i thinking about getting leds retrofitted , where i live there's no mot so thinking of skipping auto levelling , would this work ?

Technically speaking yes, but you would have no adjustment on your lights range.

Reactions: mmi
Yes they have the plastic adjustment screws same as standard headlights

is there a manual way of adjusting on the headlight itself ?
You could also consider this option? Have a look below.
Hello, I am the owner of the 2010 t5gp, BCM 087, 2 years ago created a kit for reworking headlights gp xenon, and this year made an upgrade to t6 + full led headlights, created a kit for reworking the connector into the connector, without coding the unit and replacing the wiring, Without regular ignition units of led size and head light, some modification of the headlights is necessary, but it is simple and does not require electrician skills. The kit consists of two adapters 10-14, two blocks of burning the dimensions / DRL led, two blocks of burning the head light near / high beam, an adapter for the two headlights (controls the motors in the headlight from the standard "wheel" of halogen headlights, 4 fixed positions). Factory blocks are not needed completely, only turn lamps. The cost of the kit is $ 800. Installed on many blocks 086; 087; 089; 090. On the 086-087 blocks, the BCM is even simpler; to install a kit, they are analog, 089-090 are digital — they may produce an error, but this is also possible.
Here is the corrector adapter for full led headlights, headlight motors and halogen wheel controls.

Sie haben meine Beschreibung nicht verstanden, ich habe die Halogenscheinwerfer nicht verändert oder zerbrochen, ich habe die originalen FULL LED T6 Scheinwerfer GESTARTET. Ich habe ein Video gemacht und bin bereit zu erklären, wenn Sie Fragen haben. SCHEINWERFER werden vollständig von Einheiten gesteuert, die ich erfunden und mit meinen eigenen Händen hergestellt habe. Das Video zeigt die Geschwindigkeit der Leuchtweitenregulierung. Wenn es sich um einen Halogenmotor handelt, beträgt die Korrekturgeschwindigkeit ca. 5 Sekunden. 0-1-2-3, FULL LED-Motoren 1 Sekunde für alle 4 Positionen.

You did not understand my description, I did not change or break the halogen headlamps, I STARTED the original FULL LED T6 headlamps. I have made a video and am ready to explain if you have any questions. HEADLIGHTS are completely controlled by units that I invented and made with my own hands. The video shows the speed of headlamp leveling. If it is a halogen motor, the correction speed is about 5 seconds. 0-1-2-3, FULL LED motors 1 second for all 4 positions.

Video

@Morzze can you provide us with the price for your kit?

Reactions: mmi
I forgot that my retrofit was from twin H7 to LED and I didn't take in consideration upgrade from H4.
So complete VCDS coding for LED upgrade/retrofit from either H4 or twin H7 should be as follows
Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 2 0
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0
As above but it seems that VW made also some other coding changes related to the installation of LED headlights/rear lights.

Just got scanned a few new/different T6s so here is a comparison/summary/commons of factory codings of front LEDs with T6 rear lights. A related thread ---> ‘Light Out’
------------------------------------------------
BCM (09) 7E0 937 090 codings for T6 EU6 panel vans with LED headlights and LED rear lights (as from factory for T6 with tailgate)
(MY16, MY17, MY18)
  • Byte 16 = C0 (low byte unknown, for LED "_0", for non-LED "_F", high byte lamp diagnostics codings)
  • Byte 18 = 73 (light configuration)
  • Byte 19 = 89 (rear light + lamp diagnostics codings)
  • Byte 27 = 3F (function unknown) also ---> Light Out
  • Byte 29 bit 5 = "1"
  • Byte 21 bit 0 = "1" (DRL LED)
  • Byte 22 bit 2 = "0" (Low beam ON with High beam)
EDIT#1: Byte 29 added above.
EDIT#2: Byte 16 added above.

