Yes ticked "measuring values" and just did a search for the blockpmap file but I don't have one.
Ah, I see - indeed that's because your VCDS interface doesn't fully support this module's (fairly recent) UDS protocol == [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]

Well, perhaps would be worth to try coding with current generation interface (HEX-V2, or HEX-NET.

This old interface have been verified not to be capable of coding T6 engine controller (also using UDS protocol).

Ah, I see - indeed that's because your VCDS interface doesn't fully support this module's (fairly recent) UDS protocol == [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]

Well, perhaps would be worth to try coding with current generation interface (HEX-V2, or HEX-NET.

This old interface have been verified not to be capable of coding T6 engine controller (also using UDS protocol).
Currently on Hex-v2, is HEX-NET any different?
Or is is best to just get it updated?
What is the UDS protocol?
*edit
I have done the latest update but it would appear as you can see in the picture it is maybe the lead that is out of date!?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mmi
Currently on Hex-v2, is HEX-NET any different?
Or is is best to just get it updated?
What is the UDS protocol?
*edit
I have done the latest update but it would appear as you can see in the picture it is maybe the lead that is out of date!?
I'm afraid the HEX-V2 you have is a clone of old VCDS dongle. The serial H11-025771 is a known fake. Also the failure to create the blockmap is a definite indication.

UDS is just one of the ways to communicate over CANbus.

HEX-NET is wireless version, otherwise same capabilities as HEX-V2.

Hi all I’ve been a member for a while but haven’t done many posts more for information really and great information it is I’ve been doing a t6 conversion from a t5.1 for about 2 years on and of now I’ve come to the led headlight conversion I’ve got the lights in with the modules etc now I’ve come to the self levelling I purchased the complete kit from kufatec with the headlight adapters etc fitting the levellers not a problem and can see two sets of 4 wires go to them it’s the rest of where do they go I’ve been on the treads about it I can’t see much about it or missed it electrical isn’t one of my strong points but will try any help much appreciated

Kit I purchased - KUFATEC

I can get pictures of the loom/harness if needed.

Thanks

Hi all I’ve been a member for a while but haven’t done many posts more for information really and great information it is I’ve been doing a t6 conversion from a t5.1 for about 2 years on and of now I’ve come to the led headlight conversion I’ve got the lights in with the modules etc now I’ve come to the self levelling I purchased the complete kit from kufatec with the headlight adapters etc fitting the levellers not a problem and can see two sets of 4 wires go to them it’s the rest of where do they go I’ve been on the treads about it I can’t see much about it or missed it electrical isn’t one of my strong points but will try any help much appreciated

Kit I purchased - KUFATEC

I can get pictures of the loom/harness if needed.

Thanks
If you go back to this post most of it is listed from there.
You should see wiring diagrams.

Not a lot of info to go on here !

You are fitting this to a T5.1 ?
Are they T6 headlights ?
Have you fitted a T6 BCM ?

Never seen a kufatec kit so dont know how they do it
Are your headlights connected, are they working, is it just the levelling you are doing know ?

Give us the info of what you have got, what you have done, what you havent done etc etc and we can prob offer more specific advice

Quick one guys.
Have gone on my usual European trip, when I landed in France I switch to the LEDs over to travel mode, they seemed to adjust as they should.
I have my laptop here so and plugged Vcds in to see this fault come up.
Sorry I had to take a picture on mobile phone as a laptop has no Internet yet. As soon as I clear this code it instantly comes back and I can hear the headlights self adjusting.
So turned off travel mode, cleared the codes and they stay erased.
Turned travel mode back on and code straight back again.
Any ideas??

19A5CABB-D56B-4B4D-B43C-C606B711A121.jpeg

Hi Guys!

It's 55 pages of responses so apologies if I ask the question that was already answered...

I've got H7 Headlights on my 2017 California Ocean and I'm considering upgrading to genuine LED headlights.

Would the replacement fit my vehicle? Are there any issues I might be expecting?

Many thanks and regards,
Lakis

Hi Guys!

It's 55 pages of responses so apologies if I ask the question that was already answered...

I've got H7 Headlights on my 2017 California Ocean and I'm considering upgrading to genuine LED headlights.

Would the replacement fit my vehicle? Are there any issues I might be expecting?

Many thanks and regards,
Lakis
They will physically bolt straight in, however will need additional wiring and coding changes. Also if you want to do the job completely, you'll need to consider auto levelling and headlight washers as well.

Hi Guys!

Many thanks and regards,
Lakis

They don't come cheap. You might have to ask yourself how bad are the H7's really? Atleast they are not the single candle powered H4's that were on the standard T6's

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

Many thanks and regards,
Lakis

It’s one of the best upgrade, if not the best. Massive improvement in poor visibility conditions. Including fog.
If you don’t drive when it’s dark, of course it’s wasted money

They don't come cheap. You might have to ask yourself how bad are the H7's really? Atleast they are not the single candle powered H4's that were on the standard T6's
The link refers to T6.1 LED retrofit,
which is being discussed below.

This thread is about T6 LED retrofit :whistle:

The link refers to T6.1 LED retrofit,
which is being discussed below.

This thread is about T6 LED retrofit :whistle:
Well spotted, link amended!

I retrofitted LED headlights to my Polo 6R many years ago with the 7E0 BCM. Over the years I had several BCMs in relation to further retrofits like direct TPMS, A5 cam, driver alert. I used a BCM from the Russian Polo 6R sedan, which comes from factory with LED headlights with the same headlight modules as the T6.

Often I had either a DTC in the BCM for low and/or high beams or even a high beam that went off (high beams via T73a/b /1 BCM control).
Some weeks ago I was able to fix the issue with the VCP BCM25 programmer:

1L0MhEY.png

Perhaps it is of help to anyone.

Thanks Michel for posting this.

I also had this issue.
Since I did my LED retrofit, I had random DTCs in my BCM regarding low/high beam "Open or Short to Plus".
These fault codes would show up kind of randomly.
Sometimes low beam and/or high beam. Sometimes just one side, the other time both.
Though, both LED lamps always worked 100% correctly when controlled manually via stalk.

But when I would use HBA, after few automatic low/high beam switch over cycles,
one of my high beams would go OFF permanently.
To get it back to work, an ignition OFF/ON cycle was required.

I have increased my both parameters from 130 to 140
and now my high beams(both) behave 100% as expected when HBA is in use :thumbsup:.
Fault codes related to low beams are also gone.

By the way, I am curious why you use your VCP in "the different" language?

I was just posting an image by the guy that made the discovery. He's russian I believe. A lot of research on the pq25 platform is still done in Russia on the Polo sedan and the Skoda rapid sibling.

Back