I had been watching Osram’s vehicle lighting web pages and also that of autobulbsdirect.co.uk , who stock Osram’s LEDriving full LED headlights for Golfs and Amoroks since they were first launched, hoping for T6 versions.

Eventually gave up, ordered and fitted TPHQ LED DRLs v1.
With coding, as per H7s, to keep dipped on with main and also turn off DRL with same-handed indicator I thought I was sorted.
I’m far too unlucky to risk aftermarket LED ‘bulbs’. So fitted legal +150% big brand halogens.
Although a noticeable improvement over the H4s this setup still couldn’t ‘hold a candle’ to my wife’s full LED MINI Cooper S convertible.
So, I recently emailed Osram and ABD regarding the possibility of VW T6 versions of the LEDriving headlight units.
Very polite negative response from ABD and no response from Osram.

Hence a large bill very soon and other mods delayed.
Hey Ho.

Good luck everyone else re the aftermarket full LEDs as above.
Cheers
Andy

After reading about the first 50 pages of this thread I’ve ordered the Thq V3, now I’ve finished the thread not sure I’ve done the right thing. I’m understanding that if style isn’t your main concern then V2 is probably the better choice.

Beginning to think maybe just go with OEM H7…

The light output is really important to me, we live rurally and spend a lot of time in the upper Highlands so it’s really important to have good night time vision through the mountains etc.

Confused.

After reading about the first 50 pages of this thread I’ve ordered the Thq V3, now I’ve finished the thread not sure I’ve done the right thing. I’m understanding that if style isn’t your main concern then V2 is probably the better choice.

The light output is really important to me, we live rurally and spend a lot of time in the upper Highlands so it’s really important to have good night time vision through the mountains etc.

Confused.
I’ve had both the V3 and V2 and I thought the light output was extremely good on both of them, especially compared to the H4 OEM lights.

I use the THQ LED bulbs and have never been flashed by oncoming traffic. They have never failed an MOT, in fact it was the MOT inspector that recommended them from a safety point of view. He didn’t have an issue with them as they are behind the projector lens.

I swapped from a V3 to a V2 simply because of the indicator - I think it can be seen better on the V2.

IMHO the THQ lights have a much improved aesthetic compared to the stock halogen lights.

Confused.
I had the same dilemma last month. I much prefer the cleaner look of the v3, but personally didn't like the indicator being integrated in the thin DRL strip (I love the design, not the output!), having seen them in action a few times they are fine at night, but in normal daylight they really weren't that clear to me. I ended up opting for the v2 with the LED bulb upgrade and re-coded VCDS so that the dipped stays on with the main beam, it's a transformation vs. the standard H4. TBH I am sure you'll be absolutely fine with the v3, I see lots of them about and they really do look great. I believe the main and dipped output of the v2 and v3 (with a bulb upgrade) is exactly the same, it's just the DRL set up and indicator that separate them - so you'll have no issues with night driving, it's only the indicator visibility to others in the day time that might be slightly reduced.

I had the same dilemma last month. I much prefer the cleaner look of the v3, but personally didn't like the indicator being integrated in the thin DRL strip (I love the design, not the output!), having seen them in action a few times they are fine at night, but in normal daylight they really weren't that clear to me. I ended up opting for the v2 with the LED bulb upgrade and re-coded VCDS so that the dipped stays on with the main beam, it's a transformation vs. the standard H4. TBH I am sure you'll be absolutely fine with the v3, I see lots of them about and they really do look great. I believe the main and dipped output of the v2 and v3 (with a bulb upgrade) is exactly the same, it's just the DRL set up and indicator that separate them - so you'll have no issues with night driving, it's only the indicator visibility to others in the day time that might be slightly reduced.
I'm hoping the issues have been somewhat resolved by removing the white diffuser on the LED and replacing it with a crystal one. We'll see!

Can you advise which bulbs you went with? I'll get them ordered up. Will get the coding sorted too. Thanks!

I'm hoping the issues have been somewhat resolved by removing the white diffuser on the LED and replacing it with a crystal one. We'll see!

Can you advise which bulbs you went with? I'll get them ordered up. Will get the coding sorted too. Thanks!
Good point, they might well have done.

I went with their HQ LED H7 for the dipped and the Osram Nightbreaker for the main.

These look interesting

Wow they do look good. Not seen anything like this before. Double defo for T6, not T6.1, as detailed further down in the listing.

Wow they do look good. Not seen anything like this before. Double defo for T6, not T6.1, as detailed further down in the listing.

They look like a straight knock-off of factory LEDs to me, not strictly MOT worthy but I doubt any tester will pull them up assuming the light pattern is good. I'd love to see whether the actual light is good and assess the build quality though.

They look like a straight knock-off of factory LEDs to me, not strictly MOT worthy but I doubt any tester will pull them up assuming the light pattern is good. I'd love to see whether the actual light is good and assess the build quality though.
They are an exact copy of 6.1 LEDs.

It's odd that the only pictures they show are them fitted in a 6.1, even the last photo of the 'before' is in a T6, and the 'after' is a 6.1.

I'm sorely tempted, but have same reservations as you.....

They are an exact copy of 6.1 LEDs.

It's odd that the only pictures they show are them fitted in a 6.1, even the last photo of the 'before' is in a T6, and the 'after' is a 6.1.

I'm sorely tempted, but have same reservations as you.....

Yeah, could be good but no chance I'd be the first to risk it given I can't find any mention of the brand or anything anywhere other than eBay!

Well I didn't get much sense back from them when asked for any real photos...... :rolleyes:

I don't know if I can be arsed to ask if I need T6.1 bumper, bonnet and wings too.....

1682259725734.png

I have the v3 THQ lights (with THQ LED bulbs), can anyone advise what is required to drive in France?

Back