To bring the cost down is it possible to buy the B14's and use my stock shocks?

From what I'm reading if i just stick lowered springs on my T30, use my oem shocks, the ride will be better but not that great?

To bring the cost down is it possible to buy the B14's and use my stock shocks?

From what I'm reading if i just stick lowered springs on my T30, use my oem shocks, the ride will be better but not that great?
No the B14 coilover is sold as a set, shocks and springs.
I had 30mm eibach springs on standard shocks and the ride was harsh. Now I sit all the way down and find it really comfortable, but then only run 18” rims so also have plenty of bounce in the tyre wall.

I know theyre considered the best...can u get a similar package that isnt adjustable..thus cheaper?
There is a couple; take a look at van slam coilovers, don’t know anything about them personally, but about half the price of b14’s. And there is another brand called vee maxx, and they are about 1/4 of the price.
Can’t offer any endorsement of either, other than you often get what you pay for, so would stay well clear of the Vee Maxx.

I’m not the type to be cruising around Newquay in an endless loop so I must admit I don’t understand the quest for going lower. Living in the South West I need as much ground clearance as possible with the state of the lanes and occasional need to drive over kerbs to fit past parked cars.
I can throw my stock SWB T32 camper into a roundabout and so far it’s always come out the other side with a bit of body roll.....it’s a van with a high centre of gravity so no surprises.

I’m not the type to be cruising around Newquay in an endless loop so I must admit I don’t understand the quest for going lower. Living in the South West I need as much ground clearance as possible with the state of the lanes and occasional need to drive over kerbs to fit past parked cars.
I can throw my stock SWB T32 camper into a roundabout and so far it’s always come out the other side with a bit of body roll.....it’s a van with a high centre of gravity so no surprises.
I'm about 15mm off the bottom of B14s and have no problem with ground clearance on the rutted rural roads where I live, or on fields and campsites. Mine is for handling only, I'm a function over form person.

Looks better than the cheaper ones..but if i bought and fitted them..id always have a wee voice in the back of my head asking " i wonder wot the b14 would feel like" may as well suck it up and save for another month and get the better gear.

Not sure if its been covered elsewhere but going to get some conversion work done shortly, would the B14's be better done firstly, after or doesn't matter

Thanks

I've had a T5 on 30mm and 40mm springs and now my T32 T6 sits on B14's and 20" wheels.
I would say that the B14's are hands-down the best thing I've put on this van. The cornering and road-holding are superb. Mine is low enough for the tyre to hit the inner wing at the front when in dips, so I'm going to lift it by 10mm but otherwise it's definitely more comfortable than the T5 on lowering springs. I was advised that I didn't need ARB upgrade either, as the T32 already has a strong-enough one fitted. All in I would recommend B14's.

ps I run 18's with winter tyres as well and the comfort level increases.

Not sure if its been covered elsewhere but going to get some conversion work done shortly, would the B14's be better done firstly, after or doesn't matter

Thanks
I would suggest afterwards as the weight distribution may change. If you are happy adjusting them then no difference either way really.

Some options if on a budget. Especially if there is weight in the back or a levelling issues. B8 strut length drops 10mm using standard springs. Also, what about Caravelle Exec springs on a T32. I'm led to believe these are 20mm lower than T32 Shuttle SE springs. Which in turn are 20mm lower than a standard T32 PV. (According to height figures given in the VW T6 variant brochures).

VW T5 T6 Bilstein B8 Sport Front Shock Absorbers - Inc T32 - Vanstyle

VW T5 T6 Bilstein B8 Sport Shock Absorbers KIT - Inc T32 - Vanstyle

Eibach 35-40mm Adjustable Lowering Springs - Sport Comfort | T5 / T6 Lowering Springs | Transporter HQ

Back