Hi all,

I bought full set of LEDs from Pauly including self levelling and wiring looms. Fitted all and codded initially as per Roberts instruction here but have found that lights were suddenly (without driving) turning themselves off. Changed byte 18 from 73 to 67 as someone was suggesting here and so far that's best I could get. All seems to be working "pretty fine" apart of few things; while driving from time to time either left or right light is flickering, extra menu for lights&vision didn't show up, when I put high beam on error on dash comes out. Final less important thing leaving home is activated but coming home even is ticked activated doesn't work.

I would really appreciate if someone could have a look of the below and point out what might be wrong in the coding.

Thank you

View attachment 52939
A couple of things.
The BCM number 7H0-937-089-F makes me wonder is it a T6? All the guesswork below is based on BCM 7E0 937 090...
Do you have also LED tail lights?

Do you get BOTH dipped AND high beam on. Or just either or? The coding in byte 22 ("2C"), suggests that the both are not on, which probably would cause the dash error. To start I would propose try to change byte 22 "2C" to "28" (just clearing the bit 2 see --> Bcu Central Electrics Module 09 Byte Screen Shots ).

A couple of things.
The BCM number 7H0-937-089-F makes me wonder is it a T6? All the guesswork below is based on BCM 7E0 937 090...
Do you have also LED tail lights?

Do you get BOTH dipped AND high beam on. Or just either or? The coding in byte 22 ("2C"), suggests that the both are not on, which probably would cause the dash error. To start I would propose try to change byte 22 "2C" to "28" (just clearing the bit 2 see --> Bcu Central Electrics Module 09 Byte Screen Shots ).

Thanks for reply.

Yes, it's 2016 T6.

A while ago I have replaced the tail lights with genuine LEDs. It was only the matter of changing the plugs so haven't done any coding for it (should I?)

When high beams are on dipped stays on too. They seems to be working fine but as soon as you put high beams on error on the dash appear.

A while ago I have replaced the tail lights with genuine LEDs. It was only the matter of changing the plugs so haven't done any coding for it (should I?)
That shouldn't matter - the tail light coding is probably part of the byte 18 so the codings @Robert mentioned (73 or 77) take care of that.

Not yet, I will try to do that tonight.
And please check the fault codes - there should be some as you got the dash error.

I have seen similar fault codes on LED conversion, think it will normally say 'open or short to positive' followed by high beam left or low beam right etc, error numbers normally in the 30s

Ticking the box like @Robert suggested should sort that part

Random question, if I brought headlights from Poland, I take it they would be from a LHD? Could they be converted for RHD??
Thanks for any help!!

Random question, if I brought headlights from Poland, I take it they would be from a LHD? Could they be converted for RHD??
Thanks for any help!!
Majority(maybe all of them) of second hand parts on polish market are LHD. I was actually considering this path before I did my LED retrofit but instead I went for a brand new RHD. It is possible to modify them but the process of opening the headlamp is quite tricky. My advice is to shop around and even go for second hand but definetly RHD.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Hmmm.... the first picture (yesterday) was obviously from a different vehicle. So the coding for byte 18 in this one is definitely "73".
Is someone trying to test our expertise:sneaky:?

Reactions: mmi
Hmmm.... the first picture (yesterday) was obviously from a different vehicle. So the coding for byte 18 in this one is definitely "73".
Hi guys,

I just realised that the photo I have uploaded two days ago is the screenshot I took (of someone else) and not my actual coding ¯\_(ツ)_/¯‍♂️SORRY! That explains confusion about different vehicles.

Please find photo of my codes below.

20191002_192825.jpg

Hi guys,

I just realised that the photo I have uploaded two days ago is the screenshot I took (of someone else) and not my actual coding ¯\_(ツ)_/¯‍♂️SORRY! That explains confusion about different vehicles.

Please find photo of my codes below.

View attachment 53068
In the picture the byte 18 is "CE" - is this coding before retrofit as I would expect to see "73" there? The byte 22 is "79" - what I expected it to be when having both dipped and high beam on.

In the picture the byte 18 is "CE" - is this coding before retrofit as I would expect to see "73" there? The byte 22 is "79" - what I expected it to be when having both dipped and high beam on.

Thank you for the tips @mmi @Robert . Lights stopped flickering and warning on the dash is gone!!

I've changed byte 16 to D0 (had to tick bit 4,6 and 7 as with 4&7 lights still been flickering)

Byte 18 I had previously on 67 (as someone was suggesting) but that was changed to 73

The only still missing thing is the extra menu for lights&vision. Any idea what will activate that?

Back