G'day from Australia's Sunshine Coast!

He's been on order since October ... and on Friday I finally picked up my shiny new T6.1!

There's a very long shopping list of stuff to do to get him ready for beach trips and outback cruising, but for now he's a pretty standard LWB 4Motion Comfortline. With a few options ticked; LED lights, diff-lock, hill descent, second battery, fog lights, tints, tow hitch, trailer brake controller, and a very expensive table (for some reason).

Hoping to benefit from all your combined wisdom here. So, thanks for having me!

176087085_10158653785214678_259898265797867527_n.jpg

G'day from Australia's Sunshine Coast!

He's been on order since October ... and on Friday I finally picked up my shiny new T6.1!

There's a very long shopping list of stuff to do to get him ready for beach trips and outback cruising, but for now he's a pretty standard LWB 4Motion Comfortline. With a few options ticked; LED lights, diff-lock, hill descent, second battery, fog lights, tints, tow hitch, trailer brake controller, and a very expensive table (for some reason).

Hoping to benefit from all your combined wisdom here. So, thanks for having me!

View attachment 113686
Wow love this colour, when we ordered ours it was between this colour, pure grey or Bayleaf green. Ended up going Bayleaf green whenever it turns up sometime in the next 5 years.

Hi Everyone,
This is John and Janice in the state of Victoria, Australia. We've recently purchased a T6 Camper and are very happy with it. It's had a good conversion and we're looking forward to exploring our amazing country. In the meantime I hope to install an awning - already purchased - and a flat solar panel on the roof. I'll give you all a running account of the process if any of you are thinking of doing the same.
However, first things first. I'm about to fit the brackets for the awning and have found the blanking bolts for same in the roof rail under the pop top. I began to unscrew one of the hex bolts and, being the cautious chap I am, and feeling it a little loose before I completely removed the bolt, and fearing that the thread might drop off the end of the bolt and into the cavity, I screwed it up again. Was my fear well-placed - I think not - or is there something I don't know? Can I safely unscrew the bolts without losing some threaded component inside the cavity?
Thanks for any replies, and stay posted as I share anything else in future. Cheers, John

Hi Everyone,
This is John and Janice in the state of Victoria, Australia. We've recently purchased a T6 Camper and are very happy with it. It's had a good conversion and we're looking forward to exploring our amazing country. In the meantime I hope to install an awning - already purchased - and a flat solar panel on the roof. I'll give you all a running account of the process if any of you are thinking of doing the same.
However, first things first. I'm about to fit the brackets for the awning and have found the blanking bolts for same in the roof rail under the pop top. I began to unscrew one of the hex bolts and, being the cautious chap I am, and feeling it a little loose before I completely removed the bolt, and fearing that the thread might drop off the end of the bolt and into the cavity, I screwed it up again. Was my fear well-placed - I think not - or is there something I don't know? Can I safely unscrew the bolts without losing some threaded component inside the cavity?
Thanks for any replies, and stay posted as I share anything else in future. Cheers, John
Hey hiya Gratz on your purchase, also if you mean the plastic bolts in the roof gulley i took mine out to attach roof rails and yes they just come out no nut underneath, so just unscrew them :thumbsup:

G'day all, thought I'd best sign up as forum links keep coming up when I'm searching for things regarding my new to me crewvan. Nice to virtually meet you all!

G'day mate...welcome to the Forum. Got any pics of your crewvan? Where abouts in Oz are you? :cool:

G'day mate...welcome to the Forum. Got any pics of your crewvan? Where abouts in Oz are you? :cool:
I haven't taken any pics yet, got put straight to work carting stuff around. I'll get onto that soon, promise :D

Am a couple hours north of Sydney, supposed to be fine tomorrow so maybe I'll get some pics then

Reactions: CAB
G’day everyone. We’re from Brisbane Aus and have owned our T6 Trakkadu AT (www.trakka.com.au) since November ‘19. We’d previously owned a large off-road caravan towed with TTV8 Toyota Land Cruiser. We’ve traversed Oz several times, both around the perimeter on bitumen and through the centre on gravel/sand/bull dust. Whilst we’ve obviously sacrificed some creature comforts, we love our camper. We recently did an off-road course specific to our Trakkadu AT’s and are confident this version with 4Motion, diff-locker and Seikel suspension lift will take us anywhere we want to go. Trakka have been converting VW’s since 1973 so really know their stuff.

Hello everyone. Introducing myself from Brisbane, Australia. Ordered a T6.1 July last year expecting it to arrive November. It showed up in May this year and is now with a conversion shop at Coolum on our Sunshine Coast. Three weeks away from Vanlife for us. Am publishing progress Our VW Transporter T6.1 camper conversion - LiteKamper and will be seeking some wheel advice. Regards Paul

Well we went with frontline best thing we did, been on the road a well VW all motion takes us most places..not an issue however we find the full top roof lift up the best for more room

4A3C1135-0AEB-4AB6-9475-EF493737205B.jpeg

Hi All, after dreaming for a long time (apparently I've had this account for a few years!), a storm totalled my Amarok as a result I'm very recently the proud owner of a T6 4motion (ex speed van from Canberra, giving it a new life away from its sordid past of revenue raising). Not going full camper conversion, it's mainly going to be in support of surfing/snowboarding/skating/mountain biking adventures. Currently looking at just how modular/reconfigurable I can get this thing :)

Hi all. I've just purchased a 2018 T6,
LWB Transporter
4MOTION
locking diff
TDI450
Roo bar
Tow bar
Roof racks
18inch alloys ( maybe not so good for outback roads)
I'll be converting it into a camper for some touring in Australia.
Hope to find tips and tricks, suppliers and recommendations re. the conversion.
Cheers, Robert

Back