Thanks for the heads up, I was watching that one but I decided not to risk it with the scratch, I did speak to the seller but I will get a new unit to match the RHS, since that’s one of the ‘visible’ parts.

It went for £345 plus postage, I might have taken a punt around the £200 mark but a new one isn’t much more plus peace of mind after your saga with damaged second hand units.

I wonder if it went to anyone on here?...
I wondered the same thing, did someone on here get it?

Don’t blame you to go brand new, yeah, it’s been a bit frustrating. First one was absolutely mint and such a shame it was smashed during shipping. Second one actually wasn’t as good, but I’ll have a brand new one that side now.

If only i had the minerals to do this conversion myself. @ChrisR you happy with the night drives now?
Don’t know yet, my NS unit should arrive tomorrow so I’ll let you know, but I expect it to be very good, I’ve been overtaken on the motorway by LED equipped T6’s and they seem to be floating along on an ocean of light! After two damaged second hand ones I’ve gone brand new on that side for my third attempt.

As for needing the minerals, don’t worry about it. It seems daunting, but is actually pretty straight forward, the BCM is a pain to get to and I took a while to get my head around the VCDS because it was my first time using it. I could do the coding in 10 minutes now if I had to do it again though. I used one of Pauly's looms which made the wiring a doodle, but again, now I’ve done it once it would be pretty straight forward to do that from scratch too, but more time consuming.

Last edited:
Don’t know yet, my NS unit should arrive tomorrow so I’ll let you know. After two damaged second hand ones I’ve gone brand new on that side.

As for needing the minerals, don’t worry about it. It seems daunting, but is actually pretty straight forward, the BCM is a pain to get to and I took a while to get my head around the VCDS because it was my first time using it. I could do the coding in 10 minutes now if I had to do it again though. I used one of Pauly's looms which made the writing a doodle, but again, now I’ve done it once it would be pretty straight forward to do that from scratch too, but more time consuming.

I haven't got VCDS at the moment sadly. What does Paulys loom do? does it connect to the existing wiring?

I haven't got VCDS at the moment sadly. What does Paulys loom do? does it connect to the existing wiring?
Yeah, it’s pretty much one complete loom and he provides detailed instructions for it. It plugs into the existing loom where it needs to and then there are a few pins to connect into the BCM. You can do the whole job in a day with enough time to stop for a cuppa.
Having used VCDS myself for the first time I’m thinking of getting my own, but I’m not sure if I would use it enough, I borrowed one for this job.

My plan is to make my own loom using the information from @Robert in this post. I plan to start with the levelling sensors etc and then run the loom to the headlights ready. Then fit the lights & code last to reduce down time...

Yeah, it’s pretty much one complete loom and he provides detailed instructions for it. It plugs into the existing loom where it needs to and then there are a few pins to connect into the BCM. You can do the whole job in a day with enough time to stop for a cuppa.
Having used VCDS myself for the first time I’m thinking of getting my own, but I’m not sure if I would use it enough, I borrowed one for this job.

Sorry for all the questions as was considering the THQ headlight upgrade. So does the loom elite the need for any of the wiring in the parts list?

2 x 1J0973737 - 14 pin headlamp plug including rubber seals & terminals
1 x 000979025E - pre-crimped wire(with terminal at each end) for side lights connection to the BCM / CEM
10 x 000979009E - pre-crimped wire(with terminal at each end) for PWM connection to the BCM / CEM & headlight range module plug
2 x 4B0973712A - plug for level sensor including rubber seals & terminals
15m x cable 6 x 0.5mm2

leaving just the following required?

1 x 7E2941773 LHS LED headlamp - Valeo 46718
1 x 7E2941774 RHS LED headlamp - Valeo 46719
2 x 4G0907697G - power module for sides/DRLs (4G0907697F could be also used)
2 x 7PP941571A - power module for low/high beam (7PP941571AE should be used)
1 x 6R0907357C - headlight range control module
1 x 7M3 972 726 - plug for headlight range control module
1 x 6Q0941334 - illumination adjuster
1 x 7E0941273 - front level sensor
1 x 7E0941274 - rear level sensor

Sorry for all the questions as was considering the THQ headlight upgrade. So does the loom elite the need for any of the wiring in the parts list?

1 x 000979025E - pre-crimped wire(with terminal at each end) for side lights connection to the BCM / CEM
10 x 000979009E - pre-crimped wire(with terminal at each end) for PWM connection to the BCM / CEM & headlight range module plug
15m x cable 6 x 0.5mm2

Yes!

15m x cable 6 x 0.5mm2

And if you’re lucky enough to find good second hand head lights, some sellers include the power modules in the price.

Thanks so much guys, this is getting more appealing to me now. I've got a local auto electrician near me who is great at coding, i may have a word and see if they can help.

That's a bit strong, I don't disagree with your point but deeps breaths mate.
I ordered the levelling system today so will hopefully have some more parts to play with tomorrow
Hi Bud, Can you give me a call please 01209843654 regards Kenny

Is there any info on installing the BCM and levellers? I’m just trying to sanitise this in my mine before deciding if I’m capable of doing the job

Is there any info on installing the BCM and levellers? I’m just trying to sanitise this in my mine before deciding if I’m capable of doing the job
If you buy the loom from @Pauly the whole job is a doodle, he’ll include instructions and photos of what to do. Having done it using his loom I can highly recommend it, but now I know where everything goes I think you could do it the @Robert way pretty easily making your own looms.

Had another good read of this last night, couple of quick ones for the clever folks who’ve done the conversion.

1. Does any additional cabling need to run back to the BCM after the new module has been installed?

2. I already have a dimmer dial in the van and the part listed looks like the one I already have?? Do some vans not have this or is the part listed slightly different?

also have pm’d you @Pauly for a headlight conversion harness price

1. Yes as per Robert’s guide
2. Only needs changing if it also has the wheel for the headlight level adjustment

Back