TV’s, their Locations and Setups.

Forgot to say, granddaughter Chloe made good use of the little DT245 amplified aerial on the Old Warden campsite this w/e,
it worked surprisingly well up in the pop-top with no breakup and no channels missed on the setup scan.
Good solid copy even in the late evening when it started raining pissistently.
I've just been converting a few more DVDs for the USB slot, they come out around a gig each so I'm getting at least 60
full-length films on a 64gb stick. Plenty of kids films for when it rains!
Just one point on that, I've found that the mp4 files produced by 'Winxdvd Pro' fail as the DVD switches layers, so half-way
through a film the DTV905 TV reported a 'bit error' and stopped playback.
This is completely cured by using good old mpg format instead, though the mpg files are slightly bigger han the mp4's.
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to say, granddaughter Chloe made good use of the little DT245 amplified aerial on the Old Warden campsite this w/e,
it worked surprisingly well up in the pop-top with no breakup and no channels missed on the setup scan.
Good solid copy even in the late evening when it started raining pissistantly.
I've just been converting a few more DVDs for the USB slot, they come out around a gig each so I'm getting at least 60
full-length films on a 64gb stick. Plenty of kids films for when it rains!
Just one point on that, I've found that the mp4 files produced by 'Winxdvd Pro' fail as the DVD switches layers, so half-way
through a film the DTV905 TV reported a 'bit error' and stopped playback.
This is completely cured by using good old mpg format instead, though the mpg files are slightly bigger han the mp4's.
Cheers
Phil
I have an Ipad full of kids films for exactly this purpose, but one other thing I find useful is to download a load of stuff from Youtube as mp4 using a browser addon. Handy if the only thing that'll keep them quiet is Peppa, Spice Girls videos (yes really, she's 3!) and those American kids acting out scenes with Anna and Elsa figures :rolleyes: Oh and Horrid Henry.

@CaliforniaCamping
Thanks for info and code.... just couldn't resist!!
Ha ha .....my boss said that we would never use a TV whilst away in the van!
Now i need a good excuse as to why I have just purchased one!!! Help?

BTW.....assuming from you video that running from the invertor is good to go?

@CaliforniaCamping
Thanks for info and code.... just couldn't resist!!
Ha ha .....my boss said that we would never use a TV whilst away in the van!
Now i need a good excuse as to why I have just purchased one!!! Help?

BTW.....assuming from you video that running from the invertor is good to go?

Ha ha! I'm sure you'll find something to watch. Yeah it will work form the inverter, power wise, but the Cali inverter socket is two pin Euro style so you'll just need an adaptor which fits that's all.

Hope you find something to watch :)

Just returned from latest trip - got caught in the thunderstorms in Anglessey.
The TV arrived just in time for departure and i also got in into the van unseen.
Opened the box on Saturday ....my son and his GF were well impressed.
Picture and sound were great and even TOH was a bit impressed!!
Thoroughly recommend it.

Hi
Looking at a tv and aerial for camper van
What’s most people using, would like something 20 inc or so

Andy

We were going to have a telly in our van, we thought we'd give it a summer without to see how we got on. Never missed it & it was nice to get away from it tbh. Just sayin

We were going to have a telly in our van, we thought we'd give it a summer without to see how we got on. Never missed it & it was nice to get away from it tbh.
You're right, but my excuse is that as a recent widower the telly is a distraction, it helps keep me on the rails in the evening :)
For me its mostly catching up on films and documentaries that I dont normally have time for, rather than actual TV channels
afro.gif

And the odd game of 'Space Invaders' of course... ;)

Everyone likes a big telly but I found that a 20" TV was just too cumbersome in a small campervan, whereas the DTV905 can be permanently mounted.

Cheers
Phil

I had an Avtex and broke the screen but it wouldn't show my surf videos from SD card anyway.

Have just bought the August DTV,apparently plays videos from Sd :)

The 905 plays them from a usb memory stick but it doesnt have an SD slot...

Hi
Looking at a tv and aerial for camper van
What’s most people using, would like something 20 inc or so

Andy
We had an iPad bracket fitted and use the iPad. Download TV to watch when not on wifi but can stream if we have decent wifi. Works a treat when we want a bit of TV but tend not to miss it when away.

You're right, but my excuse is that as a recent widower the telly is a distraction, it helps keep me on the rails in the evening :)
For me its mostly catching up on films and documentaries that I dont normally have time for, rather than actual TV channels
afro.gif

And the odd game of 'Space Invaders' of course... ;)

Everyone likes a big telly but I found that a 20" TV was just too cumbersome in a small campervan, whereas the DTV905 can be permanently mounted.

Cheers
Phil
Fair point. The Avtex range seems to do everything, wide viewing angle, decent sound, plenty of size choices, built in DVD, USB, SD.

I was just wondering what TV setups you guys have?

I'm thinking of getting a TV/DVD for cosy nights in the van or for the kids. Not sure about makes, modles TV brackets, aerials etc...

Let's see what you're all using!
Cheers

Back