Wow. This is a wealth of info @mmi. Thank you for taking time to put this together. I will try a few things based on the above and report back,

Now… how to avoid the growing list of DIY/house jobs my wife has planned for me..? :rolleyes:

Reactions: mmi
Hi - hope you've all had a nice weekend...

Managed to do some testing over the weekend with the notes @mmi kindly posted, where the BCM settings are compared with other vans with LEDs.

To complicate matters further - I have also now installed OEM rear LED taillights (*Note T6 versions, not T6.1).

The addition of the new rear lights triggered the bulb warning light on the dash - despite them working perfectly and with no bulbs out across the entire vehicle. At first I thought it might be the settings in Byte 16, but after trying 'C0', 'C2' and 'D0' Hex - the bulb warning light remained.

However, after reading another thread where another member had a similar issue, I made some changes to Byte 27 - as recommended in this post and this did clear the bulb warning light.

So, on with the problem in hand - the short/open faults for hi and low beam...

The first thing I tried was cross-checking @mmi 's comparison chart for other vehicles with LED headlights, to look for any big differences with my current settings. After numerous attempts to mirror the settings of the two vehicles provided, I am still getting the same 4x fault code upon scanning.

Even the settings that were highlighted as being suspect (i.e. my van has, but the other two examples don't) - had no effect when tried:

Screenshot 2022-04-18 204728.png

Screenshot 2022-04-18 204907.png

I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that these faults codes are simply here for good... they don't throw up the bulb warning on the dash, and my headlights appear to be working perfectly, so It's something I can live with, but my inner OCD is telling me otherwise!

There are examples of other members in this thread that have had the same error code(s) (albeit some with less) and not being able to shift them (see here) and have learned to 'live with' the codes with no ill effect on the lights and/or electrical system.

@Martin Gibson , @The Van Cave - do you still get hi or low beam - open or short fault codes with your LED retrofit?

As requested @mmi, here's my adaptation scan for 09 Central Electrics, plus a latest VCDS Autoscan of all modules.

Thanks again for your time... the quest for fault free headlights continues!

Attachments

• adpmap-09-7E0-937-090-D_WV1ZZZ7HZKH043909-20220418-2029.CSV
    8.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZKH043909-20220418-2027-26610km-16534mi.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
As requested @mmi, here's my adaptation scan for 09 Central Electrics, plus a latest VCDS Autoscan of all modules.

Thanks again for your time... the quest for fault free headlights continues!

Thanks - please change BCM adaptation channel 55 to "0"

09 - Cent. Electrics > Adaptation > Channel 55 (click Read) > New value > 0 (click Test to see the value is accepted) (click Save)

Thanks - please change BCM adaptation channel 55 to "0"

09 - Cent. Electrics > Adaptation > Channel 55 (click Read) > New value > 0 (click Test to see the value is accepted) (click Save)

Thanks mmi - I’m away from the van this evening so will try this tomorrow…

What is the significance of ‘Channel 55’? Is it related to the Range Control Module?

Or, is ‘Address 55’ (RCM) in the installation list, not related to ‘Channel 55’ in 09 Central Electric’s Adaptations?

Apologies for all the questions - just trying learn as much as I can from your expertise!

Cheers

Last edited:
What is the significance of ‘Channel 55’? Is it related to the Range Control Module?

Or, is ‘Address 55’ (RCM) in the installation list, not related to ‘Channel 55’ in 09 Central Electric’s Adaptations?

Controller 55 as such is not related to adaptation channel 55. The numbering here is just a coincidence.

T6 BCM is a bit strange combination of coding and adaptation channels - some configuration "bits" are reflected in both and can be altered either by changing coding or by changing adaptation.

VCDS suggests adaptation channel 55 is related to lamp diagnostics. The explanation will be visible when at the channel by VCDS, as well as in the Excel sheet in here https://www.t6forum.com/threads/vcds-code-list.10189/post-234830 However, the explanations are not always correct, or not applicable to all configurations.

