T6.1 LED sequential - REAR LIGHTS UPGRADE (Barn Doors) -- How I Done It --

Sorry to open an old post, but have just changed the drl in my t6 2018 from h4 (will change back for mot) to led.
Hated the orange look and replaced with twenty20 382 led bulbs.
All good.
However, thought I could do the same for the reversing light (torch more like) as can't see anything with the standard bulb.
But the led bulb won't fit in the bayonet fitting.
Am I being dumb?.....yes
Can someone please help me and point in the right direction so I can take off the whole light unit again but this time with success!!
Thanks
Sue

Looks like it's a P21 type lamp so it should fit but that's what I've just found after scanning some adverts on the web so probably utter boz wellox, have you tried brute force yet?

In all fairness it doesn't take long to get the lamp assembly off the van but I agree it's a bit poop inducing!
On my drivers side lamp assembly one of the tail lamp bulbs intermittently stops working due to the crap conductivity of the galvanised steel tracks to the bulb holders so I'm getting quite quick at removing the light fitting.
With your halogen lamp and the new led replacement side by side you should be able to compare the pin positions easily just in case the led base has offset pins instead of being straight opposite each other.

Rereading your first post and you mention H4, it is the DRL lamp you've changed and not the actual H4 main/dipped lamp that you've changed?

I've changed the drl to led with no issues and was hoping same bulb would fit for the reverse light but it's a no no. So trying to find bulb replacement etc

Back