T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've finally ordered a set of B14's for my T32 which should improve the ride and give a nice stance compared to the standard set up.

Now the long wait until I make the trip up to Transporter HQ on 4th May...

Another T32 for TransporterHQ. They did mine in about 3 hours. There is a garden centre along the road abit, and they have a cafe.

Mine is booked in on the 7th of June with Transporter HQ for B14's as well! That means I have a nice 489 mile one way journey down from Aberdeenshire to get it done:eek:

Seriously tempted with b14's. Transporterhq is just up the road from me..

I bet you were grinning like a Cheshire Cat all the way home @T6Paul , I certainly was, had mine fitted at TransportersRus for £1200 :D

i have a T32 4motion Kombi that’s coming up to 3 years old. From new I had the dealer fit OEM 30mm lowering springs and aftermarket 18” alloys. It looks OK but it pretty crashy of poor surfaces, and it’s higher at the back because I never have much weight in it

There have been lots of mentions about Bilstein B14 conversions making a big difference so I’m interested in doing the conversion but I want to understand why they work. Surely they are still springs of a certain length, I guess with more sophisticated damping, so do they really make a big difference and if so, how do they do it?

The key fact is they are fully adjustable.

I went from the same springs as you, on the same T32, to B14s. I wouldn't go as far to say they are more comfortable because mine are set on lowest, making it a hard ride. However, I would go coilovers every time, be it B14, or more likely the new Solow setup from Transporter HQ, because they are reported to be a little more comfortable at lower settings.

Consider uprated anti roll bars if your budget can stretch to them. My opinion is they work better as a whole, combined with coilovers.

So if they don’t make the ride any more comfortable what is the point, apart from looks and being able to lower the van more than 30mm? I have seen a few posts on various threads saying they made for a more comfortable ride, assuming you are taking them very low? I’m puzzled

Back