Anyways, the reasoning to try the channel 55:
All the T6 adaptation maps I have with OEM LED headlights (6 pcs), all have value "0" in channel 55 - on the contrary, maps from T6 with H4/H7 headlights are set to "1"​

Anyways, the reasoning to try the channel 55:
All the T6 adaptation maps I have with OEM LED headlights (6 pcs), all have value "0" in channel 55 - on the contrary, maps from T6 with H4/H7 headlights are set to "1"
Perfect - thanks for explaining that… I’ll try a ‘0’ in Adaptation Channel 55 when I get home this evening.

Update -

So, this evening I managed to set Adaptation Channel 55 to '0' as per your suggestion @mmi.

Initially, the results looked positive... after changing the value to '0', I removed the key from the ignition, restarted the engine and ran another scan - result... no faults. However when I tried moving the headlight dial from 'AUTO' to dipped beam, the bulb warning light immediately appeared on the dash and guess what? - the same 4x faults are back!

As a test, I changed the 55 adaptation value back to '1' to see if the bulb warning light would turn off, and sure enough, it did, but the faults remained.

Interestingly, the VCDS pop-up tip states that '1' in the adaptation channel apparently means the lamp diagnostics is inactive/OFF.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 191257.png

So close, but no cigar... the search continues...

Last edited:
close, but no cigar... the search continues...
Desperate times...

Re the codings and adaptations:
There has been cases which actually have not been accepted by the BCM until battery had been disconnected for a few minutes...

E.g.

Re the codings and adaptations:
There has been cases which actually have not been accepted by the BCM until battery had been disconnected for a few minutes...

Hmmm? I guess this could be the case… but I did seem to get a reaction from the adaptation change - i.e. the bulb warning light on dash, and conversely, the warning light switching off when I changed it back.

I’m ready to admit defeat on these error codes and just live with them… but many thanks for all the suggestions/tips you have provided so far - much appreciated!

Thanks

Hmmm? I guess this could be the case… but I did seem to get a reaction from the adaptation change - i.e. the bulb warning light on dash, and conversely, the warning light switching off when I changed it back.
I'm thinking more the earlier coding changes... :unsure:

I'm thinking more the earlier coding changes...
Yes, the thought has crossed my mind too… especially when trying to mirror the settings of other vehicles in the comparison chart you provided.

Well Im still to get a range control module (6R0907357C) coded for this, have one here from a Passat.
Had a mate set the headlights for me and been driving around with them working fine ever since.
This module does show the parametrization data so should be good to put the dataset on it, does anyone know the file I need to do this?
Apparently its an .FRF or .SGO file?
@Pauly @mmi @Robert

FRF and SGO are flash files.
Data sets are kept under ZDC(for VCP) or XML(for ODIS).
Parameterization is only a concern for the owner of a brand new "virgin" module.
Any second hand unit can be adjusted to match T6 via adaptation channels with VCDS as per below.

FRF and SGO are flash files.
Data sets are kept under ZDC(for VCP) or XML(for ODIS).
Parameterization is only a concern for the owner of a brand new "virgin" module.
Any second hand unit can be adjusted to match T6 via adaptation channels with VCDS as per below.

VCDS wouldn't let me do it, kept getting error codes, apparently because of wrong software on module??1650975476468.png

Please post module 55 section of VCDS Scan.
What's in the Advanced ID of the module?
1650985048430.png

Please post module 55 section of VCDS Scan.
What's in the Advanced ID of the module?
View attachment 154518
Code:
Tuesday,26,April,2022,16:56:21:00009
VCDS Version: Release 21.3.0 (x64)
                Address 55: Headlight Range
Control Module Part Number: 6R0 907 357 C
  Component and/or Version: AFS-ECU       005 0050
           Software Coding: 0000000000000000
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
                      VCID: 3A7B87EFBD5F905BCD-806E

