Hello all. This is going to be a Buy/Sell/Conversion post

FindMySelf

VIP Member
Hello to everyone,

I have been watching the forum a lot over the last half a year to which i finally made an account a couple of months back. I've now paid for the membership as i believe the information on here alone is worth tenfold that.

I just want to start by saying what an amazing team of people here! I'd highlight names but it seems many have shared much of their experiences that's helped newbies such as my self. So thank you to you all. My names Barry by the way:waving:.

So i have a 2022 T30 LWB manual Candy white startline panel van with barn doors, which has delivery mileage and has been sat in my warehouse for the last year doing absolutely nothing. Primarily, due to the specs, it isn't quite what i desire or want. I was realistically looking for DSG Ravenna blue with all the mods, ie led lights, heated seats, rear heated window with wiper and auto dimmable center and side mirrors. But this current van is on 5.5% apr and the rates are errr challenging. My toss up is either paying a huge difference to obtain the DSG or i use the funds to upgrade this one to an hell of a spec, I've decided to suffer the manual and learn with my fitter to try and accomplish the upgrades/installs I've read here. I'm just leaving the motor trade, hence why the vans just sat there.

The camper in progress is being design for off grid purposes. So it'll need some big antenna's to draw in cellular signal, hot water facilities with shower and as many water tanks as able to be fitted on the underside with out loss of the spare wheel. I plan on adding two roamer batteries to compensate the electrical load as I will also be video editing from here. This is to aid in my next path in videography/drone capturing/mental health support for people in need.

I've a list below that I'm purchasing but will also selling from upgraded components. I'm kind of hoping someone may be selling some of it before i start opening my wallet to companies that want more. So here goes...

Conversion listRecommendations/Anyone selling any
Skylow Pop top25mm height with key lockdown and aerial to be moved to the back.
Front Led Light upgradeBeen reading - T6.1 OEM LED Headlight retrofit

But i couldn't find a T6.1 Halogen - T6.1 Led conversion. Any help here? I've been in-touch with F-Roger i believe it was that made the harness for T6-T6.1. But if there is a retrofit. Send it my way please ^^. Someone also mentioned about LHDrive LED lamps operate differently from RHDrive?
Front Aftermarket LED upgradeI've seen THQ ones but people here have mentioned they're no where near as bright as the OEM LED?
Kitchen + Rocknroll/Rib Bed + UpolsteringWe do have a supplier for around 3300 odd excluding Rib. I would be open to other places or anyone selling?
Air Fryer + Microwave ConvectionFacebook market
Fridge + HobFacebook market
Battery monitorAny brand recommendation?
Mini Aircon unit (Ignore)
Wifi-booster + aerialAny recommendations
SoundsystemI must have a sound system. So front end upgrade. I want to try fit a 10inch minimum or a 12 somewhere(potentially on a rib bed front board maybe) with two more speakers and tweeters for the rear.
Bolted in SafeIgnore (i have a potential location)
Ghost alarmA must. I've been quoted around £400.
lithium roamer batteries - 230 Seatbase 3 or the big 460ahI'm looking at 2 x Roamer under seat batteries totalling 460AH. Anyone got any they don't need as these are not cheap?! I have another 80AH battery spare also. Roamer lithium battery in sick seat base install. Has anyone found a tidy place to install the single 460ah? 200x500 roughly. Its pretty large
2500-3000w inverterAny recommended brands?
Shower with pump and curtainI've seen many water heaters so ill see what people here thinks best suited for the small space i have.
Additional water tank 60/70ltrWraps around the spare wheel although i have seen some that are opposite side of fuel tank. I may apply both. One drinking water and one shower. With another small one for waste with an external deposit tap.
Airflow fansCirculation, im not a smelly human but i do not like smelling my self :eek:. I'm thinking one entrance in around the bulkhead and another at the rear underneath that draws from the top. Good for hot climates.
MOSFET switchs
Seat changeI currently have 1+2 in the front in double black grid. Driver has manual adjusting lumber/bolster. Need to change the twin for a single. Also need both swivel components.
Seat heat matt element install - OptionalI've been reading the retro fit thread. Pauly/Dell touched base on this. Retro fitting heated seats
Fire extinguishersSafety comes first
240v Plug in and supplyI haven't researched this. Apparently you can get one to stick on the VW Badge nose?
Solar panelsI've been reading Dells Solar thread. Absolutely brilliant. Should be more than enough information needed.
Roof barsAny one got any?
Wheels/Tyres. Tuft torque/Fuel vaper??I'm going to aim for a larger profile. I'm not really for the swamper vibe although I'm aware for my expedition it would be wise. So my idea is 16/17 inch rims with at least 50 profile. European roads can be like falling in a canyon. Offroad tyre side walls are around 5x thicker so i'll need to keep an eye on this.
AwningsBeen told to not avoid this
Leighton stylingLV-R styling all around (which wouldn't suit a swamper look imo)
Vehicle wrapVehicle will have a complete change of colour. Samples are arriving any day.
Towbox V3 in blackSome people seem to be able to open their tail gate, others not. I can only presume that some of the tow bar attachments sits a little further from the towbar mount?
Barndoor to tail gate conversion which includes:
heated window, wiper+motor, rear LEDs.
I've been offered the whole conversion with rear led lights for 1900 inc VAT. Worth it? I'm going off this thread if correct.
Wing mirrorsI'd really like them auto dimmable. I love my eyes. I want to keep them. But I haven't found a particular topic on here on a retrofit. Is it easier to install the folding wing components?
Front parking sensorsRetrofit via this guide T6.1 Retrofit Front Sensors Only?
Aerial + Wifi BoosterA must, as i will be very far out from civilisation at times. So something juicy. May see me waving from the moon ya know?:waving:
For sale
Some pending upgrade installation
Front and rear bumpers.Rear has reverse sensors, the front does not.
Front halogen lampsPending front LED upgrade
Rear barn door lamps
VW audio sound systempossibly head unit also
A set of barndoors with tinted windows
1 + 2 Double grid black seats.
It may only be the twin for sale if i can find a suitable passenger captain.
The drivers side has manual bolster/lumber adjustment
New VW Transporter T6.1 Front grill with badge. 853.653/651
VW Transporter T6.1 Front reg plate moulding for highline models 7LA 853 678.B.
Used VW Transporter T6 Front damper & springs 7E5.413.031 H.Removed from a 12k van
Used VW Transporter T6 rear damper & springs 7E5.413.031 H.
Removed from a 12k van
2 x Volkswagen Transporter. Van bulkheads2 x Sets
Volkswagen Transporter T.6 bulkhead used.

List will update the list as I go as I know I'm missing bits. I'm adding for my own reference also of where to follow what guide for particular installs/retrofits

For anyone that's made it past that list and down here with me then well-done and thank you!

I'm aware that many of these ideas will require time and coding. I have done so much reading to the point my heads a little overwhelmed and now struggling to retain what I've read. I'm now not entirely sure what T6 components fits T6.1s. The vans located in South Wales between Cardiff and Bristol. I currently have a very good handy man that's helped me do 3 conversions already during Covid. But we do not have tools or knowledge for some of the conversions listed here.

If anyone is breaking a camper or has any of these components for sale, then id rather help the community here than feed other companies. Any input or suggested is sorely sought after. I will get pictures up of the van and document as much as possible to share here and problem solve.

This van once complete and its colour change should be extremely appealing and suited for some of shots i plan to capture with it. Thanks again!

Regards
B

Moderator - Feel free to move this post where suited.

Last edited:
Back