BCM (09) 7E0 937 090 codings for T6 EU6 panel vans with LED headlights and "normal" bulb rear lights (as from factory for T6 with barn doors)
(MY18, MY19)
  • Byte 16 = C2 (low byte unknown, for LED "_2", for non-LED "_F", high byte lamp diagnostics codings)
  • Byte 18 = 72 (light configuration)
  • Byte 19 = 8F (rear light + lamp diagnostics codings)
  • Byte 27 = 22 (function unknown)
  • Byte 29 bit 5 = "1"
  • Byte 21 bit 0 = "1" (DRL LED)
  • Byte 22 bit 2 = "0" (Low beam ON with High beam)
EDIT#1: Byte 29 added above.
EDIT#2: Byte 16 added above.
Anyways, for the differences in unknowns German variant of VCDS 19.6.1 suggests the following in the byte 27:
Bit 0 = Kennzeichenbeleuchtung in LED Ausführung (License plate light LED)
Bit 2 = Zusätzliche Positionleuchten in LED-Ausführung (additional marker lights LED)
Bit 3 = Nebelschlussleuchte in LED-Ausführung (rear fog lights LED)
Bit 4 = Schlusslicht in LED-Ausführung (rear lights LED)

EDIT#2: German variant of VCDS 19.6.1 suggests the following in the byte 16:
Bit 0 = Ansteuerung Abblendlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv (Dipped beam PWM driven)
Bit 1 = Ansteuerung Nebelschlusslicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv (Rear fog lights PWM driven)
Bit 2 = Ansteuerung Tagfahrlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv (DRL PWM driven)
Bit 3 = Ansteuerung Fernlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv (High beam PWM driven)

EDIT#3 (2020-05-24): Struck out Byte 29 - as probably not associated with LED head/rear lights (rather MFSW --> How To Retrofit Mfsw And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking Dsg Paddles For Ccs )
EDIT#4 (2022-04-08) Updated Byte 29 bit 5 = "1" otherwise will trigger as faults below
00978 - Lamp for Low Beam; Left (M29)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

00979 - Lamp for Low Beam; Right (M31)
010 - Open or Short to Plus

01495 - Bulb for High-Beams; Left (M30)
007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent

Last edited:
So the final piece of my retrofit puzzle (the headlights themselves), finally arrived yesterday! I was almost as excited as my kids were on Christmas day! Off came the top of the box, out came the protective packaging and then out came this........

IMG_3759.JPG IMG_3760.JPG

:cry::cry::cry:

Damaged in transit! Confirmed by a headlight corner shaped hole in the side of the box.

Still, seller will accept it back for refund and I've found another on eBay, including control modules, but unfortunately £50 dearer than the previous one. Should be here on Tuesday.

This might be useful for some retro-fitters;)

Headlight range control module 6R0 907 357 C is used on number of other VAG models
so just in case if anybody is going to retrofit a second hand unit,
the following coding has to be applied
RHD: 0FCE020001000000
LHD: 0FCA020001000000

plus these adaptation values
ENG100660-PWM to Level Scaling Factor Front: -5.20 mm/%
ENG103748-PWM to Level Scaling Factor Rear: -5.60 mm/%

Security access key is 20103 or 96428 or 15284 :whistle:

So the final piece of my retrofit puzzle (the headlights themselves), finally arrived yesterday! I was almost as excited as my kids were on Christmas day! Off came the top of the box, out came the protective packaging and then out came this........

View attachment 57977 View attachment 57978

:cry::cry::cry:

Damaged in transit! Confirmed by a headlight corner shaped hole in the side of the box.

Still, seller will accept it back for refund and I've found another on eBay, including control modules, but unfortunately £50 dearer than the previous one. Should be here on Tuesday.

A shame about the damaged light unit, even more so since I think the replacement unit you've bagged was the one I was watching on Ebay from Trents :(

Hope the install goes well, you aren't far from me so I may ask to have a butchers and ask for some tips once you're up and running ;)

A shame about the damaged light unit, even more so since I think the replacement unit you've bagged was the one I was watching on Ebay from Trents :(

Hope the install goes well, you aren't far from me so I may ask to have a butchers and ask for some tips once you're up and running ;)

Afraid you’re right, I did steal that one!

@Robert @Pauly or anyone else who can help me. I'm stuck and I have a few problems.

1. I don't get the extra menu in the MFD
2. I can't make any changes to byte 18 in VCDS, it simply doesn't let me.

I have DRLs when engine not running, but they dim significantly when engine running. I have no headlights engine off or on.

All wiring is correct using the supplied plug and play loom, but I do have some fault codes, see attached text file.

Help me please!

