Im just about to pull the pin and order a set Judd T3111r

My Van is a T6 T32 4motion 204ps LWB 2017 on standard suspension at the moment.

I plan to lower it 40mm+ on Stance coil overs soon.

I am thinking of going for 20" 9.5 wide all round ET?? I wanted to stagger but i have been advised against it due to it being a 4motion.

Will this work and what offset is best to keep the wheels under the arches with no rubbing ? (hopefully without spacers)

I really appreciate any help, it has got me head done in as I'm a total novice when it comes to this.
same mate

Interested to know why 4MO’s shouldn’t be staggered. Genuine question as I have a 4MO in the pipeline. :thumbsup:
For a 4mo you need to retain the same rolling radius front and back so you dont upset the haldex system. If you have a staggered set up, in order to match tyre width to rim width, people often use different tyres front and rear, giving a different rolling radius. BUT, you dont have to, and can use the same tyre front and back (within reason), or match rolling radius with different tyres (eg 275/40/20 and 245/45/20)

So there's no reason you can't have a staggered set up, you just need to do it properly

For a 4mo you need to retain the same rolling radius front and back so you dont upset the haldex system. If you have a staggered set up, in order to match tyre width to rim width, people often use different tyres front and rear, giving a different rolling radius. BUT, you dont have to, and can use the same tyre front and back (within reason), or match rolling radius with different tyres (eg 275/40/20 and 245/45/20)

So there's no reason you can't have a staggered set up, you just need to do it properly
Thats awesome, thanks for info. Still working to the details yourself and Huw169 provided in the previous page around sizing tyres for the 4MO.

Having read so many helpful posts the following is what I believe will best suit my daughters van, I would welcome any comments in case I have made the wrong choice or have missed something obvious, thank you in advance:-

1. 2021 Spec - T32 SWB Caravelle Executive 4 Motion
2. Retain the existing VW Caravelle springs as these are already 30mm lower and fit for T32
3. VW Trident 20" Alloys rated at 930kg
4. 275/40 R20 106Y All weather tyres (Any advice on brand?)
5. Laser re-alignment (Is this neccessary considering its a wheel/tyre change)
6. Anything I have missed??

To avoid any warranty interfaces I was intending having the MD supply and fit the wheels and tyres along with front and rear spoiler but in truth they have not filled me with confidence that they know what they are doing.....................

Last edited:
Leighton LV1's in satin bronze.
Decided to be brave & go with the bronze instead of black........ very happy with the outcome
Brilliant service from Leighton Vans & the customer service I received over some unavailable locking wheel bolts was top notch!!
Spoke with a guy called Carl at 15.00 on the Wednesday...... they were with me by 11.00 the following day!!!

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Last edited:
Leighton LV1's in satin bronze.
Decided to be brave & go with the bronze instead of black........ very happy with the outcome
Brilliant service from Leighton Vans & the customer service I received over some unavailable locking wheel bolts was top notch!!
Spoke with a guy called Carl at 15.00 on the Wednesday...... they were with me by 11.00 the following day!!!

View attachment 115198

View attachment 115199

Looks great, nice colour

Looking at buying T6 T32 LWB 4 motion, DSG, no diff lock, 2 side doors.
I have read I won’t have as much choice with wheels on T32, also may want to convert in a few years.
Is T32 as easy to lower, convert etc. Any advice welcome as new to Transporters, thanks!

T32 wheels that have the correct load rating are very limited for choice but most people don't look into that much detail when purchasing wheels. I have a T32 twin slider but i'm thinking it might be awkward when i want camping interior later in its life. T32's already come with better suspension from factory but it looks like there's loads of options for lowering them.

Back