply pulled into the curved shape!
Where did you get the striped carpet from please? Hopefully not Rugs for Bugs...
Yes. Rugs for bugs. I recommend them.

Dropped the fuel tank for the second time in two days. I am fitting a Planar heater and yesterday dropped the fuel tank to fit stand pipe in sender unit, refitted tank in place then overnight had an awful thought ,did i push the lock down on the electrical connector as i couldnt remember doing it, couldnt see when tank in situ and didnt want it coming loose on a bumpy road miles from anywhere so for peace of mind had to check. Dropped tank again this morning only to discover I had locked it down. After a good dose of aussie swearing refitted the tank again. Must be more attentive in future.

Dropped the fuel tank for the second time in two days. I am fitting a Planar heater and yesterday dropped the fuel tank to fit stand pipe in sender unit, refitted tank in place then overnight had an awful thought ,did i push the lock down on the electrical connector as i couldnt remember doing it, couldnt see when tank in situ and didnt want it coming loose on a bumpy road miles from anywhere so for peace of mind had to check. Dropped tank again this morning only to discover I had locked it down. After a good dose of aussie swearing refitted the tank again. Must be more attentive in future.
We all do that moment thing....did i..did I....then oh sh*t got to recheck it all again ..so ur in good company ;)

Yes but annoying and a waste of time doing it twice but couldnt have left it without checking, better at my place with all the tools than being helpless up some dirt track.

I managed to fit my homemade Halo roof. 6mm ply with 12mm spacer isn't particularly heavy but was quite a challenge on my own!
I'll knock up the finishing strip tomorrow but am waiting for the Suedeliner to cover the main panel.
I also fitted Sportscraft swivels which are nice and solid but I cant say I'm too impressed with the handbrake bracket. The cable is too far offset from the channel in the lever so I think a modified original mount will need fabricating in the not too distant future.
20200703_190400.jpg
20200703_190347.jpg

I managed to fit my homemade Halo roof. 6mm ply with 12mm spacer isn't particularly heavy but was quite a challenge on my own!
I'll knock up the finishing strip tomorrow but am waiting for the Suedeliner to cover the main panel.
I also fitted Sportscraft swivels which are nice and solid but I cant say I'm too impressed with the handbrake bracket. The cable is too far offset from the channel in the lever so I think a modified original mount will need fabricating in the not too distant future.
View attachment 76132
View attachment 76133
Nice roof :thumbsup:

Had some lengths of timber kicking around and some spare carpet from lining the van out last week.

Thoughts i'd see if I could make a cheap take on a Kombi bed.

Got some tidying up to do underneath of the folding panel and perhaps sheet and carpet the frame but it makes a nice parcel shelf if nothing else.

20200704_113846_resized.jpg
20200704_113906_resized.jpg
20200704_113932_resized.jpg

Back