Attachments

• VCDS Scan 23.01.2020 23.27.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 48
Headlights and DRLs won’t work until they are coded correctly, byte 18 needs to be changed manually by entering the code not with tickboxes

You won’t see the extra menu in the dash until the levelling system is correct and working, the module will get the headlights to dip and raise when you key on by default (as it is it’s base function) but it needs to be coded correctly and basic settings done to calibrate it, This should clear the fault in modules 19 & 55

once these things are done then you can address any faults you have

Headlights and DRLs won’t work until they are coded correctly, byte 18 needs to be changed manually by entering the code not with tickboxes

You won’t see the extra menu in the dash until the levelling system is correct and working, the module will get the headlights to dip and raise when you key on by default (as it is it’s base function) but it needs to be coded correctly and basic settings done to calibrate it, This should clear the fault in modules 19 & 55

once these things are done then you can address any faults you have
Thanks @Pauly but I can’t enter code in byte 18, the VCDS software doesn’t allow me to make any changes to byte 18. I can’t delete, add to, or over type the existing coding.

I’ll go out and have another go shortly.

You have to do it manually by selecting/deleting the two relevant digits and typing in the replacement digits

Yes, thanks, I had now worked that out, I've made some progress here this morning, but I still have a couple of issues.

I’ll continue trying to work through them but may be back for more advice yet. This is a day off work that I hadn’t been planning!

So, I have now coded the relevant modules successfully, including the troublesome module 9, byte 18, but I am still having a couple of problems.

1. The following fault code is appearing when I run a full scan: Everything appears to work correctly, but I'm bothered by this code, can anyone help with that? It appeared first time I ran VCDS to get a backup before making any changes. I have cleared it several times, but it is always there when I scan again.

Address 19 Fault.png

2. There's also the following text from the full scan: The range control module seems to work, there are no fault codes for that module, the headlights adjust up and down to find a level when I turn the ignition, but this status message won't go away. I also don't have the extra menu in the MFD.

Address 55 Fault.png

I also have a major hardware problem, the NS headlight, which itself is a replacement for one that arrived damaged in the post, is faulty! The low beam LED projector is loose inside the headlight! I hadn't noticed until after it was fitted, but it's no good so that'll need to go back to the seller! 3rd time lucky hopefully, maybe I'll buy brand new this time. Anyway, van's now going to be off the road for a few days whilst I source a new headlight, but in the meantime I would really like to sort these fault codes.

Any VCDS gurus out there that can help with this?

Glad you’re making progress and everything seems to be working (error codes aside!)

I’m still looking for a LHS headlight too.. I hope we aren’t bidding on the same ones again!...

So, I have now coded the relevant modules successfully, including the troublesome module 9, byte 18, but I am still having a couple of problems.

1. The following fault code is appearing when I run a full scan: Everything appears to work correctly, but I'm bothered by this code, can anyone help with that? It appeared first time I ran VCDS to get a backup before making any changes. I have cleared it several times, but it is always there when I scan again.

View attachment 59027

2. There's also the following text from the full scan: The range control module seems to work, there are no fault codes for that module, the headlights adjust up and down to find a level when I turn the ignition, but this status message won't go away. I also don't have the extra menu in the MFD.

View attachment 59028

I also have a major hardware problem, the NS headlight, which itself is a replacement for one that arrived damaged in the post, is faulty! The low beam LED projector is loose inside the headlight! I hadn't noticed until after it was fitted, but it's no good so that'll need to go back to the seller! 3rd time lucky hopefully, maybe I'll buy brand new this time. Anyway, van's now going to be off the road for a few days whilst I source a new headlight, but in the meantime I would really like to sort these fault codes.

Any VCDS gurus out there that can help with this?
You didn't tick box 55 in CAN gateway installation list.;)

Glad you’re making progress and everything seems to be working (error codes aside!)

I’m still looking for a LHS headlight too.. I hope we aren’t bidding on the same ones again!...
:rofl: No we won’t be this time, I think I’ll be going new. Hopefully the return won’t be difficult because I’ve had it over a week before noticing.

You didn't tick box 55 in CAN gateway installation list.;)
Of course! :rolleyes:

Done now, all faults gone away and new menu has appeared! Thanks.

Back