TV’s, their Locations and Setups.

Tv with Bluetooth capability. Sony do have this as I have one and my Bluetooth headphones connect easily with no hassle.

I also have the same TV for the van, an August DTV905, it lives permanently on the back of the drivers headrest.
I was sceptical given its small size but its really good, clear sound, clear picture, and the battery lasts ages.
It really helps when its raining and my granddaughter Chloe is in an 'I'm bored' phase ;)
The review didnt really emphasise the practicality of the USB socket - I have mine, my lads and Chloe's entire DVD collections
on a flush-mount stick permanently installed in the TV. Being flush-mount means it doesnt stick out & get caught,
and of course there are no DVDs to carry/lose/manhandle. Like most indoor whip-aerials, the one supplied is
pretty useless unless you have a very strong signal, but with a proper aerial its as sensitive as any typical TV.
August do a range of portable antennas - mine is the DTA245 amplified, better than the supplied aerial
but still no match for a proper yagi.
By chance I also have a Logic TV at home and the software is identical to the August.
Incidentally the reviewer mentions HDMI in & out - its not, its out-only.
Another thing - the external power input is 9v so dont connect it straight to your leisure battery!

View attachment 21879
I have my Sniper TV and DVD mounted in that location also. Gives another entertainment option, should the weather be bad. I am planning on hooking up my Anker or Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker to the TV, and the speaker to the centre dashboard location.

That would depend on how the head unit is powered? I don’t have the van yet so I don’t know, but most cars require the ignition to be on or at least the key turned part way, and even then the head units sometimes turn themselves off after a while. I know my BMW stereo only stays on for 10 minutes or so with the ignition off
Talk to Absolut5. They sell a kit to enable power from the leisure battery. Less than £20 also.

Which side of the van are you looking through for the tv @Shaggy1969

Great idea btw. Did you also add in a device to allow BT headphones or do you not have noisy kids?
Pictures are taken standing looking through the tailgate. TV watched from the front as I have swivels. When folded up the screen faces the floor, hence the cover.

No noisy kids so no need for Bluetooth.

Just saw this TV install @ Thistle rose convertors in Skipton

T6 TV Image.jpg

I just got a Cello. Thanks for the advice. It fitted on an arm that clamps to the worktop by the sink. Works a treat.

A394107A-DFFF-4719-9E7A-546EF17E8AE9.jpeg

E5F481F3-11AD-47B1-840C-3FF14082B26C.jpeg

BA63271D-F894-489B-AC80-A50277F87548.jpeg

49ACD4D0-A619-4BA3-AAF8-71247ADA43B6.jpeg

I just got a Cello. Thanks for the advice. It fitted on an arm that clamps to the worktop by the sink. Works a treat.

View attachment 102908

View attachment 102909

View attachment 102910

View attachment 102911
Hi ther, I have the same kitchen units as yourself and was wondering if you could tell me what model bracket you have and has it got a quick release for the tv so you can leave the bracket attached all the time? Also, does the Cello tv play all video types from usb stick?

Hi,

The bracket I got is this one: Invision PC Monitor Arm – Ergonomic Height Assisted (Gas Powered) Full Motion Single Arm Desktop Clamp Mount for 17–27” Screens Adjustable Tilt Swivel VESA 75mm & 100mm Weight 2kg to 6.5kg (MX150): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I then used this to attach the TV to the bracket so I could remove it, if necessary: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00186Q9AK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The TV has a DVD player and you can plug in a USB. Picture is great, sound is poor so I will use a bluetooth speaker.

..... Also, does the Cello tv play all video types from usb stick?
@Rickeyman. For what it's worth, I've got a Cello TV which is a couple of years old. So far as USB input goes, I've haven't yet found an MP4, AVI and MKV H264 file that it doesn't play but it will NOT read H265/HEVC files. The sound output by mine is poor and like Sim73, I use a bluetooth speaker (but not in bluetooth mode - I cable it to the TV headphone socket). That said, picture quality is very good.

@Rickeyman. For what it's worth, I've got a Cello TV which is a couple of years old. So far as USB input goes, I've haven't yet found an MP4, AVI and MKV H264 file that it doesn't play but it will NOT read H265/HEVC files. The sound output by mine is poor and like Sim73, I use a bluetooth speaker (but not in bluetooth mode - I cable it to the TV headphone socket). That said, picture quality is very good.
Thanks for that, appreciate the heads up. I was not sure whether to go with the Cello or Sniper tv.

I'm not familiar with the Sniper but I suspect that the sound would also be dodgy from that or, indeed, any other relatively small screen 'camping TV' - there's simply nowhere to put speakers of a size that could push out a decent sound (hence my preference for the separate speaker).

Has anyone mounted a flip down tv on the in a caravelle the likes of Alpine or xtrons. Also does anyone know what the xtrons are like are they any good, or should I just bite the bullet and pay for alpine?

Hi there. The Sniper has no smart capabilities but I have added a Fire stick to add all the apps of a smart tv. Sniper tv is great, brilliant picture and all the connectivity you could need. Sound is not great, as per all small tvs. Use Echo dot for improved sound.

Back