I also have a major hardware problem, the NS headlight, which itself is a replacement for one that arrived damaged in the post, is faulty! The low beam LED projector is loose inside the headlight! I hadn't noticed until after it was fitted, but it's no good so that'll need to go back to the seller! 3rd time lucky hopefully, maybe I'll buy brand new this time. Anyway, van's now going to be off the road for a few days whilst I source a new headlight
Don't worry you will get it sorted.
When I bought my LED headlamps from UK to be delivered to Ireland, supplier sent me 2 LHS units and not pair! It was such a huge disappointment and then a lot of hassle and stress when sending one back!

Reactions: mmi
Don't worry you will get it sorted.
When I bought my LED headlamps from UK to be delivered to Ireland, supplier sent me 2 LHS units and not pair! It was such a huge disappointment and then a lot of hassle and stress when sending one back!
I hope so. The first damaged one I have had a refund for, but I’m still involved helping the seller claim their compensation from the courier. I didn’t expect 2 in a row from different sellers to both have problems, but it’s not the end of the world, just a few more days before I can use the van.

Found a loom whilst doing this work, it wasn't connected to anything and there didn't seem to be anything to connect it to so I just removed it. It was clipped in across the front bumper support bar and the 2 similar plugs were cable tied to either end of the front crash structure. Any ideas what it's for? Is it for headlight washer jets? That doesn't make much sense to me because my bumper doesn't have cut outs, the standard headlights were H4 and my washer bottle is the standard white one, but I can't think what else it's for.

IMG_3855.jpg IMG_3857.jpg IMG_3858.jpg

I currently have a LHS and am keeping my eye out for a RHS, tested my LHS on my mates van and all works ok so just playing the waiting game. Never intended to do this mod but after poor offer from dealer I’m up for doing a few mods and keeping it a while longer

I currently have a LHS and am keeping my eye out for a RHS, tested my LHS on my mates van and all works ok so just playing the waiting game. Never intended to do this mod but after poor offer from dealer I’m up for doing a few mods and keeping it a while longer

I got my RHS new from car parts 4 less, I’m struggling to get a LHS for anywhere near the price I paid but they can’t get hold of the LHS despite giving them all the part numbers...

Found a loom whilst doing this work, it wasn't connected to anything and there didn't seem to be anything to connect it to so I just removed it. It was clipped in across the front bumper support bar and the 2 similar plugs were cable tied to either end of the front crash structure. Any ideas what it's for? Is it for headlight washer jets? That doesn't make much sense to me because my bumper doesn't have cut outs, the standard headlights were H4 and my washer bottle is the standard white one, but I can't think what else it's for.

View attachment 59039 View attachment 59040 View attachment 59041

That looks like the cable that runs between the aftermarket DRL lights that fit in the either end of middle grill ? Its what plugs into each lamps and a control box.

T6 DRL Kit

That looks like the cable that runs between the aftermarket DRL lights that fit in the either end of middle grill ? Its what plugs into each lamps and a control box.
Ah, could be. I removed after market DRL lights (THQ V2) but that loom wasn’t connected to them. Maybe the previous owner had a different set of after market lights that used that loom.

Ah, could be. I removed after market DRL lights (THQ V2) but that loom wasn’t connected to them. Maybe the previous owner had a different set of after market lights that used that loom.

I have DRLs from vw and the plugs and control box look different from your picture but i have seen a kit from travelite and the plugs look the same as you have . :unsure:

T6 DRL Kit

I'm currently trying to source the range control module, Short of paying VW £180 can anyone confirm if a LHD version will work? eBay Germany have a few but I don't want to buy it without knowing it will work? Also the VW dealer have said there are another three digits beyond the part number
6R0907357C - are these extra digits important?
Thanks in advance Paul

I'm currently trying to source the range control module, Short of paying VW £180 can anyone confirm if a LHD version will work? eBay Germany have a few but I don't want to buy it without knowing it will work? Also the VW dealer have said there are another three digits beyond the part number
Thanks in advance Paul
Sure it will:thumbsup:. I have one:).
I would only suggest to make sure that hardware and software versions are minimum: HW 005 and SW 0050.
The other thing with the second hand(even from different VAG model) is that you need to change the coding and also some adaptation parameters. Have a look here ----> T6 LED headlight retrofit

Last edited:
Thanks in advance Paul
As @Robert has said you should be fine. My unit was not from a T6, but from a Polo and was from Poland , but it is part number 6R0907357C and works perfectly for only £45. The coding and adaptation changes are pretty simple in VCDS thanks to the post linked from Robert.

I have DRLs from vw and the plugs and control box look different from your picture but i have seen a kit from travelite and the plugs look the same as you have . :unsure:

T6 DRL Kit
Sorry fella, I misunderstood you until I clicked your link! I was thinking you meant LED DRLs in the headlight unit rather than the separate grill mounted DRLs. Yeah, that makes perfect sense now!

As @Robert has said you should be fine. My unit was not from a T6, but from a Polo and was from Poland , but it is part number 6R0907357C and works perfectly for only £45. The coding and adaptation changes are pretty simple in VCDS thanks to the post linked from Robert.
Mine is from LHD Passat CC and also from Poland, but it was only €40=£33 including the plug. ;):whistle:

Thanks for the confirmation, guess the C is important and that a B wouldn’t work?...

Thanks for the heads up, I was watching that one but I decided not to risk it with the scratch, I did speak to the seller but I will get a new unit to match the RHS, since that’s one of the ‘visible’ parts.

It went for £345 plus postage, I might have taken a punt around the £200 mark but a new one isn’t much more plus peace of mind after your saga with damaged second hand units.

I wonder if it went to anyone on here?...

Back