Advanced Identification/FAZIT
     Serial number: --------------
     Identification: AGD-071
     Revision: --------
     Date: 13.06.19
     Manufacturer number: 0006
     Test stand number: 5158
Flash Status
     Programming Attempts(application): 0/0
     Successful Attempts(application): 0/0
     Programming Attempts(data): 1
     Successful Attempts(data): 1
     Programming Status: 00000000
     Flash Date: 00.00.00
     Flash Tool Code(data): 00001 001 04940
Misc.
     Hardware number: 6R0 907 357 B
     Workshop System Name: J431
     Equipment/PR Code: 00000000005A3039FFFFFFFF
     Dataset Number: v036000560D
     Dataset Version: 0005
     End of Line Equipment Level: 036-008U-037-0I09-
     ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulVWLWRCC
     ASAM Dataset Revision: 002006
Car Info
     Chassis Number: -----------------
     Engine code: ----
VCDS Info:
       Labels: 6R0-907-357.clb
       ROD: EV_HeadlRegulVWLWRCC.rod

Last edited:
Ahhh.... a flashback
Dataset Number: v036000560D
Dataset Version: 0005
In there is a parameter set - not a T6 though... (would be V03600097E0 Version: 0001)... but shouldn't matter :unsure:

* And I’ve just noticed looking through that that the hardware number is 6R0907357’B’
Is that the issue?
Mine is the same - the "B".

Could you please record controller channel maps of the module - juat to verify the module communicates pretty much the same as T6.

VCDS > Applications > Controller channel map >
1650990663389.png
The result files adpmap-xxxxxxx....CSV and blockpmap-xxxxxxx....CSV will be in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

May be far-fetched but updating VCDS to latest version 22.3.1 won't hurt - there was a bug fix to a certain coding hiccup.

Ahhh.... a flashback

In there is a parameter set - not a T6 though... (would be V03600097E0 Version: 0001)... but shouldn't matter :unsure:

Mine is the same - the "B".

Could you please record controller channel maps of the module - juat to verify the module communicates pretty much the same as T6.

VCDS > Applications > Controller channel map >
View attachment 154534
The result files adpmap-xxxxxxx....CSV and blockpmap-xxxxxxx....CSV will be in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

May be far-fetched but updating VCDS to latest version 22.3.1 won't hurt - there was a bug fix to a certain coding hiccup.
Set as shown above but I only got the one adpmap file.?
B7F19B3D-03AA-4861-9B15-238173AD92B1.jpeg

56A7C76A-35AD-4839-8AAC-27B5EDFEE642.jpeg

Last edited:
I only got the one adpmap file.?
Yes, another should be blockmap.... Did you tick the "Measuring values"?
Please copy the files here by using "Attach files" button below.
1650992766370.png

Any faults in module-55?

Yes, another should be blockmap.... Did you tick the "Measuring values"?
Please copy the files here by using "Attach files" button below.
View attachment 154537

Any faults in module-55?
Yes ticked "measuring values" and just did a search for the blockpmap file but I don't have one.
faults:
Code:
Tuesday,26,April,2022,18:16:28:00009
VCDS Version: Release 21.3.0 (x64) Running on Windows 8.1 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 55: Headlight Range       Labels: 6R0-907-357.clb
Control Module Part Number: 6R0 907 357 C    HW: 6R0 907 357 B
  Component and/or Version: AFS-ECU       005 0050
           Software Coding: 0000000000000000
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000
              ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulVWLWRCC 002006 (VN75)
                       ROD: EV_HeadlRegulVWLWRCC.rod
2 Faults Found:

5275220 - Headlight
          C107E 54 [137] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 1
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 222
                    Mileage: 71078 km
                    Date: 2056.14.23
                    Time: 17:21:03

13636352 - Control module not coded
          U1013 00 [137] - -
          [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
          MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 1
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 222
                    Mileage: 71078 km
                    Date: 2056.14.23
                    Time: 17:21:03

Back